National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

I wonder if they are actually displeased enough for them to not vote for her anymore. I kind of doubt it.
That's exactly it.

This district is a Democrat stronghold. They've held the seat since 1963 with no Republican getting more than 40% of the vote in half a century. Those aren't good odds to overcome. Best shot is for a competing Democrat to remove her.

Just checked...the current Democrat challenger trails her in the Primary right now 48 - 51%.

Looks like she will pull this out, but a lot closer than I thought it would be. I’m sure it’s a lot closer than she thought it would be too.

View attachment 40207
An interesting graphic that depicts just how strong her support is in various neighborhoods in her district - it speaks volumes as to the views of Mpls residents; they deserve what they vote for:

Screenshot_20220811-094951_Chrome.jpg

Meanwhile in Minneapolis….

Minneapolis teachers union contract calls for layoffs of white teachers first

A Minneapolis teachers union contract stipulates that white teachers will be laid off or reassigned before “educators of color” in the event Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) needs to reduce staff.

After the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers (MFT) and MPS struck a deal on March 25 to end a 14-day teacher strike, the two sides drew up and ratified a new collective bargaining agreement complete with various proposals.

One of the proposals dealt with “educators of color protections.” The agreement states that if a non-white teacher is subject to excess, MPS must excess a white teacher with the “next least” seniority.

A Minneapolis teachers union contract stipulates that white teachers will be laid off or reassigned before “educators of color” in the event Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) needs to reduce staff.

After the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers (MFT) and MPS struck a deal on March 25 to end a 14-day teacher strike, the two sides drew up and ratified a new collective bargaining agreement complete with various proposals.

One of the proposals dealt with “educators of color protections.” The agreement states that if a non-white teacher is subject to excess, MPS must excess a white teacher with the “next least” seniority.
That policy is... pretty racist.

Whites only firing criteria = not racist
Whites only water fountains or schools = bet your ass Federal troops are coming to town

I hope the MPS is burned to the fucking ground in courts and with lawsuits. To the ground like...Minneapolis during those mostly peaceful protests awhile back.

Holy shit. That's a horrible union.

To be fair I've always thought that runs other than sprints or shorter distances could probably be replaced by something more appropriate to today's policing. It seems like a relic from the past.
It kind of is a relic, but in order to complete a distance run, you by default "should" be fit enough to perform a lot of other physical tasks. The run needs of course to be supplemented with other exercises.
Maybe a more important thing to think about is that once these cops pass the academy there is no more physical testing, ever...
Like a three rep Bronco? People would complain about that. A two mile run ain't no relic. It's great for knowing "general fitness". But I'd definitely be up for something even more strenuous. 😅
The 2 mile run is a non scientific benchmark, a 1.5 mile run has been proven in the past to be far more effective, beyond that you need to be doing 3+ miles. Physiology and all that jazz.

It kind of is a relic, but in order to complete a distance run, you by default "should" be fit enough to perform a lot of other physical tasks. The run needs of course to be supplemented with other exercises.
Maybe a more important thing to think about is that once these cops pass the academy there is no more physical testing, ever...

The 2 mile run is a non scientific benchmark, a 1.5 mile run has been proven in the past to be far more effective, beyond that you need to be doing 3+ miles. Physiology and all that jazz.
I'm not really sure on any science that says 1.5 miles is "enough" to determine general aerobic fitness. But if you want to go to 3 miles, let's do it.

Oh boy…

My thinks we might see this video making the rounds over the next few days.

Hate. Only because that is fucked.

I'm not really sure on any science that says 1.5 miles is "enough" to determine general aerobic fitness. But if you want to go to 3 miles, let's do it.
I am, unless new advancements in science have shown otherwise. Do you know why the US Army choose 2 miles? I don't. I do however know why most other forces in the world have chosen 1.5ml, and there's science behind it. I never said "general aerobic fitness", I also never said 3 miles was a better standard. My post doesn't need to be interpreted, it's not cryptic.

I am, unless new advancements in science have shown otherwise. Do you know why the US Army choose 2 miles? I don't. I do however know why most other forces in the world have chosen 1.5ml, and there's science behind it. I never said "general aerobic fitness", I also never said 3 miles was a better standard. My post doesn't need to be interpreted, it's not cryptic.
I assume it’s so they can claim they’re harder than the Air Force, with our 1.5 miles and only 1 minute of push-ups and sit-ups, rather than the Army’s manly 2.0 and 2 minutes of push-ups and sit-ups.

Oh boy…

My thinks we might see this video making the rounds over the next few days.

I can't wait to see the justification for that one.

I guess the only positive here, making lemonade and all, is burning the entire state of Arkansas to the ground won't cause much damage. 2-3 million in property damage total for the whole state?

British Army was doing a 1.5 Mile warm up before the 1.5 mile for test. So again, not really sure on "the science". The Air Force and the Navy use 1.5 mile run in their PT test...and they're totally a standard to aspire to. 🙄

Most of the time the people that complain about the 2 mile run are really fat. Then you have a few of the super fit that also complain. YMMV

I assume it’s so they can claim they’re harder than the Air Force, with our 1.5 miles and only 1 minute of push-ups and sit-ups, rather than the Army’s manly 2.0 and 2 minutes of push-ups and sit-ups.

Well you lot had civilian graders because NCOs couldn't be trusted to deliver PT tests. Them got rid of the Civilian graders to bring back NCOs, but the NCOs couldn't be from your unit. So, pretty sure it has nothing to do with being harder than the country club. Slightly snark, but really not.

British Army was doing a 1.5 Mile warm up before the 1.5 mile for test. So again, not really sure on "the science". The Air Force and the Navy use 1.5 mile run in their PT test...and they're totally a standard to aspire to. 🙄

Most of the time the people that complain about the 2 mile run are really fat. Then you have a few of the super fit that also complain. YMMV

Well you lot had civilian graders because NCOs couldn't be trusted to deliver PT tests. Them got rid of the Civilian graders to bring back NCOs, but the NCOs couldn't be from your unit. So, pretty sure it has nothing to do with being harder than the country club. Slightly snark, but really not.
No offense taken. I’m disgusted by a majority of the force, and not just the Air Force.

Back