Lone Survivor the Movie

All I can think when I look at the guy in the aviators is a college student (the majority, unlike me and other veterans) is "Dude check it out, I'm like totally holding a gun and shit...." which makes me wish that if God existed, he should send a sniper ASAP.

I looked him up. He's 20. He's probably pretty stoked to be standing beside Eric Bana playing a Navy SEAL and making, I assume, a bunch of money.

Just came out a few hours ago. It looks like it has potential. At least Wahlberg seems to have covered up the Boston accent at least. I will be seeing it.

***mod edit***

Threads merged and your video was deleted as it was already here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that there will be some 'hating' involved. Why not since the "SEAL" thingy is kinda saturating the media nowwa days.
Still it it makes the famillies of the fallen happy, I'm happy.

20 Marines killed prior to Operation Red Wings? Wildly incorrect. I can see that this movie isn't going to trouble itself to be even remotely accurate. I'm not going to see it. This is a story that needs to be told but you taint the truth when you try to sell a story as entertainment. What happened is "entertaining" enough, there is no need to church it up and create fiction.

Wanna like it and hope the movie does them right but, based on the trailer, I'm not feelin' it.

P.S. Marky Mark has embarrassingly weak facial hair.

Last edited:
I hope the Russian dude setting up the cam for me to "borrow" this, holds the fucker still and makes sure to yell down in front. Otherwise, I'm not paying to not see the complete true story.

Back