MoH to be awarded to SOCM Slabinski

And then there is this. Didn’t DOD say they couldn’t give Peralta the MOH because it could be controversial given the evidence? DE5B1BE8-82B4-4798-A97B-37678D42457E.jpeg

Last edited:
It's super awesome that we've now reached a point point where MoH receipents are openly attacked. :thumbsdown:

It's very unusual for an enlisted man or NCO to get the MOH without having been wounded. I would go so far as to say it's kind of unusual for an enlisted person or NCO to get a Navy Cross without getting wounded. The recipient is usually also credited with saving some lives by his "courageous actions." He didn't save Chapman. He didn't even check his pulse

This was shoved through the system by NSW.

Last edited:
It's super awesome that we've now reached a point point where MoH receipents are openly attacked. :thumbsdown:

Lol. Because it's so sacrosanct that they are automatically immune from criticism? Come on man. This is deserved, and I like that Newsweek did what they did. NSW needs someone to hold them accountable, because they damn sure don't do it themselves.

It's very unusual for an enlisted man or NCO to get the MOH without having been wounded. I would go so far as to say it's kind of unusual for an enlisted person or NCO to get a Navy Cross without getting wounded. The recipient is usually also credited with saving some lives by his "courageous actions." He didn't save Chapman. He didn't even check his pulse

This was shoved through the system by NSW.

He crawled over what he thought was Chappy and checked him. He more than likely found Roberts but thought it was Chappy. Seeing he wasn't breathing they escaped off that mountain with severely wounded other command members.

Last edited:
I think this is one sided evidence. Both services probably blocked each other’s MOH award. As I understand the story, one couldn’t get the MOH if both narratives were true..

Also, observations or opinions that come during stress can’t literally be taken for fact. People don’t interpret things correctly under stress. He probably thought he was dead. Do you think he was just like, “f that dude, I’m out.” I really doubt it. Ask someone to say the ABCs during a gun fight, ain’t going to happen.

I think this is one sided evidence. Both services probably blocked each other’s MOH award. As I understand the story, one couldn’t get the MOH if both narratives were true..

Also, observations or opinions that come during stress can’t literally be taken for fact. People don’t interpret things correctly under stress. He probably thought he was dead. Do you think he was just like, “f that dude, I’m out.” I really doubt it. Ask someone to say the ABCs during a gun fight, ain’t going to happen.

How is it one sided evidence?

As to the second paragraph, I think if it had been another SEAL he wouldn't have been so quick to make a judgment. I don't see what your point is with the little ABCs anecdote. I would like to think a senior NCO from a JSOC unit has some awareness in a gunfight.

How is it one sided evidence?

As to the second paragraph, I think if it had been another SEAL he wouldn't have been so quick to make a judgment. I don't see what your point is with the little ABCs anecdote. I would like to think a senior NCO from a JSOC unit has some awareness in a gunfight.

How many gun fights had he been in?

You mean like this? Dakota Meyer, a Marine who disregarded orders, is awarded Medal of Honor

I'm not really sure. We stopped being besties awhile back.

I understand, I’m not for one side or the other. I said originally BOTH services blocked awards. I think we put members of JSOC on a very high level and forget sometimes that they are human. People make mistakes. Wasn’t @Teufel that said something about war being ugly and unpredictable.

Say what you want about Robert O’Neill but in his book he talks about meeting Neil C. Roberts and thinking of what a monster he was and how much he looked up to him. But later talked about how all the SEALs were talked up but had never seen any combat, pre-9/11.

I think both men are patriots that did what they thought was right, and both deserve the award.

People make mistakes. War is ugly and unpredictable. It doesn’t mean everyone deserves the highest medal in the land.

People make mistakes. War is ugly and unpredictable. It doesn’t mean everyone deserves the highest medal in the land.

I agree, there’s probably a bunch of guys that deserve awards. But I don’t think that means both men don’t deserve it.

Back