Intro Homer11

Homer11

Unverified
Hey folks,

I am a Navy Helo pilot, over 22 years of service, call sign "Homer". My background for the bulk of my career has been in SOF RW Support through HCS-5, HSC-84 and HSC-85. Seniority has me out of the cockpit now but my heart is still in the aircraft deploying SOF to rooftops and taking the fight to the enemy.

I am one of the senior SMEs when it comes to HSC-84/85, the only units in the Navy solely dedicated to RW SOF support. I have deployed 6 times to Iraq for OIF, supporting SEALs, SF, ICTF and other coalition forces. I have dealt with nearly every issue regarding the community, operational and administrative, and at the most junior and senior levels, since 2002.

I joined the forum because I am concerned about the community's future. Due to budget cuts, they are in IMMINENT danger of disestablishment once again. This would be a significant loss to SOCOM operational and training support, as well as the Navy, in an era where the RW SOF missions of 84/85 are more critical today than they have ever been.

I hope to make contacts, pass any info, etc. that helps further the discussion or pushes the right button to prevent this recurring mistake from happening once again. Once gone this time, the capability will likely never return. Time is running short...

V/R
Homer

Welcome aboard.

You weren't by chance at Balad in 05 were you? I recall being on a bird one time with the pilot's call sign of Homer. Before we left the ground, he gave me an American Marlboro Light. It made my night.

Welcome aboard.

You weren't by chance at Balad in 05 were you? I recall being on a bird one time with the pilot's call sign of Homer. Before we left the ground, he gave me an American Marlboro Light. It made my night.

I was there in late spring/early summer of '05. Not a smoker though so I don't know if it was me. Homer is my call sign though. If you were on a Navy bird with a dude named Homer, it was me.

Welcome Homer11. We had Scar Face helos for some our support in Nam back in the day.

Back