Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

I'm not even military but I like your style. You can be my boss anytime.

Did they release a photo of the asshole's face? I'm guessing the tear is not even a half-inch in length. Now if the tear reached his eyebrows and all the way to the back of head I'd understand his frustrations.

Good hunting on the SEALs!

I haven't seen a photo yet. I'm assuming that any photo is going to be kept confidential till the trial is over.

"Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it."

WTF! A fucking bloody lip! And also; WTF is SOCOM letting "Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command" anywhere near this case? OH JESUS, (no sorry, oh Allah), I GOT A BLOODY LIP WHEN THEY CAUGHT ME! You must throw my case out of court because I fell down and bloodied my lip! FUCK THIS!!

In WWII they would've gotten medals. And if they were Israeli, they'd have been decorated, promoted, and given a holiday

What I want to know is the names of the people in the command that pushed for NJP or whatever disciplinary punishment to begin with.

The individuals in the command who pursued action against these SEAL/s are the ones who should have their names publicized on the news for monumental incompetence. They are part of the problem and should be forced out of the military immediately. We don't need people like that in the Naval service.

And I can say that now that I am out.

I said this once before and I will say it again; we've gone from burning the Japanese out of their pillboxes with flamethrowers to a place where our own commandos can lose their entire careers over busting a terrorist (who orchestrated the murder, burning, and mutilation of 4 American contractors) in the lip.

I saw this on TV again, and wanted to smash something.
2ag4x1w.jpg

http://video.foxnews.com/11929348/international-show-trial

SO2 McCabe's lawyer says his client has been accused of punching this doucher in the gut. I am wondering where the bloody lip comes in. Also, he says in the video that "the command he was attached to at the time over in Iraq" (SOCCENT) aka. Army, decided to issue career ending NJP. If they were AdCon to Special Operations Command Central Command then the US Army is the ones burning these guys. I would think they would only be OpCon'ed to SOCCENT but I had a hard time believing this was driven by NSW. Not out of question but Frogs usually cover eachothers asses pretty good on an incident that isn't akin to stealing from teammates.

This is some real bullshit. Way to tie the hands of the people staring into the fire over there.

Sooner or later, our warriors are going to stop fighting for us, b/c they are tired of being burned by the people thy protect… This bullshit is unfucking believable!

So, if I was a younger person...it's this kind of politically correct BULLSHIT that would make me reconsider signing up to defend my country. I mean why would I want to do that only to be stabbed in the back?

I wish these Men well.

That thought crosses my mind all the time, but fuck it. The people back home can be nice to these terrorist bastards, because I sure as hell wont and if I get in trouble for it then so be it. In the end who's still in the right?

im just speculating but in the news report they said he was attacked by three of the SEALs during apprehension. We'll im just going to assume that this terrorist guy was no so happy to be taken away from IRAQ by SOF men. Im QUITE SURE there was probably a struggle to get this guy to cooperate. If the dbag got punched in the face im sure it was to make him cooperate with the SEALs.

Folks: First lets stop speculating until we know all the facts. I highly doubt a commander is recommending NJP for a gut-punch. There is more to this story (chicken-s**t or not) and it makes sense to keep powder dry until facts are known. The thing that continues to puzzle me is the "false statement" charge. I suspect that this is what elevated a bit of overaggression to something else.

Second: SOCCENT is a joint unit. The current CG is an Army officer, true, but the SEAL unit still has Naval Officers in command of it. Normally, NJP is done by the senior officer of that Service (i.e. Navy) unless the CG himself chose to take action (usually on recommendation from lower level commanding officers). Yes, as the Court Martial authority, the CG is preferring the court martial charges (since he is the first flag-rank officer in that chain of command).

MG Cleveland is a very good commander (Former 10th Group Commander, TF Viking) - although I'm sure there are some 3d Group guys that may beg to differ. I'm waiting to hear a bit more from his perspective before lighting a torch and getting a pitchfork.

Also, on a side note: If you're not 100% sure what "ADCON", "OPCON" etc mean, it may be a good idea to not use them in this context.

The SEALs are right to request courts martial over Captain's Mast for this inane bullshit. It'll highlight the stupidity of the charges and those bringing them--not to mention waste time and money and create adverse publicity for the Navy; A Captain's mast would be behind closed doors, and probably end up with some kind of letter of censure in their SRBs just to satisfy the PC chain-of-command-- which could fuck their careers.

God protect our warfighters from the dickhead pogues who pull this shit out their ass.

BTW, congratulations SEALs for your efforts and risks in getting this POS in custody alive, and if I were your CO you'd all be getting commendations and all the free beer you can drink.

If they didn't do anything to merit the charges, then absolutely they are right to contest the charges through every means available, in this case a court martial as opposed to the NJP they were offered, which I believe is the equivalent of an article 15 in the Army.

However, if the SEALs in question struck the prisoner without cause, i.e he wasn't resisting them, or fighting back, or whatever, then they fucked up. Regardless of what the SEALS think of this guy, or the actions he's suspected of, the only thing he is at that point in time, when he has been captured and is in custody, is a prisoner. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, again qualifying my preceding comments with that big IF, IF the SEALs know they were in the wrong, that they struck him without cause, and were called out on it, and IF, knowing this, they decided to forgo the NJP they were offered and to take the matter to a Court Martial, then they have nobody but themselves to blame if they are convicted of the offense they're charged with.

And I know my post is going to result in howls of derision and criticism, but that doesn't change either the dilemma the SEALs face, or the ultimate dispostion of the case, nor does it change the facts of the case, whatever they may be.

IF they're guilty of fucking with this prisoner, of striking him for no other reason than they had the opportunity, then they deserve to be convicted. It would have been in there best interests, if indeed these charges are true, to accept the NJP and be done with it.

If they didn't do anything to merit the charges, then absolutely they are right to contest the charges through every means available, in this case a court martial as opposed to the NJP they were offered, which I believe is the equivalent of an article 15 in the Army.

However, if the SEALs in question struck the prisoner without cause, i.e he wasn't resisting them, or fighting back, or whatever, then they fucked up. Regardless of what the SEALS think of this guy, or the actions he's suspected of, the only thing he is at that point in time, when he has been captured and is in custody, is a prisoner. Nothing more, nothing less. <snip>

And I know my post is going to result in howls of derision and criticism, but that doesn't change either the dilemma the SEALs face, or the ultimate dispostion of the case, nor does it change the facts of the case, whatever they may be.

IF they're guilty of fucking with this prisoner, of striking him for no other reason than they had the opportunity, then they deserve to be convicted. It would have been in there best interests, if indeed these charges are true, to accept the NJP and be done with it.

Well put. I think you and I will be swimming this lane together.

That Fox piece tells me nothing. At the 1:44 mark, the talking head whom I've never seen before says, in a breathless voice, "these SEALs don't want punishment in the traditional way, they want non-judicial punishment". :rolleyes:

He doesn't even know what they want. They turned down NJP and are going for a court martial. If Fox is going to report on this story, they should at least know what they are talking about.

I should add, if in fact this all occurred in the performance of their duties, and the guy decided he wanted to play games, then I sincerely hope they're acquitted. And for the leadership, if they brought these charges more for political reasons than military discipline, and used undue command influence to charge these guys, they themselves should be facing charges.

That happened before, in the case of the 2 SF soldiers who, while on one mission, were diverted to another location on a report of an HVT who was designated as a target that could be shot on sight, if the opportunity arose. And the irony in that case is that the charges stemmed from a group of sailors, I'm not sure if they were medics or intel, who witnessed the action and thought that the shooting was uncalled for, without being aware of the protocol that was in place for engaging this man.

As I understood it, the General who got involved and influenced the UCMJ action against these SF soldiers was himself rebuked, and if I recall correctly, he was also defrocked.

Folks: First lets stop speculating until we know all the facts...

{*snip*}

... I'm waiting to hear a bit more from his perspective before lighting a torch and getting a pitchfork...

Good advice.

(puts torch out for the moment)

OK..should we be beating the crap out of our detainees probably not...but we should definitely NOT be ratting people for this kind of thing. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY PEOPLE !

Give me some help here. I spent my time avoiding court martial so I don't know a lot about them. ? The court is convened by a ranking officer and the board is made up of people senior to the accused? rules of evidence are they similar to a civillian court? Do they have the right to face their accuser? Is there a list of punishments vs conviction. Of the three charges filed what is the most severe? Do you have the right to not self incriminate or can you be ordered to answer?
Is non judicial punishment a career ender for enlisted people?
Thanks for any help available. I tried to read and google these questions but I am to stupid to understand that gobbledygook.
Bill

Back