That is one way to get to ride on a helicopter...

Chopstick

Verified Estrogen Brigade
I dont know why I didnt this of this sooner!

Man Indicted for Falsely Pretending to be a General Officer in the U.S. Army

Man Indicted for Falsely Pretending to be a General Officer in the U.S. Army

RALEIGH – Robert J. Higdon, Jr., United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, announces that a federal grand jury in Raleigh has returned an indictment charging CHRISTIAN GERALD DESGROUX, age 57, of Raleigh, with pretending to be a United States Army Lieutenant General engaged in transporting a person for a classified briefing and under such guise having asserted authority to land a helicopter at Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) headquarters, located in Cary, North Carolina – all in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 912.
If convicted of this charge DESGROUX would face maximum penalties of 3 years imprisonment, a $250,000 fine, and a term of supervised release following any term of imprisonment.
The charges and allegations contained in the indictments are merely accusations. The defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
The case is being investigated by the Department of Homeland Security and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service. Assistant United States Attorneys Jason Kellhofer and Eleanor Morales are prosecuting the case for the government.

I saw the title of the thread and thought this was going to be about

pinochet.jpg

And instead it's the sequel to Catch Me If You Can, good on him for working towards and achieving his dreams. An inspirational human being.

This is about 20 minutes from where I love. Was huge on the local news. Ballsy thing, though.

Live. And love.

Last edited:
Those that are familiar with this, can you fill in the gaps? Aside from the fact he posed as a Gen. I don't understand exactly what he did or why? He landed a helicopter at SAS HQ but said he was transporting someone? I don't get it.

Those that are familiar with this, can you fill in the gaps? Aside from the fact he posed as a Gen. I don't understand exactly what he did or why? He landed a helicopter at SAS HQ but said he was transporting someone? I don't get it.

Sounds like a bit of a whack job. Claimed to be a general, transporting people to SAS Institute, landed a helo on campus grounds. He is charged with impersonating an army officer. My question, crazy or not, where did he learnt o fly choppers, and how did he get one?

Aside from the article in the news, not much else has been released.

Back