Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

You know what Trump returning to Twitter will do? Get DeSantis into the White House.

Through in Nikki Haley as a running mate (or Tulsi since she's moved to that side of the aisle) and he's basically got it in the bag.

Dude is the upgraded Trump. Just as good at the culture war/"own the libs" stuff, but without the baggage or constant "foot in mouth disease" Trump had.

I only wish it were that simple. My lib friends would talk about that shit constantly. Hell my mom, who did not give two shits about politics until 2016, now spends most every reposting DU memes and “VOTE” posts. It’s everywhere!

Yes you could say I’m a bit….TRIGGERED

100% this.

Latte liberals who don't have opinions outside of what Rachel Maddows tells them would not shut the fuck up about "OMG did you hear what he tweeted?!?!?!"

Shit gets ratings because Trump is a good heel, plain and simple. It's all WWE

Through in Nikki Haley as a running mate (or Tulsi since she's moved to that side of the aisle) and he's basically got it in the bag.

Dude is the upgraded Trump. Just as good at the culture war/"own the libs" stuff, but without the baggage or constant "foot in mouth disease" Trump had.

100% this.

Latte liberals who don't have opinions outside of what Rachel Maddows tells them would not shut the fuck up about "OMG did you hear what he tweeted?!?!?!"

Shit gets ratings because Trump is a good heel, plain and simple. It's all WWE
Tulsi is a great idea. I don't think she could/would run with Trump, but DeSantis would probably be an ideal partner. She is intelligent, articulate, has military experience, a national profile, experience on the national state, and the ability to raise money. She's from a state with few electoral votes, which almost certainly won't vote (R) in the next election, but I don't know how much of a detriment that could be.

You know, one of the best things about this last year was not having to think that fat idiot. Now I’m going to see breathless articles about the latest tweet or some other dumb shit he did.

I only wish it were that simple. My lib friends would talk about that shit constantly. Hell my mom, who did not give two shits about politics until 2016, now spends most every reposting DU memes and “VOTE” posts. It’s everywhere!

Yes you could say I’m a bit….TRIGGERED

But you are liberal, so would they just be friends?

Most liberals in the world if I go by Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, must live horrible lives as they've disowned their parents for having slightly different views.

But hey, I got unfriended and called a baby killer by one of my best friends when I was a junior at VMI. I don't know any conservatives that did the same in my sphere.

Tulsi is a great idea. I don't think she could/would run with Trump, but DeSantis would probably be an ideal partner. She is intelligent, articulate, has military experience, a national profile, experience on the national state, and the ability to raise money. She's from a state with few electoral votes, which almost certainly won't vote (R) in the next election, but I don't know how much of a detriment that could be.

I don't disagree with your assessment of her. I just don't respect her (politically) as much as I do Haley, because she seems to have jumped on the "I stand for whatever position makes me money" gift.

Remember, she was a "universal Healthcare for all" Bernie Bro up until just after the 2020 election.
She's too much of a snake type politican for me, if that makes any sense.

But you are liberal, so would they just be friends?

Most liberals in the world if I go by Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, must live horrible lives as they've disowned their parents for having slightly different views.

But hey, I got unfriended and called a baby killer by one of my best friends when I was a junior at VMI. I don't know any conservatives that did the same in my sphere.

I think the "liberal" friends he's describing would be like if we referred to someone who can quote Tucker Carlson but doesn't have any viewpoints outside of that as "conservative friends".

They're apolitical people who've picked a sports team, not a policy position.

I think anyone who gets into that bubble (lib/con) get themselves too stressed out about "OMG the other side did....." social media posts, because it's become a game to them.

I think you make a great point about your "sphere" as well. I doubt you have a lot of the above described conservatives in your bubble, which is probably why you haven't seen it. Likewise, I haven't seen it from my (actually politically engaged) liberal/leftists friends.

I have seen it from a few of my conservative friends/family members, but they fall into the above "sports team" category.

ETA: I need a version of "Latte Liberal" to describe that sort of conservative. "Coffee Con" doesn't really give the same mental image

To the topic at hand:

I'm very interested to see how Musk handles speech on twitter now. We've seen sites try to be "free speech zones" like Gab/Parker, but they don't have any real market share.
What tends to happen to "free speech" on the internet is everything devolves into 4chan; just a cesspool of anon trolls posting the most racist/misogynist/hateful/etc stuff they can. Obviously, you don't get many advertisers willing to hop on that.

To the topic at hand:

I'm very interested to see how Musk handles speech on twitter now. We've seen sites try to be "free speech zones" like Gab/Parker, but they don't have any real market share.
What tends to happen to "free speech" on the internet is everything devolves into 4chan; just a cesspool of anon trolls posting the most racist/misogynist/hateful/etc stuff they can. Obviously, you don't get many advertisers willing to hop on that.

I just want equal application of Twitter policies on libbluecheckbrigade. They get away with a lot of shit because the Twitter employees who police speech are aligned with their political views. Or, reopen the flood gates. Equal application of policies is all I'm asking for.

I just want equal application of Twitter policies on libbluecheckbrigade. They get away with a lot of shit because the Twitter employees who police speech are aligned with their political views. Or, reopen the flood gates. Equal application of policies is all I'm asking for.

One of the biggest and wryest ironies of Twitter was Vijaya Gadde, head of "legal policy, trust, and safety," who was the mastermind of censoring conservative speech and allowing hate speech against conservatives. The removal of people like this should, hopefully, allow them to publish more balanced commentary.

To the topic at hand:

I don’t really care what happens to Twitter. If it dies, it dies; win-win for everyone.

Social media platforms shouldn't be censoring/canceling users or determining what is "fact" the way Twitter, IG, and others have done. If they want to control content in that manner, then they also need to be liable for dangerous/harmful content they allow to be live-streamed, such as assaults and homicides. Otherwise, they need to simply be a utility for the transmission of content and nothing more.

I don't disagree with your assessment of her. I just don't respect her (politically) as much as I do Haley, because she seems to have jumped on the "I stand for whatever position makes me money" grift.

Remember, she was a "universal Healthcare for all" Bernie Bro up until just after the 2020 election.
She's too much of a snake type politician for me, if that makes any sense.
That makes sense to me. But it might also help her appeal to a wider range of voters.

I'm at the point now that I don't care who runs on the R ticket next cycle, as long as they win.

Clear to me that the blueanons care way more about their ability to spew hate speech. Nothing changed about the platform but they are melting.
What a terrible person she is.

The definition of "crybully" should have her picture and links to her literally crying about being dox'd and attacked online, and then a separate one showing her bullying another woman by doing the exact same thing.

Back