Las Vegas Shooting

What I'd like clarification on is how the HNIC of security for the venue came to any conclusions that didn't involve having stand-by personnel for both EOD and Active Shooter scenarios for a crowd of over 30k people.

That's some serious gross-negligence shit especially considering the existence of increased hostility on public attractions this year.

As of this morning, major media (Fox, CNN, etc.) is saying that it took 7-15 minutes.

For the record, I don't choose to find my info via mainstream media, but it is everywhere around me at work.
Yeah, I saw reports saying firing lasted 9 - 11 minutes. Then I saw reports SWAT entered room 72 minutes after first 911 calls. Just trying to reconcile the discrepancy.

Did he just kill himself after about 10 min or so of firing? If so, why? Was he just out of ammo? Police closing in? Just had enough? The disparity in timelines is interesting.

Yeah, I saw reports saying firing lasted 9 - 11 minutes. Then I saw reports SWAT entered room 72 minutes after first 911 calls. Just trying to reconcile the discrepancy.

Did he just kill himself after about 10 min or so of firing? If so, why? Was he just out of ammo? Police closing in? Just had enough? The disparity in timelines is interesting.

There was reporting that he had emplaced cams on a cart in the hallway to provide early warning detection of first response teams. My understanding is that he took his life during their approach.

What about an MCI? In P.A. we required medcomm to sign off also but I wonder, how would an MCI of this scale affect the commands lines. A medic cannot stop to contact medcomm for every black tag. How does that work for you guys doc?

M.

I always thought that was a bit disingenuous. The doc is miles away and relies on the paramedic’s declaration. That said, in practical terms paramedics pronounce death; we just don’t sign death certificates.

In a MASCAL no way am I calling for every pronouncement or expectant patient.

So what I'm seeing is that firing lasted about 11 minutes.

Reports of shooting start at 10:08 and ended about 10:19. Between that period of time a security guard attempted entry and was shot in the leg.

It is believed that Paddock shot himself shortly after shooting the guard.

Because the shooting had stopped, they believed he was barricaded and waiting for them. Based on their internal triggers they breached at 11:30 and found him dead.

That makes more sense. Another report I heard stated the fire alarms/suppression system on 32nd floor were activated as a result of the smoke generated from the rifles. This supposedly clued police/security in on his location. Not sure how accurate that report is but, again, it makes some sense.

Random thoughts.
Would like to know if the Security Guard was responding to gunfire or the smoke detector signal?

Those idiots happy that a bunch of Trump supporters were shot are missing the corollary to that, i.e. Hillary supporter goes on killing spree. Neither statement really reflects the country's mood.

The "Star Trek" syndrome is really evident, let's wait and see if the suicide note gives clues, and maybe the GF can shed light on this losers motives.

That makes more sense. Another report I heard stated the fire alarms/suppression system on 32nd floor were activated as a result of the smoke generated from the rifles. This supposedly clued police/security in on his location. Not sure how accurate that report is but, again, it makes some sense.
Well, I used to believe that hotels had alarms for their windows since almost no hotel has windows that open unless there's a balcony.

CBS VP (legal) fired for social media comments...people are pretty stupid on social media, you would think a educated professional would stop and think before posting.....especially a lawyer for the company.

"CBS has parted ways with one of the company’s top lawyers after she said she was “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the mass shooting that unfolded in Las Vegas late Sunday night."

CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'

CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

What bothers me about this is it's probably indicative of an unspoken yet not uncommon mindset within much of the media. The country is divided enough to produce these kind of cruel and senseless thoughts. This stupid motherfucker just blurted it out.

A lot of the crime photos were leaked, I'm not going to spend time uploading anything except this one where he seems to have left a note on the table. I would think this will be important to the investigation (or maybe not).

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
Random thoughts.
Would like to know if the Security Guard was responding to gunfire or the smoke detector signal?

Those idiots happy that a bunch of Trump supporters were shot are missing the corollary to that, i.e. Hillary supporter goes on killing spree. Neither statement really reflects the country's mood.

The "Star Trek" syndrome is really evident, let's wait and see if the suicide note gives clues, and maybe the GF can shed light on this losers motives.

Star Trek syndrome? New one on me.

I always thought that was a bit disingenuous. The doc is miles away and relies on the paramedic’s declaration. That said, in practical terms paramedics pronounce death; we just don’t sign death certificates.

In a MASCAL no way am I calling for every pronouncement or expectant patient.
In Nevada under normal circumstances a paramedic cannot declare a person dead

A lot of the crime photos were leaked, I'm not going to spend time uploading anything except this one where he seems to have left a note on the table. I would think this will be important to the investigation (or maybe not).
I saw that as well and thought it could've just as likely been the directions for how to use the tv remote. We'll see.

With the pen being where it is and the note being under the ashtray (presumably to stop it flying away when the windows were broken) my guess is that is in most likelihood a note from him. But what is anybody's guess at this stage.

The leaked photos are now the subject of a new investigation. Someone's head is going to roll.
The security guard was most likely sent up in response to calls from the rooms nearest the shooter. He was in a suite and I believe one of the adjoining suites had one of the performer's nanny and 6 month old baby inside.

Back