I'm a FAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Slowpoke, just wondering if 1RAR was still attached to the 173rd when you first got there?

We had an Aussie Artillary Battery attached to the 173rd but I don't remember their unit designation....only that they would take a bottle of whiskey out, pinch the cap shut, and start passing it around. There was also a Kiwi detachment of some sort, but I don't remember what they did.

And Reno....no I didn't know him, the reason the name rang a bell was I just got finished rereading Plaster's book about 3 weeks ago.

1RAR is an Infantry Battalion, just checked the dates, after being attached to the 173rd in early 65 they went down to Nui Dat to join the Australian Task Force in April 1966 and back to Australia in June 1966. The Artillery unit were Kiwis from the 161st, sadly, often easily mistaken for Australians. :)

1RAR is an Infantry Battalion, just checked the dates, after being attached to the 173rd in early 65 they went down to Nui Dat to join the Australian Task Force in April 1966 and back to Australia in June 1966. The Artillery unit were Kiwis from the 161st, sadly, often easily mistaken for Australians. :)

I stand corrected.:doh: The only thing I remember about them is they drank like fish and couldn't speak English for shit!;)

Welcome Slowpoke. I posted the RECONDO post where you had ???s about a submarine!!

RLTW & DOL,RECONDO2.jpg
SFMike

That's Former Action Guy! I'm also a devout Lesbian who likes short walks in the jungle and intense, close up, violent relationships. I'm seeking a female of any race or age who knows how to make a good sammich and bring cold beer!

I served in the 173rd Abn Bde LRRP from '66-'67 which became N Co., 75th Inf, Airborne Ranger in 1969. I was on Team Four and Vladamir Jakovenko was my Team Leader.....some of you SF types may have heard of him.

Welcome Ranger Slowpoke...I'm Edgerusher71 next door at armyranger.com

Who was that masked man...and I didn't get a chance to thank him.

I stand corrected.:doh: The only thing I remember about them is they drank like fish and couldn't speak English for shit!;)

And that's his final word(s) here @ SS. For a guy with 9 posts, only in his intro thread, he's sure had a long life here; with a prolonged fade phase. Who knows, maybe he has been lurking here ever since 26JUN2010. The welcome that knows no end8-).

RF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back