Karzai Says...

It's from Wikipedia, but it's pretty interesting if it's true:

When I saw the talk of Massoud here I also went and read that page. After reading it all the only thing I have to say is seriously, fuck Pakistan. Again if it is all true. Massoud would have been a great ally, atleast if you compare him to P'Stan IMO.

I saw where that shitbird president (Karzai) was slamming the US photos of dead bodies...and typically ignored the Afghans in the photos.

Horrible puppet. Bad service. F++. Would not buy again.

Massoud was a outstanding and capable military commander. As a politician it's negligable. He was receiving up to the day he was assassinated support from Russia and Iran, so you could see that as a win or loss had he became president. He might have been able to placate both countries to his side and maybe reduce animosity towards US forces there with their cooperation, or he might have sold out and asked them to be his allies and not the US. He was a man of honor and integrity, and hated the Taliban and Pakistan. Those two alone put him high in my book. At the very least he would have had the balls to basically say fuck you to Pakistan instead of getting on his knees like Karzai is doing. Doesn't matter anyhow, we're peace out of there before too long, long term we'll see what happens. Short of oil being discovered there the place will likely be like it was in the 90's in the international scale, "afghanistan? is that still going on?" to quote George H.W. Bush.

I'm going to concede this one, mostly because while I still hold my opinion I don't think I can frankly be arsed finding good sources :p

Back