Navy SEAL Pix

images

52539tb0.jpg

I'm sure that posting pictures of a Navy SEAL's official photo shoot with his bike in Coronado- there is no need to adhere to PERSEC unless the black box is used in order to save face from embarassment.

Plus thats SWO Stacey Virgin and he has put himself out in the spotlight quite a bit on his own.

Yeah. I Googled and bam, he is out there alright.

Wonder how that works. I assume he's on the recruitment aspect of the Teams so no clandestine missions for him? :confused:

Yeah. I Googled and bam, he is out there alright.

Wonder how that works. I assume he's on the recruitment aspect of the Teams so no clandestine missions for him? :confused:

to be honest man, PERSEC for anybody but Tier 1 units is not that big of a deal. Some people are just drama queens. No SEAL or Ranger will ever clandestinely infiltrate a nation as a photographer or tourist or missionary or some shit. It just doesn't work that way. In hollywood yes, real life no.

I mean.. how about the countless press releases SOCOM puts out for SOF soldiers getting valor awards? Names, units, rank, even DOB are sometimes put out there for the world to see.

I mean shit, I can compile a list of at least 15 CAG shooters just by watching Best Ranger.

I mean.. how about the countless press releases SOCOM puts out for SOF soldiers getting valor awards? Names, units, rank, even DOB are sometimes put out there for the world to see.

I mean shit, I can compile a list of at least 15 CAG shooters just by watching Best Ranger.

I couldn't agree with this more. Plus I think that the HN personell in alot of the pics of SF guys have a lot more to lose than any SF/SEAL/RANGER does.

29mog3d.jpg
U.S. Navy SEALs team members, assigned to Special Operations Task Force-South, use their bodies to shield themselves from dust and rocks strewn throughout the air by an MH-47 Chinook helicopter after completing a clearing operation in Panjwa'i District, April 19, 2011, Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Operations such as these are being conducted in order to rid the region of Taliban influence and improve security for the populace. Also assisting during the operation were Afghan Commandos, with the Afghan National Army's 3rd Commando Kandak, and Panjwa'i District Governor Fazluddin Agha.

ru05sk.jpg
A U.S. Navy SEALs team member with Special Operations Task Force-South, provides security during the early morning hours of a clearing operation in Panjwa'i District, April 19, 2011, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Operations such as these are being conducted in order to rid the region of Taliban influence and improve security for the populace. Also assisting during the operation were Afghan Commandos, with the Afghan National Army's 3rd Commando Kandak, and Panjawa'i District Governor Fazluddin Agha.

n15efl.jpg
A U.S. Navy SEAL team member, with Special Operations Task Force-South and Afghan Commandos, with the Afghan National Army's 3rd Commando Kandak, utilize a wall for cover and concealment during the early morning hours of a clearing operation in Panjwa'i District, April 19, 2011, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Operations such as these are being conducted in order to rid the region of Taliban influence and improve security for the populace. Also assisting during the operation was Panjwa'i District Governor, Fazluddin Agha.

I love the scar. i hope it's only a matter pf time before SEALs start getting deployed with them.

And how much time do you have in the field with it under combat conditions? Thats right...ZERO.

Save your hoping for when you know what it is you are truly hoping for.

Go do pushups...

It's been out for quite a while now...

Spec Ops Command Cancels New Rifle

June 25, 2010
Military.com|by Christian Lowe

In a surprising reversal that follows years of effort to design a one-of-a-kind commando rifle, the U.S. military's Special Operations Command has abruptly decided to abandon the new SOCOM Combat Assault rifle – the "SCAR," as the rifle is commonly known – in favor of previously-fielded carbines.

Details provided exclusively to Military.com reveal that SOCOM, the Tampa-based command that oversees the training and equipping of SEALs, Green Berets, Air Force Special Tactics Teams and Marine SOC groups, will stop purchasing the 5.56 mm Mk-16 Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle and might require all units who now have them to turn the new weapons back into the armory.

"The Mk-16 does not provide enough of a performance advantage over the M-4 to justify spending USSOCOM's limited … funds when competing priorities are taken into consideration," officials at USSOCOM said in an email response to questions from Military.com. "Currently, three of USSOCOM's four components receive the 5.56 mm M-4 from their parent service as a service common equipment item." (Naval Special Warfare Command is the only component that does not purchase its weapons with Navy funds.)

SOCOM said it will instead purchase additional Mk-17 variants that use the heavier 7.62 mm round, more Mk-13 Enhanced Grenade Launchers, and a newly-designated Mk-20 Sniper Support Rifle. (Industry observers say the Mk-20 is basically the Mk-17 with longer barrel and other sharpshooter enhancements.)

News of the cancellation of the Mk-16 variant of the SCAR is a major reversal for a command that spent six years and millions of dollars fielding a rifle specifically made for use by special operators. It was the first rifle since the M-16 that was competed, tested, and built from the ground up for the military.

This cancellation will certainly be poorly received by program advocates who touted the weapon's mission flexibility, better gas piston operating system, and performance in dusty environments as clear advantages over the current M-4.

Elaine Golladay, spokeswoman for FNH-USA, the weapon's manufacturer, declined to comment on the cancellation for this report.

Ironically, the company announced May 4 that it had passed the final hurdle from SOCOM's weapons buying office to go into full production and fielding of both the Mk-16 and Mk-17. It is unclear if SOCOM had made the decision to cancel their buy of the Mk-16 when FNH-USA issued that announcement.

Additionally, sources tell Military.com that SOCOM is leaning toward requiring that all Mk-16s currently fielded be returned as retaining limited numbers of them would complicate training and logistics support.

Officials with SOCOM said the services have so far fielded 850 Mk-16s and 750 Mk-17s throughout the SOF community, but did not specify which units got what rifle. As of last count, Military.com reported Army Rangers, most SEAL teams and Naval Special Warfare Combat-Craft Crewmen had received a mix of Mk-16s and 17s.

Original program documents from SOCOM show a requirement of over 120,000 Mk-16s and nearly 40,000 Mk-17s.

It is unclear how many Mk-17 rifles SOCOM will buy. The command budgeted $3 million in fiscal 2011 to purchase SCAR variants and had an additional "unfunded requirement" of $1.6 million for SCAR.

"The Mk-17 fills the existing capability gap for a 7.62 mm rifle," officials said. "USSOCOM is in the process of determining the exact quantities of the Mk-17, Mk-13 and Mk-20 variants that will be purchased."

source

Back