National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

It's about as accurate a narrative as the "the guys he shot were violent pedophile felons" narrative going around.

I don't give a damn about anything someone did prior to this incident, unless it was literally "I cant wait to shoot those subhuman commies" or "I can wait to light a fascist fuck on fire".

All that matters is what happened to lead to the shooting, and the shooting itself.

How far prior to the shoot do you consider important?
Antifa/BLM are making throwing incendiaries, that is part of the timeline, weather 30 sec prior or 24 hr prior. Not burning everything down in the days prior may have changed the actions of everyone involved.
Likewise his criminal past would be evidence of a violent nature, that demonstrated itself the night he used the "n-word" against black people, and dared someone to shoot him.

How far prior to the shoot do you consider important?
Antifa/BLM are making throwing incendiaries, that is part of the timeline, weather 30 sec prior or 24 hr prior. Not burning everything down in the days prior may have changed the actions of everyone involved.
Likewise his criminal past would be evidence of a violent nature, that demonstrated itself the night he used the "n-word" against black people, and dared someone to shoot him.

Pulling up charges someone may or may not have had from 5-20 years ago for an excuse to preemptively attack them is just as valid as digging into the kids facebook and trying to show he was a jr cadet and "hopeful cop" to project that he wanted to be a vigilante; it doesn't really hold water for me.

That video of the guy yelling "shoot me n****a" is definitely part of what I'd consider important info; any other videos of those involved around the timeline would be valid too.

Pulling up charges someone may or may not have had from 5-20 years ago for an excuse to preemptively attack them is just as valid as digging into the kids facebook and trying to show he was a jr cadet and "hopeful cop" to project that he wanted to be a vigilante; it doesn't really hold water for me.

I agree. What'll be interesting to see is 'how far back' each side--Wood and the DA--are willing to go and if the judge is going to rule in favor/against one over the other. I think in some cases attorneys are given latitude based on past patterns of behavior.

As of 3 JUN, 13 people had died during the "protests" [riots]. https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0200603-xrc3akhpn5bbvehumr7v2z2com-story.html

Deaths in the CHOP: Another Fatal Shooting in Seattle’s ‘CHOP’ Protest Zone

Deaths in Louisville and other shootings from protests: 1 Dead After Man Shoots Into Crowd at Breonna Taylor Protest Site
In July from the Not Fucking Around Coalition. Three Injured as Rival Armed Militias Converge on Louisville

The specific number I got was now that I think of it was 32, when you include the two in Kenosha. Sourcing that from TimCast.

As of 3 JUN, 13 people had died during the "protests" [riots]. These are the 13 people who have died since George Floyd protests started last week

Deaths in the CHOP: Another Fatal Shooting in Seattle’s ‘CHOP’ Protest Zone

Deaths in Louisville and other shootings from protests: 1 Dead After Man Shoots Into Crowd at Breonna Taylor Protest Site
In July from the Not Fucking Around Coalition. Three Injured as Rival Armed Militias Converge on Louisville

The specific number I got was now that I think of it was 32, when you include the two in Kenosha. Sourcing that from TimCast.
Thanks!

If the author's quotes at the end are true (that the kid really said this, and he himself heard it), it kinds blows murder 1 out of the water. Not saying there may not be a thousand other valid charges.
The kid said it, it's a part of the earlier interview that he did that is mentioned in some of the writeups. It's on video.

Prosecutors in George Floyd's case say that they'll seek an "upward departure" in sentencing if any of the officers are convicted. Here's their argument:
IMG_20200828_161304.jpg

Prosecutors in George Floyd's case say that they'll seek an "upward departure" in sentencing if any of the officers are convicted. Here's their argument:
View attachment 35539

I didn't even know that was a thing before this post.

Upward departure means departure that effects a sentence greater than a sentence that could be imposed under the applicable guideline range or a sentence that is otherwise greater than the guideline sentence. "Depart upward" means grant an upward departure.

Upward departure | legal definition of Upward departure by Law Insider.

Last edited:
I didn't even know that was a thing before this post.

Upward departure means departure that effects a sentence greater than a sentence that could be imposed under the applicable guideline range or a sentence that is otherwise greater than the guideline sentence. "Depart upward" means grant an upward departure.

Upward departure | legal definition of Upward departure by Law Insider.
Good thing MN isn’t a death penalty state, otherwise I’m certain the prosecutors would try their damndest to get all four sentenced to die.

ETA: I believe it would be an unsuccessful attempt to sentence them to death, if it were an option.

Back