Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

These blue anons just don't get it.

Jesus. Do y’all spend time on the internet? At all?

Google ‘learn to code’. It was right next to another popular saying from the left, when people were getting fired from their jobs for not taking the vaccine. “We’re all in this together”.

I see you remember the Obama presidency quite well.

View attachment 40911
Elon agrees that blue checks were being sold.

Of course they were. All those idiots out of a job need to do us all a favor and self select from the gene pool. But I'll give them a good option, chemical castration. Since most of them probably advocate for hormone blockers in children. /s

View attachment 40911
Elon agrees that blue checks were being sold.
Not surprised that this happened, but I am surprised the dollar amounts were that high.

I wonder how many people were involved in the verification process.

Was it a team of people doing it, or just one employee who could be like "Yo @amlove21 , your checkmark will be 5k sent to my venmo."

Of course they were. All those idiots out of a job need to do us all a favor and self select from the gene pool. But I'll give them a good option, chemical castration. Since most of them probably advocate for hormone blockers in children. /s

Is Psaki trying to imply Biden is a charismatic politican that people like?
Because that's a big part of why Clinton/Obama managed their second turns.

Biden is the MRE vegetable omelet of presidents.

Not surprised that this happened, but I am surprised the dollar amounts were that high.

Was it a team of people doing it, or just one employee who could be like "Yo @amlove21 , your checkmark will be 5k sent to my venmo."

Is Psaki trying to imply Biden is a charismatic politican that people like?
Because that's a big part of why Clinton/Obama managed their second turns.

Biden is the MRE vegetable omelet of presidents.
This quote was beautiful start to finish.

Only one to beat your above was this one. You, good sir, are en fuego.

What's weird to me is that this is only coming out now. No one was pissed off enough to blow the whistle before Musk took over?

Also, was getting a blue checkmark sooooo important it was worth $15k under the table? How much was Twitter verification making people?

Something just doesn't sound right.

What's weird to me is that this is only coming out now. No one was pissed off enough to blow the whistle before Musk took over?

Also, was getting a blue checkmark sooooo important it was worth $15k under the table? How much was Twitter verification making people?

Something just doesn't sound right.

If it was a limited number of employees doing this to smaller creators, it's probably because the perception is it'd just be brushed under the rug.

The checkmark had the most financial benefit for independent creators (artists, journos, etc), because it demonstrated you had reached on the platform. For example, I know someone through Facebook who writes for a number of smaller lib outlets.

When she was a full time writer for the Inquisitr she had a checkmark because she was an employee. I remember her posting when she got laid off (2020ish IIRC) and subsequently lost the check that she had much more difficulty getting work at other outlets.

I know it's anecdotal, but I've seen this pop up for a number of other small creators as well.

Meta's internal emails communicated a 13% layoff, 4 months severance for those leaving. Lots of unhappy people in Zuckerworld today.

Luckily, the lady tiger didn't get the axe. We live.

4 months of severance isn't a bad deal at all. I wonder how many of them hop over to Twitter since Elon is trying to get staff back?

Meta's internal emails communicated a 13% layoff, 4 months severance for those leaving. Lots of unhappy people in Zuckerworld today.

Luckily, the lady tiger didn't get the axe. We live.
4 month severance? Holy smokes!

If it was a limited number of employees doing this to smaller creators, it's probably because the perception is it'd just be brushed under the rug.

The checkmark had the most financial benefit for independent creators (artists, journos, etc), because it demonstrated you had reached on the platform. For example, I know someone through Facebook who writes for a number of smaller lib outlets.

When she was a full time writer for the Inquisitr she had a checkmark because she was an employee. I remember her posting when she got laid off (2020ish IIRC) and subsequently lost the check that she had much more difficulty getting work at other outlets.

I know it's anecdotal, but I've seen this pop up for a number of other small creators as well.

4 months of severance isn't a bad deal at all. I wonder how many of them hop over to Twitter since Elon is trying to get staff back?

I knew someone that I worked with who got her blue check. She is a nobody, but was the media manager for USA Rugby while they were at the Olympics. I am also a nobody, but have quadruple the following. Makes no sense.

@ThunderHorse the crazy thing (there are a lot) was that people literally just onboarded. Like- hadn't even done a day of work and then got laid off and the severance package.

The calls (basically the CEOs explaining the moves) were HILARIOUS. Watching a bunch of Gen Z employees drag the speakers in the chat in real time was exquisite.

@ThunderHorse the crazy thing (there are a lot) was that people literally just onboarded. Like- hadn't even done a day of work and then got laid off and the severance package.

The calls (basically the CEOs explaining the moves) were HILARIOUS. Watching a bunch of Gen Z employees drag the speakers in the chat in real time was exquisite.

I know people hate on Gen Z (with some good reason) but their generational disregard for giving a shit about old school "business professionalism" in situations like this is always hilarious to see.

Cost of a blue check: $8
Using a fake account to cost Eli Lilly millions: priceless.

Beat me to it. There were so many good ones to choose from.

Back