Hurricane Irma...

Friday 08 SEP, "Pardus we are flying 4 Blackhawks to Florida ASAP. Get your shit together, you're going with them to help."

"No worries, what exactly do you mean by "help"?"

"Hurricane! Whargargarbleeeee...."

So I raided my medical section cage, a local hospital, and came up with this mountain of shit.

View attachment 19657

The Blackhawks left today, they took 2 flight medics and bumped me, I was due to fly down tomorrow on a Chinook or C17. I got word late this afternoon, that the entire effort has been downgraded due to the reduced damage from what was predicted. So I'm not going. Fuck!

That blows.

Companies are quoting more than a week w/o power in central FL to some residential areas. I hope our proximity to I-4, retail areas, and the like reduces our wait time.

Friday 08 SEP, "Pardus we are flying 4 Blackhawks to Florida ASAP. Get your shit together, you're going with them to help."

"No worries, what exactly do you mean by "help"?"

"Hurricane! Whargargarbleeeee...."

So I raided my medical section cage, a local hospital, and came up with this mountain of shit.

View attachment 19657

The Blackhawks left today, they took 2 flight medics and bumped me, I was due to fly down tomorrow on a Chinook or C17. I got word late this afternoon, that the entire effort has been downgraded due to the reduced damage from what was predicted. So I'm not going. Fuck!

So, you're upset mate? LOL.

M.

Companies are quoting more than a week w/o power in central FL to some residential areas. I hope our proximity to I-4, retail areas, and the like reduces our wait time.

My family in Dr Phillips is good on power, so it's likely you probably shouldn't have to wait too long.

My experience is that it's best to be on the same grid as emergency services. '04 storms we weren't without power for more than a few hours because we were next to the sheriff's department in Kissimmee.

My family in Dr Phillips is good on power, so it's likely you probably shouldn't have to wait too long.

My experience is that it's best to be on the same grid as emergency services. '04 storms we weren't without power for more than a few hours because we were next to the sheriff's department in Kissimmee.

My wife said ours (Lake Mary) flickered once about 2AM, so something's happening.

So there have been about five one in 100 year storms in about the last 70 years. Without launching into a climate change debate, the issue for the population is the construction of buildings with measures in place that will mitigate risk.

My wife just called. We're still w/o power and may be out for a week...and since we have a well, we're also without running water. So that sucks.

Maybe Pardus can fly down here with all his super sweet tacticool kit a save us.:ROFLMAO:

So there have been about five one in 100 year storms in about the last 70 years. Without launching into a climate change debate, the issue for the population is the construction of buildings with measures in place that will mitigate risk.

I had read an article about that. The claim "once in 'N' years storm" is based on probability data and is irrespective of climate data. The article was about Harvey, but the concept is the same anywhere.

The "500-year" flood, explained: why Houston was so underprepared for Hurricane Harvey

The remnants of Irma are coming through my area, expecting a couple inches of rain and 20 mph wind.

These guys were ready for the 50-year storm.

210-3.jpg

It's the actual reasoning for the concept based on flood insurance. 1 and 100 chance of that kind of storm, not one every 100 years.

I've thought that those in the twister zones in the US would be better off building underground, or partially underground as it would be the logical thing to do IMO. Coober Pedy is a town here built underground but for a different reason, to escape heat.
BTW how far was that climb by THX at the end? Lacto burnout or what?

I've thought that those in the twister zones in the US would be better off building underground, or partially underground as it would be the logical thing to do IMO. Coober Pedy is a town here built underground but for a different reason, to escape heat.
BTW how far was that climb by THX at the end? Lacto burnout or what?

When I was younger I confused that part of the film with the end of Logan's Run.
Jenny Agutter... Sigh... ETA: no lacto burnout with them girls of hers.

Last edited:
My wife just called. We're still w/o power and may be out for a week...and since we have a well, we're also without running water. So that sucks.

Maybe Pardus can fly down here with all his super sweet tacticool kit a save us.:ROFLMAO:

and this is why you need a backup hand pump on the well... or a windmill... or solar with a battery farm...

Back