Fuerzas Comando

I don't know if someone has seen that there's some latin americans(naturalized americans) Green Berets, so I post an interesting story:

20120109%20-%20Photo%20-%20Fensom%20Mendoza%20Bolivia_TN.jpg

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Jan. 11, 2012) – In 1997, eight Special Forces Soldiers traveled to Bolivia to train and advise a battalion of Bolivian Army rangers. Beyond running the battalion’s light infantry certification training, the Special Forces team used their downtime to refine their own techniques and tactical proficiency; and they allowed a motivated 20-year-old Bolivian Army corporal to participate in their team training sessions.
For then-Sgt. 1st Class. Patrick Fensom and his teammates on Operational Detachment-Alpha 716, part of the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), this training was routine. A few hours of internal team training events during a six-week Joint Combined Exchange Training deployment was usual, and if one or two host-nation soldiers wanted to come along and see how American forces did business, they were welcome.
For then-Bolivian Army Corporal Rod Mendoza, however, this experience came to define the next 14 years of his life...

Complete--> http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2012/Jan/120111-01.html

Given that a lot of our membership is comprised of Special Forces Soldiers, or those that have interacted with them, I don't think the fact that some SF Soldiers are naturalized citizens from many different countries will surprise many people.

Given that a lot of our membership is comprised of Special Forces Soldiers, or those that have interacted with them, I don't think the fact that some SF Soldiers are naturalized citizens from many different countries will surprise many people.

You're right. Just remember Lauri Törni and his 'friends' :p.

I'll be in Peru doing training this summer. Can't be too specific on dates right now for obvious reasons. Maybe I'll see you down there.

I don't know if someone has seen that there's some latin americans(naturalized americans) Green Berets, so I post an interesting story:

20120109%20-%20Photo%20-%20Fensom%20Mendoza%20Bolivia_TN.jpg

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Jan. 11, 2012) – In 1997, eight Special Forces Soldiers traveled to Bolivia to train and advise a battalion of Bolivian Army rangers. Beyond running the battalion’s light infantry certification training, the Special Forces team used their downtime to refine their own techniques and tactical proficiency; and they allowed a motivated 20-year-old Bolivian Army corporal to participate in their team training sessions.
For then-Sgt. 1st Class. Patrick Fensom and his teammates on Operational Detachment-Alpha 716, part of the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), this training was routine. A few hours of internal team training events during a six-week Joint Combined Exchange Training deployment was usual, and if one or two host-nation soldiers wanted to come along and see how American forces did business, they were welcome.
For then-Bolivian Army Corporal Rod Mendoza, however, this experience came to define the next 14 years of his life...

Complete--> http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2012/Jan/120111-01.html
Getting nothing but a "this link cannot be opened." Any chance of another link?

Oh hey, is Nicaragua going to participate this year? I'm just askin'....
From Defense.gov:
Fuerzas Comando 2014; One Champion, All Winners
By Army Staff Sgt. Angel Martinez
113th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment

FORT TOLEMAIDA, Colombia, Aug. 2, 2014 – After a week of intense heat and extreme competition, Fuerzas Comando, the annual U.S. Southern Command-sponsored special operations skills competition, came to an end July 31 with a closing ceremony at Fort Tolemaida, Colombia.

Seventeen nations competed to earn the title of best special operations forces team in the Western Hemisphere.

For the sixth time in 10 years, the team from the Republic of Colombia hoisted the coveted Fuerzas Comando cup. The U.S. team, comprised of members assigned to the 7th Special Forces Group, placed second and El Salvador was third.

Honduras, Panama, Jamaica, Peru, Uruguay, Canada and Costa Rica filled out the remaining top 10. Other countries that participated were Paraguay, Chile, Belize, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, Dominican Republic and Suriname.

You may read the rest here...

Back