Las Vegas Shooting

So far, its appears that the shooter was just detached and didn't care much for other people. He told a neighbor that he put up a privacy fence at his home because he just didn't want to look at people and didn't want people looking at him. In the search for a motive, this may be all you get.

So far, its appears that the shooter was just detached and didn't care much for other people. He told a neighbor that he put up a privacy fence at his home because he just didn't want to look at people and didn't want people looking at him. In the search for a motive, this may be all you get.

You think that mentality comes after his cruises?

I think we should keep looking for connections to ISIS. George Soros also probably played a role. Although in the end I think the most likely thing is this was all part of Jade Helm 2017. 🙄

Sometimes bad people do bad things to good people. It is so easy to project those bad things on entities we find evil, as the thought of one scary guy in the tribe committing some heinous act is too much...

Sometimes though it is just some terrible person with the two things every criminal needs, access and opportunity.

I think we should keep looking for connections to ISIS. George Soros also probably played a role. Although in the end I think the most likely thing is this was all part of Jade Helm 2017. 🙄

Sometimes bad people do bad things to good people. It is so easy to project those bad things on entities we find evil, as the thought of one scary guy in the tribe committing some heinous act is too much...

Sometimes though it is just some terrible person with the two things every criminal needs, access and opportunity.
A headline on all the major news outlets the last couple days has been some variation of, "The Reason Why" or whatever.

People are just unwilling to accept the answer of "There wasn't a motive that we can discern; he wasn't connected to any specific group. He just did it."

Reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight when the Joker talks about people freaking out when there's no plan.

At this point, it seems like John Q. Public would be much more at ease if we just found out that the shooter was a radicalized muslim, or a disenfranchised anti-government loner, or angry an Antifa nut bent on making a point.

A headline on all the major news outlets the last couple days has been some variation of, "The Reason Why" or whatever.

People are just unwilling to accept the answer of "There wasn't a motive that we can discern; he wasn't connected to any specific group. He just did it."

Reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight when the Joker talks about people freaking out when there's no plan.

At this point, it seems like John Q. Public would be much more at ease if we just found out that the shooter was a radicalized muslim, or a disenfranchised anti-government loner, or angry an Antifa nut bent on making a point.
This hits on one explanation for why conspiracy theories are so popular, and may be more prevalent among certain groups: in a world that is chaotic and completely disordered, it's mentally comforting to believe that there's a malignant force acting behind the scenes that can be beaten
Here's Why People Believe In Conspiracy Theories

I think that it shows that he had very little training or understanding of what he was doing other than shooting into a large crowd. Shooting a tank full of jet fuel from 600+ meters away is extremely unlikely to cause an explosion. Jet Fuel isn't particularly flammable. And the fuel air mixture required for combustion is very high.

“A machine gun is not going to blow up a tank of fuel,” Boyd said. “Jet fuel itself sitting there in a big wet pile is very hard to ignite. You have to be a very amateur terrorist to think anything like that.”

Las Vegas Strip shooter targeted aviation fuel tanks, source says

Agree.

If I was going to do that, I'd want .50 cal API.

This hits on one explanation for why conspiracy theories are so popular, and may be more prevalent among certain groups: in a world that is chaotic and completely disordered, it's mentally comforting to believe that there's a malignant force acting behind the scenes that can be beaten
Here's Why People Believe In Conspiracy Theories

Hence why religion is so popular. People want to believe there are things that are just out of their control because some great battle for good and evil is constantly being waged, and that's what causes everything. It's a mental security blanket.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I strongly suspect the motive will never be revealed. I think this guy wanted to create as much chaos as possible before offing himself, take as many people with him as he could.

If we assume he was meticulous, then the kicker to his plan may have been to purposely leave no clues as to motive...a posthumous riddle to confound the living and deny them any closure.

You think that mentality comes after his cruises?

Doubtful. When you’re on a cruise ship, you’re essentially cooped up in a floating city for at least a week, stopping for mere hours at whatever port-of-call you put into. Someone with privacy issues isn’t going to pay $6-15k to sit in a 190sq.ft. cabin and dine on room service the whole time, and especially not multiple times.

Most people get off their cruises feeling better about having seen more of the world. If you come out hating anyone, it’s the stereotypical ugly tourist that seems to pop up every trip.

Doubtful. When you’re on a cruise ship, you’re essentially cooped up in a floating city for at least a week, stopping for mere hours at whatever port-of-call you put into. Someone with privacy issues isn’t going to pay $6-15k to sit in a 190sq.ft. cabin and dine on room service the whole time, and especially not multiple times.

Most people get off their cruises feeling better about having seen more of the world. If you come out hating anyone, it’s the stereotypical ugly tourist that seems to pop up every trip.

With what's out there so far I personally doubt any terrorist connection, but he took a cruise to the Middle East. At this point I guess it's still a possibility. Gambling is another reason one takes a cruise, right?

Ugh. Cruises to the ME seen as a vector for radicalization? If people want to run that down and buy into it, go right ahead. Problem: you know how many thousands of contractors and tens of thousands of expats are here in the ME? But if people want to chase that truck, they will catch a rear tire.

Pages ago I posted about a motive and @The Hate Ape quite rightly reminded that people can be crazy. Batshit, under the radar crazy and we won't know it until something like this happens. We keep seeing quotes about the Dark Knight's Joker and I think those are more appropriate than anything concrete like religion or politics right now.

Ugh. Cruises to the ME seen as a vector for radicalization? If people want to run that down and buy into it, go right ahead. Problem: you know how many thousands of contractors and tens of thousands of expats are here in the ME? But if people want to chase that truck, they will catch a rear tire.

Pages ago I posted about a motive and @The Hate Ape quite rightly reminded that people can be crazy. Batshit, under the radar crazy and we won't know it until something like this happens. We keep seeing quotes about the Dark Knight's Joker and I think those are more appropriate than anything concrete like religion or politics right now.

But just being batshit crazy is boring media.

The note that everyone thought was a suicide/reason-I-did-it note was actually a bunch of calculations for 32nd floor height/bulletdrop/trajectory calculations. Fucker.

The note that everyone thought was a suicide/reason-I-did-it note was actually a bunch of calculations for 32nd floor height/bulletdrop/trajectory calculations.

It sounds like he threw himself his own death/slaying party and paid for it with the blood of innocents. Fuck him and anyone he cared about.

Back