Israel and Iran

The Iron Dome putting in work. Imagine if it didn't exist...

What are the rockets, you think? 122's or something larger?

Hahahaha, leave it to Poland to get shit started!

We were bringing much needed medical supplies and communications equipment when our plane was shot out of the sky by a Ham-ass rocket. Time to get NATO involved LOL.

We knew as early as 2016 that giving Iran sanctions relief would result in increased funding for terrorist groups. Saying that modern sanctions relef won't result in more of the same is moronic.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politics/john-kerry-money-iran-sanctions-terrorism/index.html

When asked about whether some the $150 billion in sanctions relief to Iran would go to terrorist groups, Kerry reiterated that, after settling debts, Iran would receive closer to $55 billion. He conceded some of that could go to groups considered terrorists, saying there was nothing the U.S. could do to prevent that.
“I think that some of it will end up in the hands of the IRGC or other entities, some of which are labeled terrorists,” he said in the interview in Davos, referring to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps. “You know, to some degree, I’m not going to sit here and tell you that every component of that can be prevented.”

Uh, yeah, you can prevent it, Mr. (then-) Secretary. DON'T GIVE THE IRANIANS ANY MONEY. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

My problem with this statement is that we should have deployed air assets to pull people out like every other government is doing.

Statement from President Joe Biden on American Citizens Impacted in Israel | The White House

So. There are videos of American C17’s arriving yesterday. Maybe, just maybe, you don’t know wtf you are talking about.

I understand you don’t know how Special Operations work, as you’ve never served in such a unit, but, for the most part it is good if things are announced after things have been put into place.

So. There are videos of American C17’s arriving yesterday. Maybe, just maybe, you don’t know wtf you are talking about <snip>, for the most part it is good if things are announced after things have been put into place.
Kinder/Gentler translation: American C17’s arrived yesterday; sounds like you may not have been aware. In my experience it is sometimes best if we don’t tip our hats too early.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We’ve always been pretty good about not playing the “you’re not SOF” card here…no reason to start now.
I understand you don’t know how Special Operations work, as you’ve never served in such a unit

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

All, this topic has everyone fired up, but again…everybody be cool and no hits below the belt.

Please and thank you.

Kinder/Gentler translation: American C17’s arrived yesterday; sounds like you may not have been aware. In my experience it is sometimes best if we don’t tip our hats too early.

We’ve always been pretty good about not playing the “you’re not SOF” card here…no reason to start now.

All, this topic has everyone fired up, but again…everybody be cool and no hits below the belt.

Please and thank you.

Thank you. I’m sorry for being disrespectful.

Like many others I have people that may be headed there.

I was needlessly disrespectful. I apologize for that.

Why use SOF and secrecy? A Marine FAST team (do they even still have those) could go right into Gaza and recapture every single American before sunrise.

On a more serious note....never mind it would be a major OPSEC violation.

But...I hope we do rather than leave billion dollar apiece bargaining chips.

Why use SOF and secrecy? A Marine FAST team (do they even still have those) could go right into Gaza and recapture every single American before sunrise.

On a more serious note....never mind it would be a major OPSEC violation.

But...I hope we do rather than leave billion dollar apiece bargaining chips.

You seem to completely misunderstand the operational environment and capabilities of the Marine FAST.

Edit to add: Marine FAST teams are security elements. They are not hostage rescue teams, and they are not an elite force comprised of the type of SM that is prepared for the situation in Israel currently.

The units that are specially selected and trained for this exact type of mission are not filled with lance corporals on their first enlistment, and have long standing operational and professional relationships with the Israelis.

Last edited:
You seem to completely misunderstand the operational environment and capabilities of the Marine FAST.

Edit to add: Marine FAST teams are security elements. They are not hostage rescue teams, and they are not an elite force comprised of the type of SM that is prepared for the situation in Israel currently.

The units that are specially selected and trained for this exact type of mission are not filled with lance corporals on their first enlistment, and have long standing operational and professional relationships with the Israelis.

No, I knew, they specialize in extraction and Embassy recovery/evacuation. I was being a smart ass to the Marines on the board and the guys I used to work with.

Seriously though, 1 battalion of mech infantry from the 1st Cav and this thing would be over in 2 weeks. Najaf 04' anyone??? 8-)

:ROFLMAO:

I appears that Israel is going to invade and occupy Gaza with a force that was triple the size of the surge strength of the Coalition in Iraq. Supposedly 1,000 sorties were flown today by the IAF.

We faced ~2,000 Mahdi Army inside the big mosque and old city, plus several dozen to a couple hundred in the giant graveyard. It took 2 weeks with Bradleys going amber on 25mm and infantry dismounts everywhere, along with all the other goodies the Marine expeditionary force had on hand, and a couple real airstrikes.

Gaza is the size of an American metropolitan city with around 2 million people, tunnels, dug in positions, the whole 9 yards. I hope they have some good intel and are ready for the traps. I want to see Israel come out with at least some of those women and kids.

I mean. That didn’t work out great for us in the long run.

I disagree. In the short term long run they kept EFP'ing us for the next few years.

In the long long run? I don't know what to say other than they are not hostile to us anymore and have not supported recent attempts to attack U.S. in Iraq. You may be surprised.

Back