Hurricane Irma...

I use to run on this side walk everyday......the water will come back in about 6-8 hrs when Irma hits Tampa as a CAT 1 storm.

Edit.....NSFW due to languages......:ack::-"

I've been seeing this a lot. Funny that this video is actually right in front of my old condo.

NOAA's already dropped it to a Cat 2. It may be a Cat 1 by the time it hits us in Orlando. As of an hour ago my wife still had power, but Seminole County's tornado sirens have gone off three times today. This exchange at 7:30 PM:

"It is calm here right now. We had a lot of wind and rain earlier."
"Go take a look at the roof."
"Go fuck yourself. I'm not going out in that."
"You said it is calm."
"Relatively calm, ass."
"That's not what you said."
"You can still go fuck yourself. I'm not going outside."

Wow, what a ride. I was stuck in the hospital--still am TFN--Mrs Ocoka pulled a 48 hour shift in Tampa and was basically locked down. Two of my sons were at the house 50 miles away and lost power before the storm even reached them. The Mrs just got home and send a BDA, Lots of trees and power lines down, fences smashed but aside from some roof flashing and soffit tore off, the house did all right.

The boys were fine in spite of the instant weening from electronic devices, brought out their old board games--like Battleship--and reportedly adapted to the new reality.

Power will probably be out for s few more days. The pups are fine, they slept in kitchen and the horses turned their backs to the wind and rode it out like tough guys.

We have so much to be thankful for.

Ps. TR weathered his first hurricane like a little furry Belgian SOF Commando...in other words he slept through it on his back with his feet in the air.

Friday 08 SEP, "Pardus we are flying 4 Blackhawks to Florida ASAP. Get your shit together, you're going with them to help."

"No worries, what exactly do you mean by "help"?"

"Hurricane! Whargargarbleeeee...."

So I raided my medical section cage, a local hospital, and came up with this mountain of shit.

IMG_3196.jpg

The Blackhawks left today, they took 2 flight medics and bumped me, I was due to fly down tomorrow on a Chinook or C17. I got word late this afternoon, that the entire effort has been downgraded due to the reduced damage from what was predicted. So I'm not going. Fuck!

Back