Have I Been Pwned: Routinely Change Your Passwords

ShadowSpear

ShadowSpear.com
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
14 random characters to include a mix of special characters, capitals, etc works (for awhile) for a reason. The goal is to make (hope) they move on to easier targets...like @Ooh-Rah

:p

Well shit...

DropBox, Comcast, and LinkedIn all get a FAIL.

I like that it gives month/date as well.

Thanks for posting...

14 random characters to include a mix of special characters, capitals, etc works (for awhile) for a reason. The goal is to make (hope) they move on to easier targets...like @Ooh-Rah

:p

Well shit...

DropBox, Comcast, and LinkedIn all get a FAIL.

I like that it gives month/date as well.

Thanks for posting...
Looks like they already moved on :P
I actually one pwn and my password has been changed :thumbsup:

Someone got my old Wildstar account. Happy hunting to that poor sap!

Awesome link, thanks for posting!

so that site is full of crap. According to it, I was pwned on three services, none of which I've ever used.

I thought The same til I did a bit of research; found a number of sites (including the two below) that make me think the tool is legit.

To add - is it possible that the services you do not recognize are sites where someone else used your email address?

Have I Been Pwned? - Wikipedia

The Rise of ‘Have I Been Pwned?’, an Invaluable Resource in the Hacking Age

The flip side (and downside) of the coin is password safes & encryption. I had info stored on Truecrypt until they decided to call it a day & lost the info. The password safe was fine until I broke the phone. As good as these tools are, it pays to back up more than once. Passphrases instead of passwords are always a better option too and easier to remember.

Back