Fairbairn-Sykes sentry take-out technique

Christopher Lee was full of shit about that kind of thing during the war. He implied a lot and never corrected anybody.

Who dares lies | The Spectator
That was a well-written article. Unfortunate that anyone would make the decision to lie about service, especially when their service was completely honorable. I can almost understand when some 300 lb, living in his mom's basement, LARP-playing, airsoft-gear-wearing, wannabee lies about serving. But I don't understand why someone with actual service feels the need to embellish what they did.

That was a well-written article. Unfortunate that anyone would make the decision to lie about service, especially when their service was completely honorable. I can almost understand when some 300 lb, living in his mom's basement, LARP-playing, airsoft-gear-wearing, wannabee lies about serving. But I don't understand why someone with actual service feels the need to embellish what they did.

On the Aussie poser site there's one who was in SASR but posed about some of the internal things he'd done. Work that one out!

On the Aussie poser site there's one who was in SASR but posed about some of the internal things he'd done. Work that one out!
That really sounds like some kind of metal disorder. Like hoarding. I mean there's having lots of stuff, then there's putting your stuff before your family.

I can't imagine what anyone in a unit like the SAS Regiment would have to lie about. :(

He probably was bragging to people that he was an RTO so they would think he was super cool... 8-)

Christopher Lee was full of shit about that kind of thing during the war. He implied a lot and never corrected anybody.

Who dares lies | The Spectator
Damn, that sucks to read.

Were there ever allegations of his lying ever leveled against him while he was alive? I hope people didn't just start going after him once he died and couldn't defend himself. It's not like his claims of service in British Special Forces are just now coming to light.

I agree with the sentiments above though. Honorable service in any position is something to be proud of.

Damn, that sucks to read.

Were there ever allegations of his lying ever leveled against him while he was alive? I hope people didn't just start going after him once he died and couldn't defend himself. It's not like his claims of service in British Special Forces are just now coming to light.

I agree with the sentiments above though. Honorable service in any position is something to be proud of.

Now this is all reaching back into the depths of my brain and frankly I don't want to be there any more than you would. I *think* I read a few years ago that there were murmurs about it but there wasn't much that could be done and he had a few people jumping to his defence. That might be an inaccurate recollection, though. I'd have to look it up again.

I'm not sure how it is in the US but I'm reasonably sure in the UK they can only release a military file with the permission of that person or after they die, when it becomes a public document. That would explain why a lot of the discussion is after his death.

Back