Good plate carrier

Condor is not a particularly good brand, what did you expect for $37 though?

Yes, over a year old.... I have quite a bit of Condor kit... beat the hell out of it and had no issues. Of course I have gotten everything in the last year, so perhaps they have improved the quality. I also have a plate carrier by http://aresarmor.com/ I have a day pack and a plate carrier from them and a sling. All very good, but their order time sucks.

Take this as you will.

LBTs quality control is pretty marginal. Things I would soul rape my machinists for show up on all the items I have had from them including the 6094 I have in my shed right now.
However on the bright side it's not just LBT. I have seen Asian clone shops sew better than a lot of the high end brands which is BS considering the price point and the whole buy USA quality, if you just shelled out 3 days pay for a carrier it had better be flawless and that means not running an edge stitch off the fabric and bagging things out properly.

Crye is cool as hell but they do some weird shit which isn't always that awesome. Case in point being the JPC, the skeletonized cummerbund is really slick but feeding it through vertical loops and securing it at the back with shockcord is pretty ghetto but it was done as "wow this is different" feature. It does not save enough weight compared affixing a 6" x 9" panel of 500d as a channel for the cummerbund to sleeve through to justify itself. The weight of the shockcord they used is more than the panel of 500d and I know this because I weighed it to see. I've had to reinforce the shoulder straps and make a sleeve with a helium whisper backer for 6-7 JPCs now. I forget exactly as most days I have dedicated to tweaks and repairs are a blur of Multicam, Ranger Green and swearing.

I can't fault the Gen 2 Cage they make but I would not pay over 1k for a plate carrier that I may have to leave in some shit hole country some day.

Eagle's quality control is exemplary as is Tyr Tacticals and First Spears is probably almost as good as the former. Those are two of the companies I try to measure my gear against.

The only problem with Eagle is that they (ATK Industries) makes its living of massive Govt contracts so they aren't churning out massive amounts for the unwashed masses. The new carrier they are producing for SOCOM looks sexual but I don't know where the hell you could buy one. The Assaulters Plate Carrier they made a while back is a really nice design. Their old designs are still relevant but compared to what's around now are heavy and don't have the same features or comfort level.

Avoid the fuck out of Condor and Pantac, their gear is made by people who take no pride in their work, they cut every corner they can to include using clothing thread to join panels which are then bound and setting their hot cutter to the quickest speed at the cost of not sealing the end of the cut webbing properly. This results in your MOLLE webbing (it's called PALS but you specimens always call it MOLLE and make the baby Jesus cry) which is terminated inside some abortion of an attempt at Mil-T-5038 tape pulling out looking like a paint brush. If you really have to buy something cheap get Flyye. Their QC is better in some cases than a lot of the cool guy brands.

Eagle's quality control is exemplary as is Tyr Tacticals and First Spears is probably almost as good as the former. Those are two of the companies I try to measure my gear against..

I'm glad you said that, or I would've cried considering I have an order with them right now lol

I'm glad you said that, or I would've cried considering I have an order with them right now lol
You will have NO PROBLEM with Tyr. Most of my work kit is made by Tyr. Hands down some of the best gear I've used... @Arrow 4 on here has been great at helping guys order their stuff as well. He's definitely taken care of the guys I work with.

Last edited:
You will have NO PROBLEM with Tyr. Most of my work kit is made by Tyr. Hands down some of the best gear I've used... @Arrow 4 on here has been great at helping guys order their stuff as well. He's definitely taken care of the guys I work with.

@Arrow 4 is exactly the man who I ordered from! 8-)

He and his company, ETS has been great to me, I have no hesitation in endorsing him.

While I love the LBT I had before (gave it to a guy in my old section) I was thinking of going with the SKD Pig insteasd of the issue eagle eqpt. I wonder if anyone has tried that one and can talk about their merits or issues.
Thanks

I'm running a LBT right now, it's ok. It has lots of space on it but I find it very bulky. A lot of guys are rocking either a TYR or Crye JPC and they say they prefer those over the LBT.

Back