How to get max score APFT and time needed.

Yea, I have a job and I think I'm nervous. I apologize Red Flag 1, if there was any golly gee. Right now I was told there's only two jobs available. 42A and 27D with an Option 40. That's terrible. They said I'm wasting tax payers money by having then call to ask for what's available. Honestly, what the heck, haha. So now I choose between Human Resources or Paralegal... I trained for years to get in shape a combat related job. I'm more conflicted than ever.

As you wrote, you can barely get a 220/300 on the APFT.

How does this mesh with "I trained years to get in shape..."?

What are you looking for with this thread?

I don't have an excuse. All I can say is I was really overweight. I was looking for PT advice. I got it. Thanks everyone.

You want a combat arms job in the 75th but at least you have the choice of an option 40 contract even if it is admin and paralegal. You will still wear the scroll and be a part of something bigger. More over you will have gone through RASP, airborne, earned your tan beret and scroll, that would be enough for anyone. On top of all that you will be in the Army with brotherhood you can't really get anywhere else. You will be in the the system so you may in the future have the option to reclass to something combat arms. I know so many regular infantry guys, medics and admin guys who asked for but never got an option 40, you have a pretty nice future in front of you if you wish to take it just saying.

You want a combat arms job in the 75th but at least you have the choice of an option 40 contract even if it is admin and paralegal. You will still wear the scroll and be a part of something bigger. More over you will have gone through RASP, airborne, earned your tan beret and scroll, that would be enough for anyone. On top of all that you will be in the Army with brotherhood you can't really get anywhere else. You will be in the the system so you may in the future have the option to reclass to something combat arms. I know so many regular infantry guys, medics and admin guys who asked for but never got an option 40, you have a pretty nice future in front of you if you wish to take it just saying.

Double Agree.

Making the system work for you is (often) a hell of a sight easier on the inside than out.

I can see how conflicted you are. One of the suggestions I read was to look into another branch. I spent a couple of years in the Army. I have seen service in both the Army, and the USAF. The USAF has better"people" programs, and may be a better fit for you. You have a job, so that means a pay check while you do your search. @Freefalling, I think hit is on the head, and you are solving the recruier's problem, and that is backwards. Talk with another recruiter, and at least spend sone time with an Air Force recruiter. You loose nothing, and something has to change for you. I do wish you luck with your search.

I got word that my recruiter is going to terminate my packet and giving me an ultimatum. He says that he will try one last time to get am 11x option 40, but I would have to quit school. I was in the spot so I said yes. I'm just waiting for now.

I got word that my recruiter is going to terminate my packet and giving me an ultimatum. He says that he will try one last time to get am 11x option 40, but I would have to quit school. I was in the spot so I said yes. I'm just waiting for now.

So, you will enter the service before you finish high school. Do I have that right?

Yea, I have a job and I think I'm nervous. I apologize Red Flag 1, if there was any golly gee. Right now I was told there's only two jobs available. 42A and 27D with an Option 40. That's terrible. They said I'm wasting tax payers money by having then call to ask for what's available. Honestly, what the heck, haha. So now I choose between Human Resources or Paralegal... I trained for years to get in shape a combat related job. I'm more conflicted than ever.

If you've thoroughly read the Mentor forum, this thread should have made an appearance on your screen. That whole advice bit about developing and evaluating multiple (viable) courses of action? It applies here, especially the part that @Etype highlighted about having somewhat disparate COAs that don't hinge on a single point of failure.

@Red Flag 1, it would be college.
@Totentanz, thank you for the thread. It has made much more sense.
I decided to stick to my guns, finish my semester and try again.

Good for you! Finishing up the semester is, in my book, your best choice. In essence, you pulled your cards back to your side of the table, even adding one at that. Do look around some:thumbsup:.

Back