"Do No Harm/Do Know Harm" morale patch?

wow...this thread still lives...

ok, lets keep it simple (and no, theres really no multiple interpretations)...

if you're a TacMed you know what it means, if youre not then don't pontificate about it...

Medics and medical personnel heed the oath of "do no harm"...thats why Medics used to be unarmed and hospital types don't appreciate defensive weapons..."we're a place of healing, we have no need for weapons"...sure that might work at the local hospital.

Tactical Medics are armed and armed for a reason. As a member of a small team and as the rules of TCCC dictate- SHOOT FIRST, the treat...if a 5man team takes 2 casualties, all able bodies need to return fire to suppress or eliminate the threat prior to treating others.

So the Do No Harm/ Do Know Harm patch identifies a TacMed as someone who can save your life and end it just as quickly...has nothing to do w/ the potential risks of the medicines they have on hand or anything else.

I "Do No Harm" to my Pt's...and just as well I "Do Know Harm" w/ 2 to the chest and 1 to the head...

if you're a TacMed you know what it means, if youre not then don't pontificate about it...

Medics and medical personnel heed the oath of "do no harm"...thats why Medics used to be unarmed and hospital types don't appreciate defensive weapons..."we're a place of healing, we have no need for weapons"...sure that might work at the local hospital.

Tactical Medics are armed and armed for a reason. As a member of a small team and as the rules of TCCC dictate- SHOOT FIRST, the treat...if a 5man team takes 2 casualties, all able bodies need to return fire to suppress or eliminate the threat prior to treating others.

So the Do No Harm/ Do Know Harm patch identifies a TacMed as someone who can save your life and end it just as quickly...has nothing to do w/ the potential risks of the medicines they have on hand or anything else.

I "Do No Harm" to my Pt's...and just as well I "Do Know Harm" w/ 2 to the chest and 1 to the head...

This thread hadn't lived for over a year.

To me the patch identifies someone as a weirdo that likes morale patches. That is normally accompanied by a sense that they think they are more qualified than they are.

well it went from 2007 to last yr...so its been living...and viewing the posts I saw a lot of pontification but not real answers

well it went from 2007 to last yr...so its been living...and viewing the posts I saw a lot of pontification but not real answers

Look at the years there bud. It went over 8 years with no posts. We don't like people dropping in reviving what is basically a 10 year old thread, to add basic bullshit. You are new here. Maybe you should get a feel for the site before you start pontificating yourself.

I don't understand what your point is. Medics/Corpsmen have been carrying weapons for the last half century. This was a thread about a patch you could order on the internet. Of course as a Medic/Corpsman you support your team with fire and use your weapon to protect the wounded you are treating.

Last edited:

Thank you for that valuable treatise on tactical medicine. It was very educational.

55988482.jpg

M.

Back