Got the jobb!

I’m pretty sure my flying career is over but fingers crossed. According to my Flight Doc I can’t fly in high performance aircraft which a 60 is not. If I can’t fly it will be a retrain for med retire I’m assuming.

That is true about high-perf AC. We had a F-15E pilot form Seymour-Johnson AFB with the cervical stenosis. They took him of flying status, he took medical retirement. But if I recall he could have stayed in the AF, just not a flying billet.

I hope you can keep your day job. It sucks to be kicked out when you love your job.

I’m pretty sure my flying career is over but fingers crossed
I fucking hate this for you. Hate. It.

Yours is a story I remember following when you first came to the board as a reservist.
You also hold the honor of being the only member with an emoji in their screen name. As I recall, you requested to change your screen name and one of your choices was what you have now. I think you meant it to be sarcastic, but one of the Admins decided to go with it.

At the end of the day I got to be here. Surrounded by the best in the Air Force. I’m not throwing in the towel just yet but I have look at it like not many at my age get a chance to do this and I did.

Don't be writing your eulogy yet. You're on "B". You're a long way from "Z".

Is this service related, due to the wear of a -56P with NVGs and associated batteries and counter-weights, while hanging out the window in the slip stream while searching for targets, pulling Gs?

If it isn’t, I’m pretty sure it is. 😉

Maybe. Stenosis is usually a congenital issue that's exposed by what we do to our bodies, not caused by what we do to our bodies. If it is, indeed, stenosis.

ACDF 4-7. Waiting on the flight surgeon to see if I can still fly…
I am fused from C3-7 Bro. If you have any questions about it, or post-op recovery. Reach out to me.
They did C5-7 first. Then had to come back. To get 3-4. Which they should have done to begin with. However, I understand the considerations. Of why they did it like they did. image.jpg

I am fused from C3-7 Bro. If you have any questions in post-op recovery. Reach out to me.
They did C5-7 first. Then had to come back. To get 3-4. Which they should have done to begin with. However, I understand the considerations. Of why they did it like they did. View attachment 39652
Doc is not wanting to do 3-4 right now as it isn’t too bad. May have to circle round in ten years or so.

Doc is not wanting to do 3-4 right now as it isn’t too bad. May have to circle round in ten years or so.
I had to have it done within the first 5 years. Lost too much function due to the impingements.
It is ironic…you are a CSAR pilot. I was a CSAR flight medic at Ft. Detrick Md. Assigned to the Vicker’s Isolation Team. Was involved in a rotary wing collision in southern Sudan. While on a personnel recovery out of the USAMRIID Nairobi Laboratory. Broke a whole bunch of stuff. Scattered my noggin’ real bad. Broke my back, left femur, neck, left hand, etc.
God has blessed me though. As I am still alive through much adversity.
Thanks in no small part. To associations made since being vetted into ShadowSpear.

As an aside.
My former SMU “Ad Hoc” Army Medical Unit. Was decommed in 2010. The mission re-assigned to USAF CCATS in 2010. Still no BSL-4 containment and transport capability though. We were the only ones to ever do that.

How’s your neck mobility?
Actually very hyper-mobile to be honest. Few times I wondered if maybe I had broken or dislodged something.

I can still bring my chin over the top of each shoulder. I did therapy at home. So my doctors are kinda amazed at how well I can move it. I still have some pain. Where the VA surgeon clipped my occipital nerve though. That will soon be addressed at WashU. With nerve blocks.

Actually very hyper-mobile to be honest. Few times I wondered if maybe I had broken or dislodged something.

I can still bring my chin over the top of each shoulder. I did therapy at home. So my doctors are kinda amazed at how well I can move it. I still have some pain. Where the VA surgeon clipped my occipital nerve though. That will soon be addressed at WashU. With nerve blocks.
That’s encouraging. I made the mistake of looking a videos on YouTube of the surgery and it puckered my ass.

As long as I can fly they can take a nut. 😎

That’s encouraging. I made the mistake of looking a videos on YouTube of the surgery and it puckered my ass.

Ass is already puckered… you probably want to reacquaint yourself with it🤣🤣🤣

One testicle for a chance to do what you do. Shit they can take one of mine. As well as borrow the other one on a lease basis🤣🤣🤣

Before I had my brain surgeries. I too watched youtube videos. Biggest mistake I made pre-op!

Yeah… I learned😉

Figured I’d do a quick update. Surgery is scheduled for 2 August. 4 to 6 weeks convalescent leave. After that 4 months of observation (whatever that means) and then wait for the waiver.

You’ve accomplished a great deal these past few years and trained hard to get where you are. Glad to hear it’s waiverable. You’ll be hanging out the door of that 60 again, having fun…show those punks you got sand

Back