Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

Yet when someone tries to fix it you cheer for them to fail?
Cheering for them to fail? Not at all.

Musk is no dummy, yet he’s acting like it is amateur hour the way he is running this company.

I believe he’s making the same mistake that Trump made, he is letting his off-the-cuff Twitter comments chip away at his credibility and reputation as a brilliant businessman.

Cheering for them to fail? Not at all.

Musk is no dummy, yet he’s acting like it is amateur hour the way he is running this company.

I believe he’s making the same mistake that Trump made, he is letting his off-the-cuff Twitter comments chip away at his credibility and reputation as a brilliant businessman.

It's like an example of how even highly intelligent/successful people can still fall victim to Dunning-Krueger.

A running theme in some of the talk around this from industry folks is that Musk has expectations from Telsa/SpaceX that won't apply to Twitter.

Engineers and coders might be willing to work in shit conditions if they believe in the products or broader reasons for the project. Doesn't seem to be the case with people at these social media tech companies as much.

Are the jobs available? Lots of big tech layoffs, add the cuts announced by Amazon and the IT market could be tight for a bit.

If someone was in a tech role, some other company that's growing (uber, SNAP) or a startup will snatch them up.

If they were office staff (HR, Sales, etc) they might have a harder time if they want to stay in the industry.

If someone was in a tech role, some other company that's growing (uber, SNAP) or a startup will snatch them up.
Will they? I don't see that much demand for high price, onshore coders/tech right now. Skills in demand are very specific and, generally speaking, no one is bringing on new hires before the holidays. They might want to consider a career change into the re-emerging idea of onshore manufacturing. ;)

I'm curious about the work histories of Twitter employees/ ex-employees. First job? Second job after working in some code mill for a tech firm or a boutique software company? Some obviously have some serious street cred in Nerd World, but how many do not?

I've been wondering that exact topic for some time now (since the first threats of "if he buys the company I'll quit") - what percentage of Twitter employees are actually capable software developers? How many can build from scratch vs. employing company-specific toolsets? How many are even on the development side of the company (vs content moderation, marketing, Tom Smykowski, etc)?

I wonder because the same people breathlessly writing articles about thousands of "tech workers" leaving are the same people with a LOOOONG rich history of misrepresenting shit.

Will they? I don't see that much demand for high price, onshore coders/tech right now. Skills in demand are very specific and, generally speaking, no one is bringing on new hires before the holidays. They might want to consider a career change into the re-emerging idea of onshore manufacturing. ;)

I think those that got laid off are going to be more hurt than whoever takes that 3 months of severance. Have to remember too that a number of those may be overseas and have different markets.

If someone is really struggling for employment, I'm sure they could just become a GS employee. Lmao

It's like an example of how even highly intelligent/successful people can still fall victim to Dunning-Krueger.

A running theme in some of the talk around this from industry folks is that Musk has expectations from Telsa/SpaceX that won't apply to Twitter.

Engineers and coders might be willing to work in shit conditions if they believe in the products or broader reasons for the project. Doesn't seem to be the case with people at these social media tech companies as much.

If they were office staff (HR, Sales, etc) they might have a harder time if they want to stay in the industry.

Twitter is still up guyz, quit the hyperbole. Most of the people saying they're quitting probably don't even work there.

Seriously. He's giving them an incentive (major severance) to self-select out. It's just housekeeping to see who really wants to be there.

Think about this... To do a legal layoff, he has to do a whole bunch of documentation, he has to pay unemployment, he has to still pay a severance. If he doesn't lay them off and fires them instead, he has to do months or even years of documentation to establish cause before firing them. If on the other hand he just tells them how bad he's going to make it and offers a bit more severance than they would have gotten so they quit on their own, he avoids all of that crap. It's called managing someone out (also sometimes called silent firing). He's just doing it on the grand scale.

Last edited:
Stuff in the Tech World is going wild. My SIL works at a software company that specializes in water treatment software and she interviewed for a different position that was an adjacent move and her boss goes: "Your position has been eliminated, you've been selected for this one, do you want it?" She took it. And her entire team got laid off an hour later. Never mind that her company still has contracts to fulfill.

My favorite so far….

View attachment 40956
Social engineers vs. actual engineers. :ROFLMAO:

The absolute obsession with Musk and his running of Twitter, particularly from leftists, is fascinating, especially when considering that Zuckerburg and Meta just announced they're cutting 11,000 employees (13% of it's staff). Gotta love the virtue signaling.

Social engineers vs. actual engineers. :ROFLMAO:

The absolute obsession with Musk and his running of Twitter, particularly from leftists, is fascinating, especially when considering that Zuckerburg and Meta just announced they're cutting 11,000 employees (13% of it's staff). Gotta love the virtue signaling.

It probably has a lot to do with how irrelevant Facebook is. Instagram less so, but Facebook, is what most people ID with meta is absolutely irrelevant basically from my generation and below.

It probably has a lot to do with how irrelevant Facebook is. Instagram less so, but Facebook, is what most people ID with meta is absolutely irrelevant basically from my generation and below.
I hear what you're saying and agree re: Facebook quickly going the way of the dinosaur, but I don't think that's the reason they're getting a pass.

Back