Hockey Thread (NHL)

Fuck me, who hired the singer to do the anthem in Tampa? She's not a bad singer but she's not doing the anthem much justice- not too many can sign it well IMO.

Nah that's all bollocks. The success is down to getting (rightly) all the advantage the NHL can give them.

Monday in Vegas is going to be nuts.

That being said, I am so pumped to have a shot at being part of that madness. They drew names at work at the beginning of the playoffs to see who would have a chance at buying the season tickets we have. They picked two people for each possible game and four names as alternates for each round.

The people in the first two slots of the first round were the only ones who knew they had tickets. And as it turned out, they could not go on their given nights. They ran through all four alternates in the first round with only those two home games. We swept the series so it never came back to Vegas meaning those chosen for games 5 and 7 did not get to go.

So lil' old me was picked as second alternate for the Stanley Cup round. I'm considering taking out a contract on the poor bastard who got first alternate. }:-) Lordy I hope no one can go to the Monday night game. I will be back in town by then. :D8-):thumbsup:

What a win. Didn't get called to go but that worked out as well. I caught some sort of crud on the plane. Watched the gamed from home with a blankie and a hot toddy.

Just now I learned that the US Army has a herald trumpet team, and it's pretty cool.

Also these two military guys doing the anthem are fucking good.

VGK came out looking timid last night for the first time all playoffs. Not sure how demoralizing those two bad bounce goals were coupled with some bad rubs of the post but it is real rough to see guys trying to sell plays for penalties that much. Reaves grabbing the stick behind the net and then trying to sell a high stick was one of those moments in a game when you know things are a little desperate early on. VGK is a great 5v5 team, they don't need to be playing that game.

Kusnetsov is just having himself a go, the man is on absolute fire and I don't know what it will take to stop him, maybe Tom Wilson forgetting what team he is on and running him, but he is so fun to watch right now. The little moves he makes which don't decelerate his momentum and create a few feet of space reminds me of watching Datsyuk.

This is it! Go Knights Go!
704fe30f7c7f77d813d94b82e2a44c3e

ETA: Free Las Vegas Show at the beginning of every game!

Fucking Bettman, who does that cunt think he is? Colorado had the best ever inaugural season. God he's a cunt.

Great series though.

Back