Israel and Iran

Yes, I had those thoughts for a while as a young troop. Not set myself on fire, but life isn't worth living. However, for the life of me I can't wrap my head around a servicemember joining after VN, Grenada, OIF etc. and still not understanding what's up.

We don't live in Candy Land, and the "cause" is far more screwed up than we could ever become.

The..."irony"? A middle-class, educated white kid serving his country. He's so thoroughly indoctrinated in far Left causes, and clearly fears nothing, that he posts UCMJ-violating shit for anyone to see. THEN, apropos of nothing, he is so overcome with grief and guilt and MENTAL ILLNESS that he kills himself in a horrible, public, violent manner for a cause which affects him in no way, shape, or form. Believes himself to be a martyr, believes acts such as his are necessary, supports a terrorist organization, believes Palestinian kids should live, but Israeli kids should die...

And "Don't tread on me" is extremist? This kid proved nothing, gained nothing, gave aid and comfort to the enemy, and is viewed as a hero.

And people want to tell me that the Far Left hasn't infiltrated our government and military? Yeah, nah. Go fuck yourself with that narrative and get back to your annual DEI training.

The..."irony"? A middle-class, educated white kid serving his country. He's so thoroughly indoctrinated in far Left causes, and clearly fears nothing, that he posts UCMJ-violating shit for anyone to see. THEN, apropos of nothing, he is so overcome with grief and guilt and MENTAL ILLNESS that he kills himself in a horrible, public, violent manner for a cause which affects him in no way, shape, or form. Believes himself to be a martyr, believes acts such as his are necessary, supports a terrorist organization, believes Palestinian kids should live, but Israeli kids should die...

And "Don't tread on me" is extremist? This kid proved nothing, gained nothing, gave aid and comfort to the enemy, and is viewed as a hero.

And people want to tell me that the Far Left hasn't infiltrated our government and military? Yeah, nah. Go fuck yourself with that narrative and get back to your annual DEI training.
I haven't really read anything about this incident, but I gotta believe other bros in his unit knew something was off with this cat. Where was his leadership? I mean he did what he did but I wonder if he was ever directed to Mental Health? Getting the point where you BBQ yourself is more than holding the average outlier viewpoint.

I haven't really read anything about this incident, but I gotta believe other bros in his unit knew something was off with this cat. Where was his leadership? I mean he did what he did but I wonder if he was ever directed to Mental Health? Getting the point where you BBQ yourself is more than holding the average outlier viewpoint.
I thought about that too. But there are "weirdos in my unit," and then there are people like this guy. I can think of several people over the course of my career where I would have been like, "Yeah, we all kind of saw that coming," but "that" never happened. It's really hard to know what someone carries in their hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if no one in his unit thought this was a likely outcome for the guy.

8hciw3.jpg

Definitely sketchy stuff going on.

But it appears that he wasn't doing things under his real name, so unless we was overt, or somehow caught, how are the people in charge supposed to know?

This makes me think of another far-left member of the military, whose views were similar bur fortunately never hurt himself or AFAIK anyone else:

'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army

Evidently, it's 1D7X1 because, going back to my earlier post and @Marauder06's comments not withstanding, based on that article above and his job, he should've been on A LOT of radars. Why wasn't he?

Joe Biden isn't on anybody's radar, why would this peon be? He fit right in, just like he fits in that urn now.

But it appears that he wasn't doing things under his real name, so unless we was overt, or somehow caught, how are the people in charge supposed to know?

This makes me think of another far-left member of the military, whose views were similar bur fortunately never hurt himself or AFAIK anyone else:

I thought to mention that guy. And Bergdahl, too. And the little ANG intel twerp. And Chelsea fucking Manning. Counter-culture heroes now, along with Burn Man. The list goes on.

Last edited:
There’s enough anonymity in the lower ranks that aberrant behavior can go unnoticed by superiors. Squad/platoon mates might know the guy’s an oddball but if they don’t report it higher-ups won’t notice. It takes living in the barracks with someone to know their eccentricities…but why bother to report it if the guy hasn’t fucked with you? Why get involved with OFFICERS. Lol
It certainly can, but doesn't always; there's a bit of survivorship bias in that. I can think of at least one name who wasn't deployed and made an unscheduled exit from uniformed service after similar flags arose.

I spent 27 years in the Army, 23 of which was in intel.

Folks, there are A LOT of weirdos in intel. But a lot of those weirdos are really, really good at intel work. If we booted out all of the weirdos, we'd probably take a hit on the intel front.

That said, there is "weird," and there's stuff that Spencer Rapone and our Air Force human torch were doing...

The Commie Cadet is an Associate Professor at UT Austin

I thought about that too. But there are "weirdos in my unit," and then there are people like this guy. I can think of several people over the course of my career where I would have been like, "Yeah, we all kind of saw that coming," but "that" never happened. It's really hard to know what someone carries in their hearts. I wouldn't be surprised if no one in his unit thought this was a likely outcome for the guy.
The boffins found this out with radicalism ten years or so ago. There was no clear path; slow, fast; it was unpredictable and this was when there were attacks in Paris and London and all resources were being bout to bear. The one that couldn’t be picked up was the lone wolf, that guy who didn’t communicate with anyone, just woke up one day and went fuck it. This guy.
An interesting point also came out of that discussion; because they were lone wolves, there’s was no knowing how many radicalized themselves and decided it was best to stay home, in effect de-radicalizing themselves.

Back