MKD Knives Combat Bowie WIP

My Knife is N690Co with DLC surface treatment, I had many knives, all with rust probs except this.. but if CPM S35VN is better, well, I'd buy one...
Honestly Mike, if it's corrosion resistance youre looking for you need to check out Bohler Vanax. Or even Bohler ELMAX. Both of these steels are more corrosion resistant than N690Co (which is also made by Bohler) and S35VN. I am really likeing ELMAX and I will be using this steel alot. I believe it has a slight advantage over S35VN in edge retention, toughness, and corrosion resistance. But do your own research and never take a knife maker's word for it. I love S35VN and it is truly a super steel but Bohler is really coming out with some good stuff to compete with all the CPM steels.

Honestly Mike, if it's corrosion resistance youre looking for you need to check out Bohler Vanax. Or even Bohler ELMAX. Both of these steels are more corrosion resistant than N690Co (which is also made by Bohler) and S35VN. I am really likeing ELMAX and I will be using this steel alot. I believe it has a slight advantage over S35VN in edge retention, toughness, and corrosion resistance. But do your own research and never take a knife maker's word for it. I love S35VN and it is truly a super steel but Bohler is really coming out with some good stuff to compete with all the CPM steels.
What can I do to buy one of your knives Gary?

Well right now I am accepting new borns and midgets...

Actually contact me through meltonknifeanddesign@yahoo.com and we can put somethign together for you.

How do you know that I am a midget?... I never posted here pics of my cock...

Ok Gary I'll send you e-mail

018.jpg

Well right now I am accepting new borns and midgets...

Actually contact me through meltonknifeanddesign@yahoo.com and we can put somethign together for you.

Then why did you make me bring over that pygmy girraffe dyed pink and a cooler of redbull....:-| I do believe you are losing it bro... just keep making great knives... we can deal with your psych issues later.

Today I was able to get a little work done. Here I drill the holes for the handle then relieve them with the countersink. This is done because during heat treat the sharp 90 that is created can cause stress and cracking. Any 90 that is not a outer edge needs to be rounded to reduce stress.
Drill Bowie.JPG Relieving CB.JPG
Here I have roughed out and drilled the handles. The handles on the Combat Bowie are Black Canvas Micarta. The handles on the Bravo Smash are Terra Tuff. Jeesh.. the Bravo Smash is no small knife but it looks like your grandpa's pocket knife sitting next to the Combat Bowie..... Ahhhh.. I think I have a tear of pride rolling down my cheek.
rough handles correct.jpg

I then take it to the horizontal grinder and dress everything up nice and neat and make it perty..More to come!!
nice handle bowie.JPG

Ok.. because of so many orders on the Bravo Smash I have taken it off Sale on the website but will continue the 289.00 price for all Shadow Spear members! Thanks!

Yeah I was actually lying when I said that too!! I cant help it... the truth is just not in me.. or am I lying now!!? Hard to tell.

Well you are an SF mofo and a friend of the Troll, so it's taken as a given on this board that you are a dodgy fucker.
Mike is Italian so his comprehension of the English language may have fooled him into believing you weren't a bastige.

Operation Troll Rescue goes into effect tomorrow... hopefully Gary did not put the poor boy on the rack like he told me... I may get the Troll back in quarters:(

The photo above is not me... the beard is too thick and the hair too long... The axes are nice though... Gary, make me an axe or a tomahawk, please.

Mike is Italian so his comprehension of the English language may have fooled him into believing you weren't a bastige.
...bastige... bastige.,.. oh god... american slang....LOL
My .02c are coordinates for naval battle? (failed... anyway)
The photo above is not me... the beard is too thick and the hair too long... The axes are nice though... Gary, make me an axe or a tomahawk, please.
Gary, thank godness I have not posted the elf pic... or the Troll asked you to make him a bow...

So I was able to get a little work done today. Got the handles shaped up to about 95%, still have a little finish work to do. Need to take care of a few scratches here and there on the blade then we go ahead and make the sheath. After that we'll be ready for heat treat and then cryo. This is the first time I have used spacer material and I thought it would look good on this knife. I try to stay away from things that are purely asthetic but.. hell it looks good and this is a classy knife that will kill the shit out of some stuff... I would be getting more done today but the Troll is on his way over so I have been child proofing the shop.. I mean cooking meat and stuff..;).CB Handle R.JPGCB Handle L.JPGCB Handle linder b.JPGCB handle Line Top.JPG

Enjoy!

Ignore Opie's comments about child proofing...

DO NOT IGNORE THIS KNIFE, actually, you can't ignore ths knife, it has it's own friggin zip code.
...but it is well balanced (unlike it's designer/maker) ... and very comfortable in the hand. The base stock of the blade and tang is about a 1/4" thick and 2" deep of CPM S-35VN ... it dwarfs the Bravo-Smash and makes the Yarborough look like an Applegate-Fairbairn (No shit, the blade on the Combat Bowie is that deep) . You could hammer on the spine of this thing with a small sledgehammer and probably ruin the sledgehammer before you deformed the blade. You can chop down very large trees (or Ranger Psych on a rampage) with this blade ...think of being hit with a steel bar 1 foot long, 1/4" thick and 2" wide... :eek:... then shape it for balance and sharpen it:-|...
Crocodile Dundee --:mad::mad: would pass out if he imagined this knife, he would cry, pout and wimper, all the while saying, "I thought I had the knife, but I don't."

I comes in smaller sizes: for Crocodile Dundee, other Aussies, kiwis, the French, Italians, Rangers and a really small one for Pardus, Mad Mike PB and Chop.

Order now for your Christmas giving, even if it's for yourself.

Mad Mike... haha sounds good... so, to confirm that I'll order one...

Too late D.I.C.K. I already ordered mine! Thats right bitches.....Me gots the first (well at least the first one sold):-|.

TEXAS, everything is bigger in TEXAS, or we import it into TEXAS!:thumbsup:
I really can't wait to go stab a car, chop down a tree, kill a family of five with my new MKD combat bowie.... Just saying!;)

Back