Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

It probably has a lot to do with how irrelevant Facebook is. Instagram less so, but Facebook, is what most people ID with meta is absolutely irrelevant basically from my generation and below.
Eh, I didn't know you were 18 and a risqué tiktoker. 😘

But seriously, this comes from Zuck blowing 20 BILLION! On the Metaverse.

ETA: lolz

Last edited:
There's kind of a ground swell movement for gamers to move from Twitter to Hive. Fine. Cool. Whatever.

Hive has a staff of 2.

Clownshoes.
I never pegged gamers for being pussies?
costume belly GIF by South Park

What? What are you going on about?
The whole idea of "just create a competitor" doesn't really work. Twitter and Facebook are just that big. And trying to leave one for Truth Social, or gab or [insert other] is just dumb.

The point I tried to make for so long is thay due to its sheer size it was a de facto public square. And needed to be treated as such. And people on this board told me naw, it's a private company so it can do what it wants. Well the same type of people now think they'll just leave twitter...to what exactly? CBS found out in about an hour that idea made no sense and went back to tweeting.

The whole idea of "just create a competitor" doesn't really work. Twitter and Facebook are just that big. And trying to leave one for Truth Social, or gab or [insert other] is just dumb.

The point I tried to make for so long is thay due to its sheer size it was a de facto public square. And needed to be treated as such. And people on this board told me naw, it's a private company so it can do what it wants. Well the same type of people now think they'll just leave twitter...to what exactly? CBS found out in about an hour that idea made no sense and went back to tweeting.

This makes sense and I agree. That..whargarbl post before this one however...

Anyway, Yeah, I noticed gamers talking about Hive yesterday. Whatever. This morning I saw more and more talking (on Twitter!) about the new accounts. By the late afternoon posts were "I'm still on Hive and like it a lot, but Twitter's my main thing until it is shut down." Twitter isn't going anywhere and once again people trying to be trendy and think emotionally look like idiots.

Give it a few days and something else will come along...and be forgotten within the week as people move back to Twitter. Watching children pretend to be adults is entertaining.

I was never interested in being on Twitter myself untill now.

As annoyed as I've always been with social media, and despite the declining interest lately, the current forms are around to stay for a long while.

The true death of twitter will be when all the 40-70 year olds show up and ruin it like they did Facebook and are doing to Instagram. It took way longer with Instagram but it is happening. Moms on social media ruin it for everyone.

If you’re on ticktock you’re an idiot who has the CCP in your home, if you’re on Telegram you’re an idiot with Russia in your home.
All the meta’s etc… well you have zuckerbitch etc… dictating a lot of your life, sadly I’m not immune, not yet anyway.

Someone on FB from the beginning is near or past 40. Just saying.
Yeah I was thinking, bookface, MySpace, YouTube, are all getting pretty damn close to being around 20 years now. I think I've been on FB since 2006...so 17 years, and I was a very late bloomer to social media. I didn't learn how to text until 08-09...

I haven't started an account yet but I will soon. I hope the woke companies refusing to advertise on Twitter will be replaced with smaller local businesses or some other form of ad revenue.

They started running it into the ground when Elon was talking about buying it...

Back