Got the jobb!

Serious question, is “not” running out of gas part of the assessment?
Lol, no. We didn’t have the power to get over a mountain so we had to go around it which took about an hour and the LZ changed last minute. Our bingo was 1800 pounds so we had to go. My bro and I were the second iteration, sucks to suck. He got in a live fast rope and I got a rope ladder. In order for us to get certified we need a hoist, fast rope, rappel and rope ladder.

As an LT I remember a Black Hawk landing on the open field near the Burger King and a crew member waking in the restaurant’s direction... I just assumed he was getting it to go. ;)
I know plenty of pilots and that's definitely some shit I see them doing. When I was with SOJTF I met a pilot flying CSAR that I can totally picture doing just that.

We didn’t actually run out of Jet A and flame out the engines, lol. We hit our min fuel (bingo) to make it home.

I have heard stories from the old Vietnam era Huey pilot instructors when I went through Rucker about some crazy landings. These are guys that stopped counting flight hours at 50k...

As an LT I remember a Black Hawk landing on the open field near the Burger King and a crew member waking in the restaurant’s direction... I just assumed he was getting it to go. ;)
I've seen an Apache pilot land to take a shit on our FOB in Iraq. Word must have gotten around that we had the cleanest portashitters in Iraq.

Looks like you got a little cervical schmutz (that is a highly technical medical term, you probably won't understand it). Decompression and a cage/fusion in your future?

I googled it and ended up with medical journals on end, so, yes it highly technical indeed.

Care to elaborate at all? Maybe explain a bit as to what that term means Even? Even independent of the poster.

I googled it and ended up with medical journals on end, so, yes it highly technical indeed.

Care to elaborate at all? Maybe explain a bit as to what that term means Even? Even independent of the poster.

A Jewish radiologist taught me that. He said in Hebrew 'schmutz' means many different things, none of it good lol.

It looks like around cervical vertebrae 4/5/6 (C4, C5, C6) there's some sort of insult near or to the canal (which holds the spinal cord). I am not a radiologist so I can't read them in detail; for me it's simply OK/not OK, and that's not OK. If I had to do a 0645 Monday morning SWAG, maybe cervical stenosis (narrowing in the canal)? That's my guess. Pain and/or tingling, maybe some upper extremity weakness. Steroids can reduce the inflammation but won't fix the problem. To fix it you need to put a 'cage' on to fuse the vertebrae so the canal remains open, now they do an ACDF (anterior cervical disc fusion).

IF that is indeed the fix for @Downtown “Funky Stuff” Malone🍆 , it's really a pretty simple op and usually gets good results.

If it's not that, it could be a handful of other not-good things. But that's where my money is. Now. At 0656 Monday.

Meet with the surgeon on 15 June to discuss options.

Good luck.

I worked with neuroradiologists/neurosurgeons in my last job. I still have some on speed dial. If you have any questions, I am happy to reach out. I will say I have seen far worse MRs with awesome outcomes.

The bigger question is, how will this affect the military job?

Good luck.

I worked with neuroradiologists/neurosurgeons in my last job. I still have some on speed dial. If you have any questions, I am happy to reach out. I will say I have seen far worse MRs with awesome outcomes.

The bigger question is, how will this affect the military job?
I’m pretty sure my flying career is over but fingers crossed. According to my Flight Doc I can’t fly in high performance aircraft which a 60 is not. If I can’t fly it will be a retrain for med retire I’m assuming.

Back