Elon Musk Bought 9.2% of Twiter

The Twitter meltdown just gets more and more chaotic.

Can Musk destroy the back end of the company before Thanksgiving?

Elon Musk to Staff: Be Part of New ‘Hardcore’ Twitter or Leave

Wait, you mean conservatives in Twitter won't have to hide and they'll be able to speak freely without fear of reprisal? Welcome to the world Pre-Obama!

Also, he's giving them three month severance and they're choosing to leave? The tech world be wild, my current job is at will.

Wait, you mean conservatives in Twitter won't have to hide and they'll be able to speak freely without fear of reprisal? Welcome to the world Pre-Obama!

Also, he's giving them three month severance and they're choosing to leave? The tech world be wild, my current job is at will.
I shared less because of politics and more because of his dumb idea of what working conditions should be, but I'm sure there's plenty of overlap within the Twitter staff.

The crazy thing to me is to tell them "I expect you to basically work under these crazy parameters I'm setting, or you can take 25% of your yearly salary and find a new job".

Politics aside, if you're skilled at your job and a new boss comes in with that offer, would you stay or go find something else?

Politics aside, if you're skilled at your job and a new boss comes in with that offer, would you stay or go find something else?

I'd offer that me working more hours has more value than me working normal hours and that compensation should be adjusted to reflect the new reality. Expect 25% more hours, offer at least 25% more pay and then I'll decide. If they didn't offer me a reasonable raise I'd be gone. If they did, then I would have to decide whether the money was worth the loss of non-working/personal time.

What I would NOT do under any circumstances is to let them change the character of our employment agreement unilaterally. If you're truly skilled at your job you have leverage...

Side note: the standard severance is usually measured in weeks/year served. giving 3 months (or the previous 4 months + a week for each year) are incredibly generous.

I shared less because of politics and more because of his dumb idea of what working conditions should be, but I'm sure there's plenty of overlap within the Twitter staff.

The crazy thing to me is to tell them "I expect you to basically work under these crazy parameters I'm setting, or you can take 25% of your yearly salary and find a new job".

I work in sports man, I'm overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated by most people I work with, hell most of the people in my office don't even like the sport we work in (I love it and love the mission we have). Pre-season last year I worked 100 hours/Week for 7 weeks straight. Through the Christmas Holiday btw.

I work in sports man, I'm overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated by most people I work with, hell most of the people in my office don't even like the sport we work in (I love it and love the mission we have). Pre-season last year I worked 100 hours/Week for 7 weeks straight. Through the Christmas Holiday btw.

Loving your job is a big factor in being willing to work all those hours for that pay though, right?

I think that's a seperate factor when it comes to the conditions and pay someone is willing to accept.

The amount of people melting about twitter, on twitter, shows that this company will be fine.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

I was more disappointed when the ShadowSpear site shit the bed for a year than I am over Twitter’s seemingly imminent collapse.

Hell, I get more of my news source from this site then I do most places on the Internet anyway.

I’ve believed for years that Twitter was the shining example of what is wrong with America today; cancel culture, Pitchfork Nation, Karen…all a product of Twitter.

Last edited:
This is what everyone has been saying for years, and not everyone is sad about it. I love it.

Twitter needed gutted. Twitter is getting gutted. If you're young and conservative and want to work hard- put your application in at Twitter, bet you excel and can help right the ship.
I'm not young but I meet the other requirements... I'm seriously considering sending in an application at some point down the road. The only reason I'm not doing it right now is I don't want to move again so soon.

I'm not young but I meet the other requirements... I'm seriously considering sending in an application at some point down the road. The only reason I'm not doing it right now is I don't want to move again so soon.
FWIW start the conversation now. It might not be the right time from your perspective of the situation, but, you would be surprised with how lenient management teams are when they find really quality people. My read on a lot of the tones on TWTR as they are putting bumpers back on the bowling lanes for the majority of the workers and those really high quality ones will still operate in the environment that keeps them productive be it in the office or remote.

There is a space opening up- you can tell by the mainsteam media's all out onslaught on everything Twitter. That's the easiest test- is something being "fact checked"? Is something being reported on non-stop?

Whatever that thing is, is most likely a threat to the left leaning ideology of the media and established state actors.

There is a space opening up- you can tell by the mainsteam media's all out onslaught on everything Twitter. That's the easiest test- is something being "fact checked"? Is something being reported on non-stop?

Whatever that thing is, is most likely a threat to the left leaning ideology of the media and established state actors.
Well now I'm doubly-interested. ;)

I'd offer that me working more hours has more value than me working normal hours and that compensation should be adjusted to reflect the new reality. Expect 25% more hours, offer at least 25% more pay and then I'll decide. If they didn't offer me a reasonable raise I'd be gone. If they did, then I would have to decide whether the money was worth the loss of non-working/personal time.

What I would NOT do under any circumstances is to let them change the character of our employment agreement unilaterally. If you're truly skilled at your job you have leverage...

Side note: the standard severance is usually measured in weeks/year served. giving 3 months (or the previous 4 months + a week for each year) are incredibly generous.
Are the jobs available? Lots of big tech layoffs, add the cuts announced by Amazon and the IT market could be tight for a bit.
I was more disappointed when the ShadowSpear site shit the bed for a year than I am over Twitter’s seemingly imminent collapse.

Hell, I get more of my news source from this site then I do most places on the Internet anyway.

I’ve believed for years that Twitter was the shining example of what is wrong with America today; cancel culture, Pitchfork Nation, Karen…all a product of Twitter.
Yet when someone tries to fix it you cheer for them to fail?

Back