Israel and Iran

In a sense, it indirectly calls us out as well since we've said we would help Israel defend itself.

We keep drawing red lines in the sand...
🎶
"I am the warmonger more crazy strong
Dropping drones inside Iran...

...If you lose your cool
Baby, I'll lose mine
You draw the red line
I love crossing red lines"
🎶
- Geordie Kieffer

Further evidence of my comment above...not fucking around:
It'd be nice of they waged war on their own dime, instead of hiding behind us. Their use of organizations like AIPAC is brilliant though. They hold considerable influence on both sides of the American political aisle. From a soft power standpoint it's pure genius, least until people wise up.

Like a freeloading girlfriend who mooches off you, doesn't put out, and starts fights with the retards at the bar; when you just wanna relax and listen to the band.

It'd be nice of they waged war on their own dime, instead of hiding behind us. Their use of organizations like AIPAC is brilliant though. They hold considerable influence on both sides of the American political aisle. From a soft power standpoint it's pure genius, least until people wise up.

Like a freeloading girlfriend who mooches off you, doesn't put out, and starts fights with the retards at the bar; when you just wanna relax and listen to the band.
We should consider adopting a policy of complete isolation, withdrawing from all international engagements. Return to a level of isolation similar to pre-World War I

We should consider adopting a policy of complete isolation, withdrawing from all international engagements. Return to a level of isolation similar to pre-World War I
I'm just tired of me and my brothers being used by a foreign non-Western nation in their power plays. Especially when we get very little back. Not only is that foreign nation picking our pockets, they've abused our children, and killed our people. Just like Haj.

I know you're being sarcastic, hence the reaction. Even as a knuckle dragging Infantry troglodyte, I've seen enough to know how ugly the uncivilized world is without us. ;-)

Last edited:
What would happen if "We" stopped aiding Israel with weapons and cash? They have a decent economy and make plenty of arms themselves. What happened in 1967?

"We" still give the Taliban $$....

I'm just tired of me and my brothers being used by a foreign non-Western nation in their power plays. Especially when we get very little back. Not only is that foreign nation picking our pockets, they've abused our children, and killed our people. Just like Haj.

I know you're being sarcastic, hence the reaction. Even as a knuckle dragging Infantry troglodyte, I've seen enough to know how ugly the uncivilized world is without us. ;-)

I was being sarcastic when I said that, as I know it would never happen. However, I do sometimes think about it, and it doesn’t seem like a bad idea at all. We could let the world run itself and let other armies and navies do the work. We could focus on domestic issues and just trade, avoiding entanglements in other countries. Let Asia deal with Asia, and Europe deal with Europe.

This is actually a really good, albeit long, lecture from a professor at the US Naval Institute discussing the differences between Maritime powers and continental powers and how they should conduct business.

The problem that I see with the isolationist model is, if we withdraw, that power vacuum will be filled by somebody. One of our strongest weapons currently is the ability to sanction other nations if they don't play ball. That works because other sovereign nations follow our lead. If we step back, somebody else gets to pull those string and who says that don't eventually put sanctions on us, which would probably lead to something kinetic.

What would happen if "We" stopped aiding Israel with weapons and cash? They have a decent economy and make plenty of arms themselves. What happened in 1967?

"We" still give the Taliban $$....
Yeah, we seriously need to stop giving people who hate us money. In Israel's case, they'll probably team up with the Chinese or Russians and sell our military tech to them. They, just like the French, are one of the more duplicitous countries out there when it comes to stealing military technologies.

Given their size, fractious nature, and access to resources, I don't know if they can swing modern high tech arms production on a mass scale.

I was being sarcastic when I said that, as I know it would never happen. However, I do sometimes think about it, and it doesn’t seem like a bad idea at all. We could let the world run itself and let other armies and navies do the work. We could focus on domestic issues and just trade, avoiding entanglements in other countries. Let Asia deal with Asia, and Europe deal with Europe.
My sweet summer child, you do understand there are other powers are at play right? Did you forget China unleashing a plague on the world or the Russians slaughtering civilians? There are people who want you dead over the simple fact that you're American. Our current leadership are a bunch of woke, idiotic, liberal eunuchs, but even they're (slightly) better than the sadistic retards who lead the world's other factions.

@757 put up some good links. You should read the article and watch the video.

Add on: If you want to talk about closing our borders and expelling the potential threat vectors our State Dept and DHS have let inside the country, that's another topic for another thread.

It is a starter. Maybe not full blown isolation but it is a starter.

Once upon a time everything moved at the speed of a ship and the US was THE world power and economy. If we were isolationist our economy would come to a standstill, regardless of the historical FONOPS policy. Other nations would see our lack of engagement as an opportunity to take over. Today's digital world where there are tentacles from every country in every country would cockblock any of our foreign policy. Would quickly become a second world nation with a mid economy and military.

Once upon a time everything moved at the speed of a ship and the US was THE world power and economy. If we were isolationist our economy would come to a standstill, regardless of the historical FONOPS policy. Other nations would see our lack of engagement as an opportunity to take over. Today's digital world where there are tentacles from every country in every country would cockblock any of our foreign policy. Would quickly become a second world nation with a mid economy and military.
Concur. The realities of a modern world would make isolationism largely unworkable if society is to still advance.

Back