Just picked up my Remington 700 :D

More pictures:
IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

IMG_7194.jpg

Love my 700. I'm about 800 rounds away from a new barrel, though.
The .308 is an addictive round.

Thanks. I still haven't gotten the chance to put rounds down range though... I'm going to have to drive down to FT. Bragg to get the space necessary to let my girl shine. :(

Update: I finally received the ten round magazine and baseplate adapter in the mail today. I ordered the part from midway USA on Dec 29th 2008. Obviously the shipping time was NOT impressive to say the least. Unfortunately, shipping time is the least of my worries.

In order for the baseplate to properly fit the stock, I had to use a file and shave a good portion of material away from my $1000 stock. It was the proper part for my particular rifle, even though the stock had to be modified in order for the magazine release to function. Having to shave my $1000 stock did not give me warm fuzzy feelings, too bad that isn't the worst part either.

The Midway USA ten round magazine adapter, when fully loaded, takes around 20 - 25 lbs of force to push the bolt forward due to the magazine spring pressing against the rounds. The rounds intern press against the bolt. That is understandable and somewhat expected, only it continues being difficult until you get down to your last three rounds. It is also this spring that causes yet another problem; As you pull the bolt to the rear and begin pushing it forward, as soon as the round clears the feed lips of the magazine, the spring forces the front of it to slam into the top of the breach, creating a dint in the round. As I'm sure most of you know, any imperfections in the bullet itself will cause extremely poor accuracy at long distances. The spring causing the round to slam into the breach also causes the back end of the round to slip out of the bolt and wedge itself underneath it. Not only does this effectively cause you to work the bolt twice for a single round, it could also easily cause an accidental discharge if the bolt is worked hard enough in rapid secession. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the purposes of having a ten round magazine is to have a large amount of ammunition if "rapid fire" becomes necessary.

Basically, DO NOT buy the ten round magazine adapter from Midway USA unless you want the possibility of your rifle blowing up in your face to come with it.

End of rant.

IS64,
I believe that component is from Badger Ordinance. You should contact them to see if this is a 'normal' problem, and what the fix is. If they tell you 'that is how it works.. I would send it back.

my .02

That is such a great paint job, I had to come back the thread and see it again. WELL DONE! My eyes are green with envy and it has nothing to do with being the day after St. Patrick's Day. :D

Update: I FINALLY got my baby out to the rage for the first time today!!! The rifle performed exactly as expected, as did the ten round magazine. It will be returned promptly. Eye candy from down range:

My 25 yard zero:
IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

My buddy:
IMG_0150.jpg

Me
emailvccsedu.jpg

Sweet rig! I like the case also. Looks like a pretty decent (indoor?) range. :)
I'm anxious for the future Bragg report.
:cool:

Thanks. It's actually an outdoor range with cinderblock walls and concrete "sound baffles" It was a nice range if I say so myself.

Back