The ACA/ Obamacare Website Fiasco Thread

Ouch! This Admin violating law?

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) administers the 3-year transitional reinsurance program established under section 1341 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The program, which is financed by statutorily required contributions from participating health insurance issuers and group health plans, makes payments to eligible issuers, to stabilize health insurance premiums and encourage issuer participation in the health insurance markets. Section 1341 designates a specified amount of collections from issuers for reinsurance payments and also directs the deposit of a specified amount of collections in the general fund of the United States Treasury (Treasury). HHS asserts that when collections fall short of the amounts specified in statute the agency has authority to allocate all collections for reinsurance payments, making deposits in the Treasury only if collections reach the amounts specified for reinsurance payments in section 1341. HHS lacks authority to ignore the statute's directive to deposit amounts from collections under the transitional reinsurance program in the Treasury and is required to collect and deposit amounts for the Treasury, regardless of whether its collections fall short of the amounts specified in statute for reinsurance payments. HHS may not use amounts collected for the Treasury to make reinsurance payments.

Department of Health and Human Services: Transitional Reinsurance Program

Ouch! This Admin violating law?

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) administers the 3-year transitional reinsurance program established under section 1341 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The program, which is financed by statutorily required contributions from participating health insurance issuers and group health plans, makes payments to eligible issuers, to stabilize health insurance premiums and encourage issuer participation in the health insurance markets. Section 1341 designates a specified amount of collections from issuers for reinsurance payments and also directs the deposit of a specified amount of collections in the general fund of the United States Treasury (Treasury). HHS asserts that when collections fall short of the amounts specified in statute the agency has authority to allocate all collections for reinsurance payments, making deposits in the Treasury only if collections reach the amounts specified for reinsurance payments in section 1341. HHS lacks authority to ignore the statute's directive to deposit amounts from collections under the transitional reinsurance program in the Treasury and is required to collect and deposit amounts for the Treasury, regardless of whether its collections fall short of the amounts specified in statute for reinsurance payments. HHS may not use amounts collected for the Treasury to make reinsurance payments.

Department of Health and Human Services: Transitional Reinsurance Program
Ingles, por favor? :D

Ingles, por favor? :D

Treasury was waiting until a specific amount of money would be generated before collecting payment but since the amounts were too low, they weren't collecting ANYTHING so the USG was, in effect, bailing out ACA without authorization despite being warned.

Report Says Obama Administration Failed To Follow Health Law

In addition to shady shit, "wait, there's more!"

Obama administration may use obscure fund to pay billions to ACA insurers

This administration's contempt for Congress is disgusting.

Last edited:
MN Governor wants to use state surplus to subsidize "affordable" health care

I quit. I just quit.

Dayton Regrets Use Of 'No Longer Affordable' Health Care Remark

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — Gov. Mark Dayton said he regrets that his statement made last week about the Affordable Care Act being “no longer affordable to increasing numbers of people” is being used against Democratic candidates in the 2016 election cycle.

On Friday morning, Dayton said he wants to see the $313 million earmarked for the state’s “rainy day fund” next year to be applied to assisting Minnesotans with their health plan rate hikes.

I quit. I just quit.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — Gov. Mark Dayton said he regrets that his statement made last week about the Affordable Care Act being “no longer affordable to increasing numbers of people” is being used against Democratic candidates in the 2016 election cycle.

On Friday morning, Dayton said he wants to see the $313 million earmarked for the state’s “rainy day fund” next year to be applied to assisting Minnesotans with their health plan rate hikes.

Who pays into the MN rainy day fund?

NC now only has 1 ACA health care insurer left - BCBS and that's it.

My guess is Nancy now knows what's "In it." Then again....squirrel!! :rolleyes:

Barrack has finally admitted that his health care plan is more like a "starter home": Obama likens Obamacare to a starter home.

To me, it's more like a double wide, with half of it missing.

HHS estimates rates to increase an average of 25% next year.

Benchmark Obamacare premiums jump 25 percent next year, HHS says

I quit. I just quit.

I am no longer taking insurance at all because of the expensive, shitty-coverage-ridden, treatment-dictating fiasco it has now become.

Patients get a receipt that they may submit to their insurance company for direct reimbursement. It is extremely rare that the patients are not reimbursed because the companies don't want to piss off their customers.

ETA: This has the added benefit of reducing my staff/ administrative load/ overhead, so patients pay less out of pocket for services. If they want to just pay cash, in most cases it isn't much more than what they'll be co-paying on their terrible insurance anyway.

Last edited:
Back