It is better not to attack Iran...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs all over the ME sympathize with Palestinians a great deal.

That is why Palestinian who live in those Arab countries are kept in camps and not allow to integrate with their host society. I guess you missed what happened in Black September. While they give support to the Palestinians, they do not want the Palestinians in their own country. One of the best unifying forces for the Arab countries have been their hatred for Israel not love for the Palestinians. It gets more comical when you factor the Iranians into the mess.

Arab people care/sympathise with Palestinians, since they are Arabs and Muslims. Control of Palestine (Jerusalem) has been a cause of war since the first Crusade. What governments do with their foreign policy, is in most - if not all- cases, not a matter of principle, or care, but of appearances, conditions and interests.

The fact that Arab people care about Palestine, and the religius background of the parties involved, can even get another Arab government reluctantly involved, because it cannot appear or afford to be indifferent, for vatious (internal/external) reasons

That is why Palestinian who live in those Arab countries are kept in camps and not allow to integrate with their host society. I guess you missed what happened in Black September. While they give support to the Palestinians, they do not want the Palestinians in their own country. One of the best unifying forces for the Arab countries have been their hatred for Israel not love for the Palestinians. It gets more comical when you factor the Iranians into the mess.
I guess I agree with that then.

It seems as though the Saudi government has some concerns about Tehran's intentions. Clearing airspace for Israeli bombers would be a clear indicator of those concerns. Saudi does not believe that the presence of religious sites will deter Tehran from striking Israel should they procure a nuclear capability. The rest of the world should follow suit.

No Arab country gives a damn about the Palestinians. Arabs only care about their religious interests in the area. As Hollis already mentioned, this is clear in the outcome of Black September.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3765304...t/saudis-clear-israel-bomb-iran/#.Txx6XyO5L8A

Yes, they are Arabs. Did you read the link I posted?
Didn't see it before, but I just read it.

In the interest of objectivity, I would say that the Palestinian diaspora placed a heavy burden on the surrounding states. I don't think the reasons put forth by the Jordanian government are completely baseless. The influx of refugees certainly places a large strain on the country, both financially and culturally.

I'd say, overall, that the Arab nations surrounding Israel have a multitude of reasons to want the Palestinian refugees out of their countries. Certainly those reasons include no great love for the large group of refugees and an equal amount of dislike towards the Israelis, as you've stated, but also the complications that come with millions of immigrating refugees play a part in the attitude of the Jordanian and Lebanese governments towards the Palestinian refugees.

This has to be one of the biggest crocks I have heard in years, I currently live in and have lived in or visited all arab countries and all Palestenians are integrated with their host society. The only one is Egypt, which maintains a refugee camp. Jordan has the largest Palestanian population who are well integrated into society.

Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs all over the ME sympathize with Palestinians a great deal.
Negative, Most if not all GCC citizens despise the Palestenians since they turned on Kuwaitis in 1990 to join Saddam. They are looked at as parasites by most arabs. Just speaking from fact

It seems as though the Saudi government has some concerns about Tehran's intentions. Clearing airspace for Israeli bombers would be a clear indicator of those concerns. Saudi does not believe that the presence of religious sites will deter Tehran from striking Israel should they procure a nuclear capability. The rest of the world should follow suit.

No Arab country gives a damn about the Palestinians. Arabs only care about their religious interests in the area. As Hollis already mentioned, this is clear in the outcome of Black September.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3765304...t/saudis-clear-israel-bomb-iran/#.Txx6XyO5L8A
Thank you sir

Negative, Most if not all GCC citizens despise the Palestenians since they turned on Kuwaitis in 1990 to join Saddam. They are looked at as parasites by most arabs. Just speaking from fact
And the Arabs in the Levant?

This has to be one of the biggest crocks I have heard in years, I currently live in and have lived in or visited all arab countries and all Palestenians are integrated with their host society. The only one is Egypt, which maintains a refugee camp. Jordan has the largest Palestanian population who are well integrated into society.

And lebanon. Jordan probably resolved that issue in 1970, about 1/6 live in camps. The PLO then shifted to Lebanon, where they are deprived of basic rights. Most famous is the city of Damour. Then we have Kuwait who expelled some 450,000 Palestinians in 1991. The Arab league has instructed it's member states to deny citizenship to Palestinian refugees.

IIRC they are the only people who by the UN are perpetual refugees.

BTW the post following the one I quote, seems to contradict this quote of yours.

And lebanon. Jordan probably resolved that issue in 1970, about 1/6 live in camps. The PLO then shifted to Lebanon, where they are deprived of basic rights. Most famous is the city of Damour. Then we have Kuwait who expelled some 450,000 Palestinians in 1991. The Arab league has instructed it's member states to deny citizenship to Palestinian refugees.

IIRC they are the only people who by the UN are perpetual refugees.

BTW the post following the one I quote, seems to contradict this quote of yours.
But why were 450,000 Palestenians deported from Kuwait in 1990-1991? Because most if not all started killing Kuwaiti's, helping the Iraqi's detain Kuwaiti Military Officers, Police, etc after all what the Kuwaiti people did for them.

I can see where you think my last post contradicts this one, but its not a contradiction in any way. GCC citizens do despise Palestenians however Palestenians are allowed to work in these countries under strict rules and observation. Most live freely, but they are watched carefully.

Speaking of contradictions... lol

I can see where you think my last post contradicts this one, but its not a contradiction in any way. GCC citizens do despise Palestenians however Palestenians are allowed to work in these countries under strict rules and observation. Most live freely, but they are watched carefully.

Hey guys.... read this... LOL...

"...in our view, nuclear weapons never have been the issue. Instead, the issue has been the development of an Iranian sphere of influence following the withdrawal of the United States from Iraq..."

more

"...This is a historic opportunity for Iran. It is the first moment in which no outside power is in a direct position to block Iran militarily or politically. Whatever the pain of sanctions, trading that moment for lifting the sanctions would not be rational. The threat of Iranian influence is the problem, and Iran would not trade that influence for an end to sanctions..."

Agree?....

By George Friedman - STRATFOR - Considering a US - Iranian Deal

First part, no I don't agree. A nuclear Iran is one of the greatest threats to stability in our time. Not only is there the existential threat to Israel and the possibility probability of a nuclear exchange between the two countries, there is also the chance of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists, especially Iran's Islamist proxies. And if that weren't enough, a nuclear Shi'ite Iran would most likely spawn an arms race with Sunni Saudi Arabia and maybe several other countries following suit. And if that happens, then it is only a matter of time before we start seeing mushroom clouds over Western cities.

Second part, yes I agree. Sanctions aren't seeming to have a major effect on Iran's behavior, and if there is anything that North Korea and Libya have taught the world it's "If you have nukes, no intervention. Give up your WMD program, say bye-bye to your regime." I think the only thing that would really cause Iran to abandon its nuclear program is a major revolution or a foreign invasion. I'm not sure which is less likely at this point, it doesn't seem that either is going to happen.

." I think the only thing that would really cause Iran to abandon its nuclear program is a major revolution or a foreign invasion. I'm not sure which is less likely at this point, it doesn't seem that either is going to happen.

Foreign invasion? Even for a coalition led by the US, this would be Iraq on steroids and in a very different landscape. Already posted this Stratfor link in another post, but I think it goes to the core of this issue. "The Geopolitics of Iran: Holding the Center of a Mountain Fortress".

How about organised subversion, on a large scale maybe? Coupled with surgical/covert strikes to delay/derail their nuclear program?

I think that's what we have going on right now, and it doesn't seem to be working.

And if that weren't enough, a nuclear Shi'ite Iran would most likely spawn an arms race with Sunni Saudi Arabia and maybe several other countries following suit. And if that happens, then it is only a matter of time before we start seeing mushroom clouds over Western cities.
Do you think this for really?... uhm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back