Larry Vickers' Case

AWP

SOF Support
I didn't think I'd ever see this one...I kind of surprised this was the first I'd heard of the case.

North Carolina and North Dakota Police Chiefs and Federal Firearms Licensees Indicted for Conspiracy to Illegally Acquire Machineguns and Other Firearms

A federal grand jury has returned an indictment charging five defendants with a conspiracy to illegally acquire machineguns and other regulated firearms. Charged in the indictment, which was unsealed yesterday are: Sean Reidpath Sullivan, age 38, of Gambrills, Maryland; Larry Allen Vickers, age 60, of Charlotte, North Carolina; James Christopher Tafoya, age 45, of Albuquerque, New Mexico; Matthew Jeremy Hall, age 53, of Four Oaks, North Carolina; and James Sawyer, age 50, of Ray, North Dakota.

Vickers also pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to violate U.S. sanctions against a foreign firearms manufacturer between July 2014 and March 2021, in the Southern District of Florida.

Vickers faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate federal law regulating firearms and a maximum of 20 years in federal prison for conspiracy to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. U.S. District Judge Julie R. Rubin has not yet scheduled sentencing for Vickers.

This has been hot news on some other forums to which I belong, and in the news locally given he is close to here and some of the other defendants are from NC.

I know diddly squat about the nuances of FFL laws, and it reads like he was guilty of some technicalities. I understand with his plea he will not be able to own any firearms. I have no clue what his actual punishment will be, I do hope he stays out of prison.

I have had several of his classes and really hate this for him.

Thousands upon thousands of illegal glock switches and lightning links, many of which were used in crimes from murders to armed burglary's yet this is who they go after who never once used one in any crime. I really do not feel safer here to be extremely blunt.

Our government's priorities are pants on head retarded and ass backwards.

Did he break the law? I don't know.

The press release addresses third parties, but not if those third parties were criminals...so I have to think they were not.

Let's say laws were broken, and I'm skeptical of some of the claims, this wasn't some grand conspiracy to arm gang bangers or turn a profit. This stuff went into private collections.

And of allllll the talk about "ghost guns" and the gun violence on kids and everything else under the BATFE-IEIO's purview, THIS was a concern? This warranted agents in BALTIMORE...BALTIMORE to spend time digging into this heinous crime? The IRS? (Known bastion of protecting the rights of average citizens)

Really? And this case popped up on their radar HOW? This smells like a "snitch hunt" more than anything. Some CI or (my theory) one of them was popped for an unrelated charge and rolled to save their own ass.

It's just tragic and there's no way we know even half of the story. ATF gonna' ATF...

Just my two cents - but against the current back drop - if there was a REAL crime taking place, that shit would have been leaked all over the news to make sure the court of public opinion was getting their marching orders on where and when to protest - since we cant have a troubled aging over trained overly patriotic gun nut with numerous trips overseas - wandering around unpunished.
...AND he is a US military veteran?

Pfft - guilty

If he was actually "trafficking guns" - that shit would be all over the national network news. Instead, it sounds like he was using loop holes in the system to better enjoy the benefits extended to him in the 2nd Amendment of the Government Granted Bill of Temporary Privileges.

I read the PACER documents. Looks like Larry went too far with trying to get around sanctions by abusing demo letters to obtain unobtainable guns to sell for profit.

Ok, sure, he did that.

Now, will the federal government go after Hunter Biden, or fast and furious, or leaving weapons in Astan that are probably being used against us and Israel?

No, they won't. 2 tiered justice system.

In addition, these gun laws are unconstitutional and should be illegitimate.

Damn, used to watch a lot of his videos, really respected his service and professionalsm. Always wanted to take a course but will never have that chance now.

Also, whats a demo letter? And it says sanctions? What good gun manufacturing country are we sanctioning?

Damn, used to watch a lot of his videos, really respected his service and professionalsm. Always wanted to take a course but will never have that chance now.

Also, whats a demo letter? And it says sanctions? What good gun manufacturing country are we sanctioning?

Russia. According to the case, he was negotiating with Kalashnikov.

Damn... I assume he's got plenty of scratch from his courses and youtube, plus gear sales and endorsements. Use his connections to get auto rifles and sell them, have no clue how that works, but i know they keep class 3 at a very limited supply.

I read the PACER documents. Looks like Larry went too far with trying to get around sanctions by abusing demo letters to obtain unobtainable guns to sell for profit.

Yeah, it kind of draws attention when the letters are signed by the chief of a one-man police department.

I wonder what made him think this was a good idea. Maybe the cancer care was expensive enough to make him need the money.

A demo letter is a document issued by a police department saying, essentially, "My police department wants to evaluate the Master Auto Blaster 2000 for possible purchase and use by our cops. Please get one and bring it by the office so we can finger fuck it."

These letters were used to support the importation and acquisition of weapons that would otherwise be illegal.

A demo letter is a document issued by a police department saying, essentially, "My police department wants to evaluate the Master Auto Blaster 2000 for possible purchase and use by our cops. Please get one and bring it by the office so we can finger fuck it."

These letters were used to support the importation and acquisition of weapons that would otherwise be illegal.

So, essentially allowing cops to use guns us peons are not allowed to have?

Yes a lot of constables in KY use the program.

Funny you say that. Part of my job as a paramedic for the Township I work was verifying that the PD med bags/AEDs were good to go, monthly. I'd have access with cops to their sector SUVs.

One cop I know had his rifle bag there, I asked what AR he had. It was a nice one, suppressed, department allows it.

I asked if he paid his tax stamp, his response, we don't need to pay that. I'm not sure if he's fucking around or if that's the case. If it is the case, it proves my point.

Back