Israel and Iran

Deadly rocket attack in Israel kills at least 10 including kids at soccer field.

Since I haven't heard much about strikes.coming out of Lebanon, I don't know of this is an escalation or Iron Dome failure. There's going to some serious retaliation this week though.

At least 10 dead, including several children, after Hezbollah rocket strikes Israeli playground in deadliest attack since Oct. 7

Northern Command has been mobilized since October. The entire country is on a war footing.

The more this conflict drags out, the more I realize that both Israelis and Palestinians are birds of a feather.

Israel army says 9 soldiers held over suspected abuse of detainee

The Jews would kick their ass.
How does he plan on sustaining his force, NATO won't help.
As much as I loathe Erdogan and the Islamist Turkish govt, they have a pretty decent manufacturing capability. For a few years they've been flooding the US with cheap and decent quality small arms. Turkey's demographics are much better; they're also largely energy and resource independent. Add in their drone tech and they're not someone to sniff at.

That said, a war would trigger more of an exodus of Palestinians and Israelis to the Western world. Which would be problematic as neither culture will assimilate and tends to bring in a host of problems. When the Western world breaks out into war those populations will be targeted.

It seems like there's a whole lot of moral equivalency going on there. Can you give me a couple of examples of the Palestinians, specifically the ones who are in Hamas, holding their fighters accountable for suspected abuse of Israeli detainees?

Taliban and AQ are also well known for raping men their gracious treatment of detainees.

The more this conflict drags out, the more I realize that both Israelis and Palestinians are birds of a feather.

Israel army says 9 soldiers held over suspected abuse of detainee

As much as I loathe Erdogan and the Islamist Turkish govt, they have a pretty decent manufacturing capability. For a few years they've been flooding the US with cheap and decent quality small arms. Turkey's demographics are much better; they're also largely energy and resource independent. Add in their drone tech and they're not someone to sniff at.

That said, a war would trigger more of an exodus of Palestinians and Israelis to the Western world. Which would be problematic as neither culture will assimilate and tends to bring in a host of problems. When the Western world breaks out into war those populations will be targeted.
IAF would wipe the TuAF out of the skies in 24hours.
We already know the S-400 sucks, and I'd bet on an Israeli cyber attack being more effective than it's Turkish counterpart.

Tech helps PEOPLE win wars. Erdogen has flushed the politically unreliable from the military, a military that has trouble with Kurds. I don't see the Turkish Military as the fearsome fighting machine of the past.
Speaking of Kurds, Turkish involvement might result in Israel tossing some weaponry in that direction.
Suddenly he has a multi-front war.

It seems like there's a whole lot of moral equivalency going on there. Can you give me a couple of examples of the Palestinians, specifically the ones who are in Hamas, holding their fighters accountable for suspected abuse of Israeli detainees?
I'm under no allusions that Hamas isn't garbage when treating detainees. Was noting the similarities in Middle Eastern culture, where "Man Love Thursday's" is an apperant cultural commonality.

Horseshoe theory and all.

IAF would wipe the TuAF out of the skies in 24hours.
We already know the S-400 sucks, and I'd bet on an Israeli cyber attack being more effective than it's Turkish counterpart.

Tech helps PEOPLE win wars. Erdogen has flushed the politically unreliable from the military, a military that has trouble with Kurds. I don't see the Turkish Military as the fearsome fighting machine of the past.
Speaking of Kurds, Turkish involvement might result in Israel tossing some weaponry in that direction.
Suddenly he has a multi-front war.
I'm not overplaying the Turks abilities. That said, the Turks have more men and more resources to wage war. Without Western supply, Israel's manufacturing capabilities and internal resources are marginal compared to Turkey. Add in most of Israel's forces are occupied with the war on Palestine and things start to look sporty.

It also doesn't help that Israel hasn't had a good showing when it comes to MOUT. Due to Hamas having extensive tunnel networks and Israelis having to re-secure conquered ground. All of this has shown some very real weaknesses and deficiencies in their fighting forces. Toss in Israeli joes posting alleged war crimes onto TikTok and well... they don't seem as professional.

You're right about the Kurds, Turkish military purges, and the air defense issues. That said, Israel is in a much worse spot than it thinks it is. Drone technology is a gamechanger. If the Turks can put together a couple thousand drones and repeatedly toss them at Israel, their air defense and airforce will mean nothing.

Back