Horsemen Training Program

I can't really say from experience as I haven't done a ton of different programs, but this was the definite winner for me. Just by reading through it and seeing how detailed it is you can tell it is a great program (plus the reviews). Once you actually start it, you'll realize how much you will love to hate it.
Did you just answer a question regarding long term results by saying you've never used the program, but it looks good on paper?
O_o:-/

Did you just answer a question regarding long term results by saying you've never used the program, but it looks good on paper?
O_o:-/

No, I said I haven't done a ton of different programs. I did my research in the beginning and came across the Horsemen program and decided to give it a try. I've been doing this on/off mixed with different workouts for a decent amount of time now. I actually use a lot of the workouts when myself and a few others PT the fat bodies in my unit.

Just my two cents, I've trained with Mikey Burnett's Lions Den for years. I've run the Tulsa Run (15KM) in 70 minutes officially (64 unofficial, it took 6 minutes to get to the start line after the gun). I'm was ranked #64 (30-39) in C2 rower in 2012 in the 2k with a time 6:32. I'm not Mr. ultra bad ass, but I'm reasonably fit for my age and I have had some exercise phys courses in college so I have a solid base of knowledge.

I've been doing the Horsemen program for a little over a month. I love it. It's reduced that yucky Crossfit feel some of us older fellows get. And I've gotten some positive strength results. I've increased my pullups as well as improved my SSST score. I'm no elite military guy, but this seems like a really good routine for someone that intends to keep a high level of fitness. My humble two coppers.

Not trying to revive an old thread or anything, but I was Googling the Four Horsemen program and I wound up here. Any chance I could get a copy of that please?

Not trying to revive an old thread or anything, but I was Googling the Four Horsemen program and I wound up here. Any chance I could get a copy of that please?
Site rules require an introduction post before posting elsewhere. Might want to get that knocked out sooner than later.

Cole,
At only 17, unless you have a significant background in oly lifting/crossfit/kettlebells/etc., this specific program is not for you. You will just end up injured because of the volume, weight and technical movements involved.

Agree with Lycurgus.
Check out 5/3/1 or Starting Strength. Either program will give you a solid foundation on which to build.

Cole, before getting too crazy with the weights whats your PT score? Are you crushing that before you get wrapped up in crushing steel.

Well I don't take an official PAST because of the job I've got so I just looked up the requirements and do all the events on my own.
Minimum Requirements- 10:47 mile and a half run, 40 push-ups in a minute, 48 sit-ups in a minute, 6 pull-ups, and ruck 3 miles in 45 minutes.
I can run my 1.5 miles in 9:40, do 70 push-ups in a minute, 14 pull-ups, and I always ruck for 4 miles but that takes about 55 minutes so I'm still faster than the necessary pace. Sit-ups on the other hand though, I have a little trouble with... I can normally max out like 50 in a minute if it's a good day.

How the shit are you doing 70 push ups in 60 seconds but can only do 50 sit ups in the same amount of time? I'm not saying I don't believe you, just seems backwards to me.
Focus on the PAST if/when that time comes. Focus on being a teenager right now.

Yeah... That's just mainly what I've been focusing on for the past few months. Before I enlisted I was expecting to go TACP so I just started doing push-ups every day. 300 was and still is my minimum daily quota. I know now that I definitely slacked off on the sit ups and I probably should've been doing a bunch of those every day too, and I should probably get on that. But thanks for the advice.

It would help to search before asking questions that have been answered already. There is a recent thread in this sub forum that addresses your sit-up question.
There are some other threads around here that would provide you some good guidance. Read...

I used this program for a couple of months with good overall results. I switched over to the MA ruck program recently because of a school that I'm attending. I improved on all of my 1R max and work capacity using Horsemen. It's a great all around fitness program. :2c:

Did this program last rotation. I actually got it from my CCT, so I thought it was an AF thing. Great program but I did't like having to pick which exercise to do from the book. I like it best when they just give them too you like sealfit and military athlete online do. But maybe because it was printed docs, dunno. Still definitely a good system. Just be sure you have the a operator focus crossfit gym or good prison gym because some of the workouts require unique items for slamming ropes, pushing sled, etc. Things you don't get at Gold's.

Did this program last rotation. I actually got it from my CCT, so I thought it was an AF thing. Great program but I did't like having to pick which exercise to do from the book. I like it best when they just give them too you like sealfit and military athlete online do. But maybe because it was printed docs, dunno. Still definitely a good system. Just be sure you have the a operator focus crossfit gym or good prison gym because some of the workouts require unique items for slamming ropes, pushing sled, etc. Things you don't get at Gold's.

hansandfranz intro.jpg

Intro forum located here: http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/forums/introductions.5/

Attachments

• hansandfranz intro.jpg
    hansandfranz intro.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1
Back