Israel and Iran

To give everyone an idea of how big this is, I don't remember the last time Hamas deployed forward and seized terrain. Currently they holder several towns. Some idiot Irish parliamentarian said Hamas didn't have an airport...but I'm pretty sure you can't paraglide 20 miles into the interior without starting on top of a mountain. So...they were in the a bird at some type of altitude?

Ofakim is 20 miles from the armistice line. Magen, the other town that is inland and not abutting the fence is about 5.5k from an Palestinian town that abuts the armistice line. But the amount of land controlled right now as a percentage is likely very significant.

To give everyone an idea of how big this is, I don't remember the last time Hamas deployed forward and seized terrain. Currently they holder several towns. Some idiot Irish parliamentarian said Hamas didn't have an airport...but I'm pretty sure you can't paraglide 20 miles into the interior without starting on top of a mountain. So...they were in the a bird at some type of altitude?

Ofakim is 20 miles from the armistice line. Magen, the other town that is inland and not abutting the fence is about 5.5k from an Palestinian town that abuts the armistice line. But the amount of land controlled right now as a percentage is likely very significant.
They were motorized paragliders, no mountains needed.

One type of paraglider has a reported range of like 80 miles. A Guide to Powered Paragliders: How They Work – Aerolight – Paramotor & Paragliding Gear

But if you have an AK-47, you really just need to get over the border and to the first Israeli settlement, murder the first motorist you see, and *poof* instant long range access.

On a side note, I think most people don't realize how small Israel really is. At its narrowest portion, it's like 10 miles (or less) across if you figure in Gaza and the West Bank. a 20-mile penetration in a country that small is HUGE.

One type of paraglider has a reported range of like 80 miles. A Guide to Powered Paragliders: How They Work – Aerolight – Paramotor & Paragliding Gear

But if you have an AK-47, you really just need to get over the border and to the first Israeli settlement, murder the first motorist you see, and *poof* instant long range access.

On a side note, I think most people don't realize how small Israel really is. At its narrowest portion, it's like 10 miles (or less) across if you figure in Gaza and the West Bank. a 20-mile penetration in a country that small is HUGE.

Fair point. I'm operating off of one video (showing guys landing and no engines, but see NYP link with video footage of landing at the festival), but getting over and then putting a few plugs into motorists heads makes a lot of sense. The highway video showing hundreds of cars shot up or burnt out was intense.

HAMAS even has a propoganda video of using powered paragliders:

Hamas terrorists sail into Israeli territory using motorized paragliders

I know I asked about Israeli bases near the border...well this was so coordinated that they took out two it seems. Didn't run off with any tanks but certainly loads of munitions.

So the level of coordination and time it took to plan this, what are we talking? 6 months? Then years to build up munitions?

There’s no way Hamas was tooling around the sky and the Mossad didn’t know.

Remember, there’s a great conspiracy theory that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor and allowed it to happen so the US could enter the war. The US knew something was up, assumed it would maybe be the Philippines but probably elsewhere, and told MacArthur to go on alert. I don’t see the Mossad allowing this to happen, rather they didn’t think it was so soon.

Occam's Razor.

Hamas had a lot of assistance with this attack. To prevent it, intel has to good, timely, and actionable 100% of the time. Israeli's are still human and they got their nose bloodied.

I won't be surprised to hear these are some "mysterious" explosions in Iran in coming days.

Occam's Razor.

Hamas had a lot of assistance with this attack. To prevent it, intel has to good, timely, and actionable 100% of the time. Israeli's are still human and they got their nose bloodied.

I won't be surprised to hear these are some "mysterious" explosions in Iran in coming days.

As I mentioned in a prior post. Gaza is not the remit of Mossad. It is the remit of Shabak and Aman. So effectively Army Intelligence.

Based on their strikes, they have a lot of real time actionable intel and the IAF is smoking dudes left and right currently. Seems more like really good opsec on this and probably knew considerable arms were available and expected a big rocket barrage rather than a major incursion.

The last time someone launched a war against Israel on an anniversary Israel took the Sinai and the West Bank...so I think the governments around them know not to eff around.

Back