New .45 on it way but which one????

Sawman/lockNload:

I agree with many of your comments on the Glock and other service type pistols. To many people pistols and other firearms are like cars and/or even women. They all do sort of the same things and we tend to pick them based on individual choices and opinions of what is important to ourselves.

The Government usually picks the low bidder, so many LE Agencies wind up with the Glock 22. It is IMO a VERY good choice for most LE agencies to issue. The SIG is also issued to many LE agencies as well. As I recall the UK's SAS turned to the SIG 226 to replace the Browning. So it goes!

I've always viewed weapons like parachutes. You have certain items for certain tasks, some are more comfortable to the user than others. What I like and depend on may not be what you like and depend on. Bells, whistles, colors.....whatever, as long as it works when you need it to over and over and over until you no longer use it.

I don't remember who said this first:

"Glocks are for people who have to carry."
"1911's are for people who like to carry."

I like to.

I like that. I agree for the most part. I think you'll see the majority of people who carry cuz they want to with the nicer guns.

With nothing being absolute in this world, I do have one side note.

I've had some nice race guns over the years. I've since sold them all. Not because I'm against them, but because I don't have the faith in them I do in the ugly plastic Glock. (I know that sounds ironic)

Maybe I'm too much a product of training and contingency concerns, but when I check a pistol and shove it into a holster, I'm counting on having to use it left handed in the dark, in an awkward fight, covered in one or more of the following; Blood, salt water, mud, sand, bile, spinal fluid, barf, fuel... I figure if it's not close, it's not really an emergency or self defense survival situation, so the accuracy of the Glock will do. Besides, many who claim to need more accuracy than that can't shoot well enough to back that up. Having also been in federal law enforcement, I know the legal questions will be asked about why you pursued, or engaged at long distances, etc. So the accuracy thing for me, with a pistol, doesn't ring with much resonance. I just haven't seen that issue to be significant. The Glocks are accurate enough. So there are a lot of different ways of looking at it. I like 'em all. I just like pointing out where my thinking comes from.

Anyway, I do like "handsome" guns and I will start carrying more while stateside. But for me, it will still be the ugly plastic gun that runs like a champ in a life and death fight under adverse conditions.

Sawman/lockNload:

I agree with many of your comments on the Glock and other service type pistols. To many people pistols and other firearms are like cars and/or even women. They all do sort of the same things and we tend to pick them based on individual choices and opinions of what is important to ourselves.

I agree, I think probably 99% of these discussion is as you say. I found out I am extremely flexible, all these pistols sound good to me. I would not have a problem carrying one of them if I had to have to carry a pistol.

I have noticed over time, I may gravitate to a specific pistol, why? I guess I would need a really cool reason, but it tends to be more on some innate personal preference.

So back to my basic economic philosophy of life about firearms, More is preferred to less.

I am a firm believer that a handgun should FIT your personal hand...ie: have a "natural point" from your specific hand.
That may be much different for each person.

Sure, a certain amount of that can be "learned" by repeated use of a weapon...(muscle memory IS a good thing!)
But there is something to be said for a weapon that just "naturally" points accurately in your hand (from DAY ONE).
Sometimes you may only have enough time to "point" rather than "aim".

PS: GOD BLESS John Browning. :cool:

I should have some pic's to show tomorrow or Friday. Plus I owe AZ pic's of my FNH he keeps lusting after!
Word!

I'm interested in that FNH, because the Browning HiPower was the best naturally FITTING weapon I've ever had...didn't even have to aim...just POINT that MF and it was "on target".
I'm anxious to see if the FNH looks to be similar, in a "compact" package. :2c: I can't find one (locally) to put in my hand.
So, need to at least see a picture!
:cool:

Okay I did not go with the Kimber. I was not thrilled to find out the frame was alloy!

So I went with a Springfield 1911 A1 - Loaded Match. Plus a Titanium Guide Rod, Novak sights, Wilson Combat Match Barrel and Bushings and Trigger job! It's a start!
PX9152LP.gif

Okay I did not go with the Kimber. I was not thrilled to find out the frame was alloy!

So I went with a Springfield 1911 A1 - Loaded Match. Plus a Titanium Guide Rod, Novak sights, Wilson Combat Match Barrel and Bushings and Trigger job! It's a start!
Springfield does JMB, Bro! You KNOW what I think. :cool:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dE5IZbMd3Q&feature=related[/ame]

So I went with a Springfield 1911 A1 - Loaded Match. Plus a Titanium Guide Rod, Novak sights, Wilson Combat Match Barrel and Bushings and Trigger job! It's a start![/IMG]

Per my prior comment(s), I think that was a much better choice going with the SA. :)

Hopefully I will meet you on the range some day to see it... Anyone who can spank me on the range usually has something good to teach me! :confused:

Some day indeed, I think it would be cool to make it to a shoot out or a match in your area. ;)

This is starting to sound a tad bit kinky.

Do you feel left out?}:-)

You guys KNOW that Arizona is the "mecca" of the combat pistol world, right? ;)
Time for a "pilgrimage", MF's~!
:cool:

Back