Israel and Iran

Whatever Hamas and Iran want out of this war they started with Israel, they probably need to secure it in the next couple of months because even if Trump doesn't win, a whole lot of the Democrat party are going to have to pretend to care a lot less about Palestine.

It has pretty mad over here, but the Jew/Jundallah split is hopefully settling down. Itā€™s down to friendship level in some quarters. Our centre left government has been too lenient publicly and has allegedly let the issue fester. Their foreign policy however has been spot on IMO; two state solution (an each way bet), peace for all and free beer. A couple of minor details get in the way; no recognised border for the potential state and the vexing question of Jerusalem as the capital, which both sides claim. As much as I dislike our foreign minister Penny Wong, I think they got it right, with no real change so as to not frighten the horses.

Last edited:
Biden claimed to assemble a "coalition" to deter and attack Houthis in order to protect shipping lanes. But, it's been anemic... there's been no deterrence.

It was just another failed policy of the Biden administration. There's never been a serious strike on the Houthis to hold them accountable.

Israel was attacked, and in true Israeli form, they quickly and decisively showed the Houthis/Yemen, as well as Iran, that they're the not fucking around team. It's fantastic.

We need this in our foreign policy.

Well, I could rant about Biden's shitty foreign policy, but I'd just be yelling into an echo chamber.

Israel has the flexibility to act where we can't right now. They do it, and, hey, that's war for you. We do anything more than defensive actions and it can be played that we're a nuclear armed bully little different from Putin to the unaligned parts of the world that we still care about (India, Brazil, etc.). The theocracy in Iran knows it, they are acting on it, and it's annoying as all Hell.

I believe, assuming Trump or someone besides Biden or Harris wins, most of the international piece of this debacle will settle out fairly quickly. If Biden and/or Harris wins . . . well, I suppose it's just that much more job security for us.

Biden claimed to assemble a "coalition" to deter and attack Houthis in order to protect shipping lanes. But, it's been anemic... there's been no deterrence.

It was just another failed policy of the Biden administration. There's never been a serious strike on the Houthis to hold them accountable.

Israel was attacked, and in true Israeli form, they quickly and decisively showed the Houthis/Yemen, as well as Iran, that they're the not fucking around team. It's fantastic.

We need this in our foreign policy.
His ā€œdeterrenceā€ went about as well as his pier.

I'm glad to see Israel doing this, and would like to see more, similar things from American strikes.

The Houthis are actively trying to kill us and negatively affect our national interests. We're going to ignore them until they do something big. I'd rather cripple them now and save the American money and American lives.

Israel strikes Iran-backed Houthis after Tehran proxy attacked Jewish state: 'Significance is clear'

View attachment 45320
Wife and I talked about this months ago.

I told her I would have hit any electric generation plants and put them in the dark
Followed by petro targets (See photo above :) )
Sink ships in the harbor to stop/reduce food imports.
Then start taking the desalinization plants out, one at a time.
Eventually survival becomes an issue.

War needs to be total or not at all, "limited" wars rarely accomplish anything

We haven't won an insurgency since....since ever. The only wars worth doing are the WW2 style destruction of entire enemy areas.

We didn't "win" Iraq until IS took 1/4 of the country and we bombed the shit out of it. Look at Afganistan, look at Syria and Africa. We spend all this time, effort and cash on playing fuck around then get surprised it doesn't work...

We haven't won an insurgency since....since ever. The only wars worth doing are the WW2 style destruction of entire enemy areas.

We didn't "win" Iraq until IS took 1/4 of the country and we bombed the shit out of it. Look at Afganistan, look at Syria and Africa. We spend all this time, effort and cash on playing fuck around then get surprised it doesn't work...

Philippine Insurrection worked out fine, but we didn't use any of those tactics in Afghanistan.

We won the one that mattered, against the most powerful nation in the world. ;)

Kidding aside, the Philippines and some of the banana wars. But we've lost the stomach for the long-term investment.

I agree.

Listening to SS Director's hearing at the Capital today. Even AOC is getting in that bitches ass...damn...

What cracks me up about Cheatle is she retired from the USSS and even oversaw the protective details. I also saw where she testified they were still combing through communications to determine why the "guy on the roof" wasn't communicated to law enforcement.

All (USSS, state, and local LEO) of those radio nets are recorded. They should have known within minutes if anything was passed along or not.

People like us hear the BS, the public has to listen to the talking heads.

9 days later and nobody was disciplined, she can't say why the reaction to Roof Napolean took so long, or why the building wasn't inside the protected area...

Back