Reed Cundiff

Ooh-Rah, thanks for downloading the photos. Do not know what I did wrong in uploading

Sorry, it is a small photo of Jake, Tad and myself; not of photo of Jake Small. Attached this time is mid-1966 photo of Jakovenko's team. Christensen is in upper left corner, Jake is in lower right and Al Ward (retired SF CSM with 4 tours in RVN in middle1966 - Vladimir ''Jake'' Jakovenko Team.jpg This was three months before I got there. Was on phone with Tome Roubideaux today. He had tours with 1/502 and 1st Bde 101st, came to 173rd to join us and since he was a medic was assigned to 2/503rd just in time for the jump, stayed with unit as it became 74th LRP, later transferred to 18 months as advisor to RVN ABN, went back to N Rangers (as it had now become), got a cushy job with PACCOM, called by name as founding member of 1/75th.Medically retired when on E8 list before he turned 30. Only many I have ever met who got butt-stroked in combat (he tells me hat he was out for quite a while - didn't help his teeth much)

Thanks for your service! I just recently read book one of Six Silent Men by Reynel Martinez which is about 101st LRP/Rangers in Vietnam, And I just started reading Phantom Warriors by Gary A. Linderer. LRRP, LRP, Rangers are bad ass!

Finally got back to this forum after a few years off. Wife and I are full time RV'ers and kind of lose contacts since we boondock in Canada, US, and Mexico and are often out of cell phone coverage for two to three weeks.

We have a reunion next week of 173 LRP/173 LRRP/74th LRP/N Rangers which is the same unit with different names.
Have lost a number of our brothers in the last several years. They are missed. There should be an excellent turnout and it will be good to see them.

There will be a few "well there I was and...." "No Reed, that is not how it happened! Now this is how I remember it." All actions are like Rashamon, we all see things differently. Larry Cole once said, "Let us get the most John Wayne portions together of each action and that is how we shall remember it."

Finally got back to this forum after a few years off. Wife and I are full time RV'ers and kind of lose contacts since we boondock in Canada, US, and Mexico and are often out of cell phone coverage for two to three weeks.

We have a reunion next week of 173 LRP/173 LRRP/74th LRP/N Rangers which is the same unit with different names.
Have lost a number of our brothers in the last several years. They are missed. There should be an excellent turnout and it will be good to see them.

There will be a few "well there I was and...." "No Reed, that is not how it happened! Now this is how I remember it." All actions are like Rashamon, we all see things differently. Larry Cole once said, "Let us get the most John Wayne portions together of each action and that is how we shall remember it."

Dragging your ass through the wire 4 years later. :ROFLMAO: Hope you have a great time at your reunion. :thumbsup:

Should be a good time. Got a discount roundtrip flight from Albuquerque to Las Vegas, NV for $200 on American. Listed price was $1100. I think I may have to stand both ways and pay for bathroom privileges. Last time it was $5 into the beer kitty for bringing up politics or religion. Folks thought we might be paying for free drinks for everyone at the Golden Nugget; however, no one brought up either subject.

Back