Higher Education: Your Experiences, Your Questions

Also, I kind of scanned over the pages previous to this and I saw some post about cost of books. 1st, in my opinion, this is why the Post 9/11 is better to use because you get a $1,000 book stipend in addition the VA takes care of everything so you rarely need to worry about anything financial related.

2nd, if you choose to go another route with paying for school and books, save those reciepts because during tax season you can get a return on whatever you paid for books. Mileage also. So if your are driving 20 miles to school daily, you can get a percentage of that gas milege returned.

I rarely buy books from my school because Amazon has worked better for me, and I usually resale them back to Amazon for a gift card or credit.

Don't forget about the Pell Grant if you need additional funds.

Another thing, when comes to Professors, I can not go into words how ratemyprofessor.com has helped me stay away from the crappy ones.

I just got 4.0's in my first two semesters of college. Best grades I have ever gotten. Anybody who has been through a difficult school in the military will run circles around the average student.

You should have had 4.2's .... lazy bastige... What? you didn't put in the effort for the extra credit assignments? Too busy drinking beer? Friggin 18D's... skating and taking it easy... bet you didn't even have to carry a ruck or anything.

:rolleyes::wall::ROFLMAO::sneaky::-"

You should have had 4.2's .... lazy bastige... What? you didn't put in the effort for the extra credit assignments? Too busy drinking beer? Friggin 18D's... skating and taking it easy... bet you didn't even have to carry a ruck or anything.

:rolleyes::wall::ROFLMAO::sneaky::-"

Best I can get is a 4.0, I had over 100% in two classes.

Best I can get is a 4.0, I had over 100% in two classes.

I bet you forgot a patient assessment or two... that's the problem... :p Nice job... for a skeezy low life 18D with a beard and a dog... you hippy.:ROFLMAO: I expected you to have finished your degree in 2 semesters, that's about the speed of the SF Medical course.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articl...Gen-James-Mattis-joins-Ivy-League-institution

The warrior monk is climbing into an ivory tower.

Retired Gen. James Mattis, who recently stepped down as commander of U.S. Central Command, is slated to join Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., this fall as a distinguished visitor, college officials announced Tuesday. Mattis will serve as a senior foreign affairs fellow at the school’s John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding.

“I am delighted that Gen. Mattis is joining us this fall,” said Daniel Benjamin, director of the center. “I worked closely with Jim Mattis while I was in government and I know him to be one of the deepest military thinkers and strongest leaders of his generation.”

Dartmouth? Seriously? I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't a Duffleblog article.

I've decided to quite mucking about and use my tuition assistance for a Master's Degree. I'm still striving to obtain a graduate degree through an ILE program but that is at least two years awayy

If you don't mind me asking what does the ILE stand for? Sorry if it is a stupid question just wondering what that is in comparison to your links that you provided.

If you don't mind me asking what does the ILE stand for? Sorry if it is a stupid question just wondering what that is in comparison to your links that you provided.
Use the fucking Google. If you were sorry about it being a stupid question, you would have taken 18 seconds to look it up yourself vice asking the question.

Use the fucking Google. If you were sorry about it being a stupid question, you would have taken 18 seconds to look it up yourself vice asking the question.
Integrated Language Environment...

Right after I posted that that was the first placed I looked, thank you for the advice though. Just wanted to make sure it was the same.

ILE is a common acronym in the Army, but Googling it casts a pretty wide net unless you really neck down the search parameters. If you search for ILE here on the site, you get a "too common" error.

ILE in this context means intermediate level education, which is the standard, mid-career course all Army officers are expected to attend. Many if not most consider it a waste of time.

You aren't going to find ILE on Google without combining it with "Army," "military," or "education." ILE by it's lonesome, "school" and "program" point you in the wrong direction.

I'm all for using Google and hammering people who don't search first, but certain acronyms require a bit of sleuthing or persistence. The less info you have to work with the harder the search.

I googled "ILE college" and came up with Intermediate Level Education.
I'm finished with my de-railing. Apologies all.

I will finish my online degree in Nov.

My experince: It sucks. It will be a degree and look cool on paper. If you can go to a B/M school do so and sit in a classroom, join clubs and get the whole "college experience". I did learn one or two things along the way.

With getting a degree I am looking to move states and/or switch career fields in addition to getting a level up on my competition when applying to jobs.

You aren't going to find ILE on Google without combining it with "Army," "military," or "education." ILE by it's lonesome, "school" and "program" point you in the wrong direction.

I'm all for using Google and hammering people who don't search first, but certain acronyms require a bit of sleuthing or persistence. The less info you have to work with the harder the search.

That's why you search with Bing!

I finished my degree last year and still have enough left in the fund for a Master's degree. That coupled with othere forms of continued training and certifications make me fairly valuable in my field. Too many folks in the mil and civie world stagnate and wonder why they can't promote, can't get a certain job, or why their lives suck in general in regards to work. If you don't train and educate yourself, you really limit what and where you can go.

I am in the process of applying.. nearly there. Have to submit a tax clearance cert :rolleyes: with a letter from my Unit stating I've been in full time employment for the past three years...

Then its a waiting game.

Back