Lat-Mover (Infantry) to MART, BRC

CoolHand

Unverified
Just a quick question as I can't seem to get the straight skinny from the monitor, career planner, or a friend of mine going through the process now.

I'm an 0331 in the process setting up a lat-move package to 0321. My chief concern is that I go to MART before I'm dropped straight into BRC. When I was at Area 52 a couple years back, I distinctly remember NCO's going through MART. However, the situation seems to have changed recently and only non-infantry MOS lat-movers are allowed to attend. Or so it seems.

The impression that I've garnered is that the whole thing is case by case. I don't mean to overreach, but does anyone have any contacts, information, or general intel that could help me out?

Thanks

Do you want to go to MART? It is a great leadership challenge undertaking, and helps to inoculate you to how BRC and RTC are run. I'm sure that if you can get orders to show up early that you could definitely volunteer to be in MART for a few weeks. Give the schoolhouse a call and ask for the extension to the MART office.

Yes, I apologize if I wasn't clear. That is exactly what I want! I want to go to MART first.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize it was as simple as calling the schoolhouse.

I assume that I can find the number on the website...

I'm at MART right now, yeah. There are 3 latmovers here currently. I have the Course Chief's office phone number if you cannot find it.

edit:
I'm coming from 1/4 and another Sergeant here is an SOI instructor, so yeah, you can definitely come over no matter what your MOS is. You might have to do a little leg work with your COC.

Recon appears to be my only option as A&S won't take my grade.

My chief is Force, so naturally he's really getting at me to do this. He spoke to master guns croft @ BRC and got the skinny who also knows my monitor. He's been throwing pool cards at me to get me up to speed for BRC because the last guy he sent, failed the pool eval in the first 2 days lol. He doesn't want to go through that again I'm guessing and he also said I'll need to go to SOI first (i'm not infantry) then MART, then BRC...

I'm interested in the MART perspective from those who have attended.

Teufel said:
Big Daddy Croft is an animal!! He's the real deal.

My MSgt is a pretty inspiring figure, so when he tells me how he called "Big Daddy" for me to get the info on what I need to do for this particular lat move process I must have sat there for at least a minute or two thinking "Who in the f*ck is big daddy"

Just read the .mil lat move policy on the SOI West unit website under RTC.

It states the E5s must have less than 2yrs time in grade. I may be screwed in this department.

And this was a non-infantry lat move into the 21 field?
(infantry/non-infantry may or may not matter)

How long ago was this if you don't mind me asking?

I lat moved to the infantry 3 years ago, and I got approved for lat move to 21 in May of this year.

Back