ISIS beheads photojournalist James Foley on new video

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Anyone see this yet?

ISIS Appears To Behead American Photojournalist In YouTube Video
James Wright Foley was kidnapped in November 2012 in Syria.
Posted on Aug. 19, 2014, at 5:11 p.m

The video, uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday, includes about a minute and a half of President Obama announcing his recent authorization of targeted airstrikes and a humanitarian operation in Iraq. Around the two minute mark, a man believed to be James Wright Foley, 40, delivers a statement.

"I call on my friends, family and loved ones to rise up against my real killers: the U.S. government," he says, before specifically addressing his brother John, a member of the U.S. Air Force. After about two minutes and 20 seconds, he is beheaded.

Two people who know Foley said the man in the video appears to be him, and that the voice sounds like his. His family did not respond immediately to an inquiry about the video.

Foley, a freelance photojournalist, and his translator were kidnapped in Binesh, Syria, in November 2012.

• According to the FBI, his translator was later released.

The propaganda video ends with a shot of journalist Steven Sotloff and a voice saying, "The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision." The clip was removed from YouTube after about 20 minutes.

m-grid-cell-12870-1408482301-5.jpg

FBI
    m-grid-cell-12870-1408482302-8.jpg

FBI
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/isis-a...hotojournalist-in-youtube-v?bffbnews&s=mobile

It's amazing to think that there are people who honestly still believe that those humanoids are capable of rational dialogue and thought. One day, people better get out of their bubbles or they will be forced out by people like them.

Lunatics running rampant with weapons and impunity....

Last edited:
I may take an unpopular stance here, but as sickened as I am over this cold blooded murder I'm also not moved. What moron suddenly sides with ISIS over this video or starts thinking how we need to leave them alone."? Leave ISIS alone!" (Some of you just heard a viral Youtube clip in your heads, didn't you?"

Where part of me doesn't care, and this is directed at journalism in general is WHY? Why was he there? Syria? In the middle of a civil war? "The people need to know. The world needs to know." Bravo, photo guy, bravo. While your peers are keeping up with the Kardashians you chose o hang it all out to report on Syria? Noble except for ALL of the stories your peers ignore and all of the softball questions they lob instead of...you know, being journalists. If there is an afterlife Edward R. Murrow and Ernie Pyle are bloody from beating their heads into a wall. Every day. For hours. For eternity.

Why should Americans be outraged by this video, but treat blown up soldiers with indifference? "What difference does it make" and all that?

If we're going to be mad at ISIS for doing this then we also need to be mad at the profession of journalism. Apparently there aren't any stories worth reporting at home (or stories a network wants to tell)? As horrible as Mr. Foley's death is, I'm more horrified by the race-baiting, speculation, fear-mongering, and outright lies perpetuated in the name of "journalism."

Maybe if his profession had more integrity he'd be alive today.

They believe they're neutral and impartial observers, and that both sides will respect that. The concept that there are people in the world who simply don't care and will hurt them purely for something to do is completely alien and incomprehensible to them.

In short, rose colored glasses covering wide, innocent eyes.

Morons.

They believe they're neutral and impartial observers, and that both sides will respect that. The concept that there are people in the world who simply don't care and will hurt them purely for something to do is completely alien and incomprehensible to them.

In short, rose colored glasses covering wide, innocent eyes.

Morons.

I'm not so certain that they believe that both sides will respect their supposed impartiality, so much as it could be a serious case of cognitive dissonance. They either don't think that the reports of bloodshed and barbarism are true (doesn't fit the narrative about religion of peace), or they approach them with the mentality that enshrine's Churchill's quote about feeding crocodiles. They go into these AO's with the misguided notion that they have the moral high ground vs. their uncivilized teabag hick fellow countrymen, and it comes back and bites them in the ass. Or the neck, in this case.

I don't think these fools are very innocent as much as they are victims of a sort of invincibility complex. It could never happen to them because they are worldly and acquainted with many cultures. Willful ignorance with a fatal penalty.

I have to kinda agree with Freefalling, I watched the uncensored video where he starts sawing at the neck and just kinda though meh that sucks. It's not that I don't care or don't feel anything but he CHOSE to be there during a war and put himself in a position where this could happen. It's not like there isn't a history of beheading people in that region. A detached (probably the fucked up paramedic part) was thinking "Hmm, not much blood for all that sawing".

Why do media types think they are immune from the violence around them, especially from extremist like this.

Here in the land of 24/7 "news", & with the so smug feeling that they put someone in the White House, some of the press feel great power and privelige. Here in CONUS, the media decides how people think, in some degree, by what is covered, and how it is covered (presented, etc., etc.). It seems not everyone believes that, and of course the press will be outraged. Guess they have failed to shape the thinking of as many folks as they think. I am by no means condoning, or unfeeling about the murder of anyone, but reality is what it is. They will cut of heads because of what they think, as well as what they think we think.

Personally, I think that many of them believe that they can serve as the groups mechanism for "getting their side" out to the masses. As such, they think they are sometimes seen as one of their team -- not pertaining to their message necessarily -- but as their instrument of dissemination.

However, as I said earlier...those humanoids aren't capable of rational thought or negotiation.

I think some in the West have a misguided approach to human relations.We've been indoctrinated with this thought, this belief, that everyone is equal and if you just treat people well they won't hate you. "The reason hate exists is because someone hated them once upon a time, so show some respect and it will be returned."

Even as an atheist (Seriously, athiests, why do you capitalize it? We're proper nouns all of a sudden?) I grasp the value of The Golden Rule. Surprisingly, I try to practice it whenever possible. It is a good rule. "Good" however, doesn't equal "universal" and there are bad people in the world. We're NOT all equal. There are people who wish to do us harm simply because we aren't just like them. Evil will always exist. Someone will always want what you have and sooner or later they will try to take it from you.

These do gooders don't understand that. Evil is everywhere, but in certain parts of the world it is the norm, not the exception. There is no Leviathan state to protect them. It is currently fashionable to hate cops in the US, but without them? You dirty hippies didn't think that ideal through to completion, did you?

We need to stop thinking that the world will like us or respect us if only we'd treat them the same. It won't. I'm talking to the West here, not the US. The rest of the world will not care about your skin color, in some areas your religion doesn't matter, you will simply not be like those around you. When you are? If you're lucky you escape with your life. If not? Your last moments play out on Liveleak. THAT is your legacy. I'm sure your family's proud.

The West needs to wake up.

I have yet to meet anyone involved in the field of "journalism" that wasn't a complete egomaniac. Arrogance combined with idealism is a dangerous combination.

I feel for his family, but when you mess with a hornet's nest you're bound to be stung. It was only a matter of time for him.

More Americans will be outraged over snipers peeing on dead taliban then outraged by this murder.
What does that say for us as a whole?

I have yet to meet anyone involved in the field of "journalism" that wasn't a complete egomaniac.

Years ago I dated a reporter for a local newspaper. She called the profession "corrupt" and stated repeatedly that had she known at graduation what she knew later, she would have done something different or taken her degree and worked as a spokeswoman or press officer. She would not go into journalism 100 times out of 100 if she had it to do over again. She was embarrassed to be a reporter. She was also bat shit insane, but that's not the point here.

IIRC, James Foley was kidnapped once before. He was released after his family coughed some big bucks. His kidnapping in Syria was his second rodeo..

I have yet to meet anyone involved in the field of "journalisam" that wasn't a complete egomaniac. Arrogance combined with idealism is a dangerous combination.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke with one of my son's former girlfriends. She moved off to go to college and is majoring in Journalism. I hadn't seen her in two years. She was one of the sweetest little ladies I have ever had the privilege of knowing -- and she still is. While back down here for her summer break, she was interning for the local newspaper. I have read several of her articles and she has done a fine job so far.

I said all that to say this...much like any other profession -- there is the good with the bad. My hope is that her "sweetness" doesn't work against her and push her out of an industry that is full of aggressive people. Her heart is in the right place...I certainly wish her the best success in the field that she has chosen. I would hope that she would be able to change some of the self-serving journalist who are out there to be the first to report -- regardless of the veracity of the information.

Honest, sincere reporting is a dying art...I hope people like her can keep it alive.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke with one of my son's former girlfriends. She moved off to go to college and is majoring in Journalism. I hadn't seen her in two years. She was one of the sweetest little ladies I have ever had the privilege of knowing -- and she still is. While back down here for her summer break, she was interning for the local newspaper. I have read several of her articles and she has done a fine job so far.

I said all that to say this...much like any other profession -- there is the good with the bad. My hope is that her "sweetness" doesn't work against her and push her out of an industry that is full of aggressive people. Her heart is in the right place...I certainly wish her the best success in the field that she has chosen. I would hope that she would be able to change some of the self-serving journalist who are out there to be the first to report -- regardless of the veracity of the information.

Honest, sincere reporting is a dying art...I hope people like her can keep it alive.

Many reporters have an actual passion for the job, not unlike many of us. There are stories out there that need to be told, but at what cost? It gets to the point where it is a fool's errand to continue on a certain path.

...It gets to the point where it is a fool's errand to continue on a certain path.

Indeed it does. That is why I actually hope she chooses another path should she find she is fighting a losing battle.

There is no dishonor when one finds they are in a chosen field that they are not cut out to be in and they choose another way.

Sorry for the hi-jack. I seem to have chased a rabbit from the OP trail.

Back