Navy SEAL Pix

If they were in a magazine article they are (well should be) cleared for release Smurf, its not your ones its just going through some of them have a very personal flavour which would indicate they were taken by a team member.

Oh no I didn't take it as anything against me! I see what you're saying though

I know I've seen the ones where the SEALs are prepping to go out on the Life web site (magazine, not the cereal), and it had them captioned as from 2007 in Fallujah.

59082_159527924059034_136419783036515_524133_2960155_n.jpg

MCADS

This looks suspiciously like an instructor I had way back when. Dead ringer. If he wasn't waving his weapon in the air like a crazy person(navy person) I would think it was him.

Aren't you supposed to move with the barrel pointed up rather than down at your foot? Why is that "crazy"?

Well in the Army we don't carry our weapons like that, that is one of the easiest differences to spot between SF and SEALs in these pics. The SEALs will always have there weapons pointed at the sky and SF guys and Rangers will have them pointed at the ground. Both work just fine just different, maybe it comes from them working on boats.

We teach the high port on BCDs for safety but once your course qualified its really up to you. I still do it as the last thing I want to do is trip up and spud my barrel into the ground.

Target acquisition is SLIGHTLY faster if your weapon is at the low and ready as opposed to in the sky.

Do some drills on your own and you will realize it. In order to bring a weapon from up top, you have to obscure your view of your target for a fraction of a second. If it is at the low and ready, your eye is never off target as your bringing your weapon up.

I'm sure theres a reason they do it. I just don't know it. Would like some input.

Target acquisition is SLIGHTLY faster if your weapon is at the low and ready as opposed to in the sky.

Do some drills on your own and you will realize it. In order to bring a weapon from up top, you have to obscure your view of your target for a fraction of a second. If it is at the low and ready, your eye is never off target as your bringing your weapon up.

I'm sure theres a reason they do it. I just don't know it. Would like some input.

PM inbound

We teach the high port on BCDs for safety but once your course qualified its really up to you. I still do it as the last thing I want to do is trip up and spud my barrel into the ground.

I wonder if I could use the that as an excuse and get away with it? LMAO

Well in the Army we don't carry our weapons like that, that is one of the easiest differences to spot between SF and SEALs in these pics. The SEALs will always have there weapons pointed at the sky and SF guys and Rangers will have them pointed at the ground. Both work just fine just different, maybe it comes from them working on boats.

Actually the Army use to teach three weapon ready positions, but with the release of the new amended FM they now only teach two. The old FM taught high ready position (weapon pointed up 45 degrees butt stock tucked under the armpit). The ready position (weapon pointed at the target in normal firing position with eyes looking over the sights) and the low ready position (weapon pointed at a 45 degree angle at the ground with butt stock in the pocket of the shoulder).
I do not know why they changed that in the FM, but I do think the high ready (the way it used to be described) was a valid weapon ready position. I use it when getting in and out of positions, when using individual movement techniques such as bounding. As to why the SEAL’s use the high ready position, shooting holes in a boat tends make them sink (at least that’s how I was told by a team 2 frog).

Yep-yep, good post!

Back