National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Coming to a city near me:

In Durham, unarmed responders will answer 911 calls for those having a mental health crisis :: WRAL.com

Do I think this can work? IF the call screener and telecommunicator input is thorough enough, IF they can semi-guarantee LE back-up, IF they can ensure safety for both the responder as well as the caller, then yes.
They supposedly implemented this a year ago in Minneapolis. Complete failure by all measures so far. Aside for a bumbled rollout, they're often not available during times of need. I've seen reports of call for service only to have officers be told the "social workers" don't start until 9am. Or none are available, etc.

It's simply another program introduced by the good idea fairy, who's brainchilds aren't truly grounded in logic or reality.

In Durham, unarmed responders will answer 911 calls for those having a mental health crisis :: WRAL.com

Do I think this can work? IF the call screener and telecommunicator input is thorough enough, IF they can semi-guarantee LE back-up, IF they can ensure safety for both the responder as well as the caller, then yes.

Too many “ifs” for me. The biggest “if” is the unpredictability of people in the midst of an emotional or mental crisis. 0 to 60 in a cocaine heartbeat.

Not an exact match for this thread, but didn't want to start a new one:

California sheriff 'infuriated' by release of drug traffickers caught with 150,000 fentanyl pills

To sum up, California cops busted drug traffickers with 150,000 fentanyl pills. The judge in the case ordered them released without bail prior to trial. 1) released??? 2) without bail??? 3) without informing the arresting department??

Wow.
Not to take this lightly...but maybe the Judge should look around to see who votes in their community. Because shit like won't be tolerated by the good people of Tulare. I suspect the Sheriff will be filing a bar complaint against the Judge.

But hey, liberals wanted bail reform and shit. Well bail reform just means more criminals on the street. 🤷‍♂️
Y'all ever wonder who funds the political campaigns of these 'activist' judges? Might be the tinfoil, but pretty sure we've been seeing a lot of dangerous social elements being released into society by bureaucrats, who seem to share very similar social circles.

Y'all ever wonder who funds the political campaigns of these 'activist' judges? Might be the tinfoil, but pretty sure we've been seeing a lot of dangerous social elements being released into society by bureaucrats, who seem to share very similar social circles.
Judges in California are appointees. And uh since we haven't really had a Republican in forever...I know what ilk they belong to.

Judges in California are appointees. And uh since we haven't really had a Republican in forever...I know what ilk they belong to.
Oh agreed, the cat is very much outta the bag there. I was just putting out that if anyone did a kinship or social diagram on these people, it would be interesting to see who else might turn up.

I think the decay we're seeing California has deeper roots, than just the homegrown useful idiots in the state and DC.

I spoke with a British social worker who told me that she is the first responder to calls like this, though there is a cop there. She does the knocking and the talking, the cop is just her backup if things go sideways. I can see value in it if done properly, but it still raises my eyebrows.

Dear NYPD/America,

Because the fitness test is too difficult, is not the reason qualified candidates are not applying to be cops anymore.

The cops that you do have remaining better hope that backup only needs to leap a chain-link fence and not a brick wall.

NYPD makes fitness tests easier after increased retirements

Fuck me, I just cannot wrap my head around the decision makers of this world anymore.

To be fair I've always thought that runs other than sprints or shorter distances could probably be replaced by something more appropriate to today's policing. It seems like a relic from the past.

To be fair I've always thought that runs other than sprints or shorter distances could probably be replaced by something more appropriate to today's policing. It seems like a relic from the past.
Like a three rep Bronco? People would complain about that. A two mile run ain't no relic. It's great for knowing "general fitness". But I'd definitely be up for something even more strenuous. 😅

I spoke with a British social worker who told me that she is the first responder to calls like this, though there is a cop there. She does the knocking and the talking, the cop is just her backup if things go sideways. I can see value in it if done properly, but it still raises my eyebrows.

I can see it working in the UK, but not here. Plenty of unhinged people on both sides of the Pond. But here…guns.

Last edited:
Like a three rep Bronco? People would complain about that. A two mile run ain't no relic. It's great for knowing "general fitness". But I'd definitely be up for something even more strenuous. 😅

Yeah it's fine for testing cardio but 1. How does that relate to being able to grapple an offender, 2. relate to wearing a stab vest all day 3. to the day to day job? You could make that argument for the walls too in fairness but I'd counter they're a reasonable agility test.

The wooden wall is like 70/30 technique/strength too. The NYPD might have had better results if they'd tell people that? I don't know what they've been doing though.

Perhaps don't shoot at cops? Of course there will be a return with volume. And got the old Sleeve bag LeBron inserting his opinion on his hometown.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/l...eased/95-e6339f9b-05f4-47b8-8eae-11cbbf70e220
I grew up in a small suburb of Akron (literally 5 minutes from this shooting).

Akron has *always* had the reputation of heavy handed policing. This is certainly messed up, from all sides. Bad policing, bad actions leading to the bad policing... truly a tragedy.

Back