New .45 on it way but which one????

Some day indeed, I think it would be cool to make it to a shoot out or a match in your area. ;)

You're always welcome to visit. IDPA is popular around here. I have not shot a match all summer sad to say as I have been busy with the team, but have gotten some rnds off each week at their range. Better then nothing.

You're always welcome to visit. IDPA is popular around here. I have not shot a match all summer sad to say as I have been busy with the team, but have gotten some rnds off each week at their range. Better then nothing.

I have not shot a match since 2007 (First Army Warrior Challange) :( I have been to a few local IDPA "get to gethers" but hardly anyone has been showing up...:uhh:

Sure do, I have a couple of .45s that like to party. 2-Colts, 1 is a Wilson build, a S&W Chief Special, Beretta, Taurus New Millennium, Jericho, and a Glock.

"Becuase I like to party" :D

How in the fuck can you aford to shoot all that? }:-)

How in the fuck can you aford to shoot all that? }:-)

I can only shoot one or two hand guns at a time. So the ammo used is the same regardless of how many hand guns that I have.

When I did some competition, I would only use certain pistols 90% of the time. Then again, I shoot for fun, even in competition. The other aspect is that I reload. This last 9 months has been a bit of a challenge. About 8 years ago a box of commercial .45 Colt reduced loads was $25.00, using my brass a box cost $2.50 to reload. So you can see one can lower the cost a bit. If I need to be more frugal, I can cast my own bullets.

Also I see guns as a investment that you can play with. Stocks are just numbers on a piece of paper, last Dec, they took a 30 - 40% dive in value. Firearms on the hand, you can play with and just went up in value. One should have a diversified portfolio :D.

BTW I do have a UZI in .45, and a couple of .45 colts. wheel guns.

I can only shoot one or two hand guns at a time. So the ammo used is the same regardless of how many hand guns that I have.

When I did some competition, I would only use certain pistols 90% of the time. Then again, I shoot for fun, even in competition. The other aspect is that I reload. This last 9 months has been a bit of a challenge. About 8 years ago a box of commercial .45 Colt reduced loads was $25.00, using my brass a box cost $2.50 to reload. So you can see one can lower the cost a bit. If I need to be more frugal, I can cast my own bullets.

Also I see guns as a investment that you can play with. Stocks are just numbers on a piece of paper, last Dec, they took a 30 - 40% dive in value. Firearms on the hand, you can play with and just went up in value. One should have a diversified portfolio :D.

BTW I do have a UZI in .45, and a couple of .45 colts. wheel guns.

Well thank you for your very detailed explanation as to how you afford shooting only 1-2 pistols at a time… :D

I agree guns are investments, I own six 1911’s not including the ones my dad bought for my NRA match’s. I have two Glock’s, one Sig and one S&W MnP (not for much longer) and if all goes well I will have a new XD m 9mm today after I get done at the gun show…

Only have one wheel gun S&W model 10 38spc, it gets cleaned once a year. ;)

I need to buy some reloading equipment though…

Well thank you for your very detailed explanation as to how you afford shooting only 1-2 pistols at a time… :D

I agree guns are investments, I own six 1911’s not including the ones my dad bought for my NRA match’s. I have two Glock’s, one Sig and one S&W MnP (not for much longer) and if all goes well I will have a new XD m 9mm today after I get done at the gun show…

Only have one wheel gun S&W model 10 38spc, it gets cleaned once a year. ;)

Being a reloader affectinatto, I like to encourage people to reload. It is not for everyone. Cost wise, it would be hard to justify reloading equipment for the casual shooter. In competition it allows shooter to have ammo made for their specific firearm. Just as a pistol can be tuned to the needs of the specific shooter, the ammo can be tuned for that specific firearm.

For me, reloading also gives a added dimension to shooting. I like to know what I am doing and how it works. I even build some of my own shooters or do my own mods.

My sentiments EXACTLY!
Guns, Ammo, Real Estate. :cool:

I agree guns are investments, I own six 1911’s not including the ones my dad bought for my NRA match’s. I have two Glock’s, one Sig and one S&W MnP (not for much longer) and if all goes well I will have a new XDm 9mm today after I get done at the gun show…

YES! Let me know how she (XDm) goes! (20rd magazine, match barrel)
:cool:
I grabbed a shotty reloader and a bunch of primers a couple monthes ago...and STILL need to get her setup and in production.
Hollis, any recomendations on brand/type of shotty Powder to start with...for mostly 12ga. defense loads and perhaps some coyote slugs?
And is one type of wadding better than another?

I have not shot a match since 2007 (First Army Warrior Challange) :( I have been to a few local IDPA "get to gethers" but hardly anyone has been showing up...:uhh:

Here in ultra liberal anti gun MA, there is an IDPA match just about every weekend in the summer at anyone of 4-5 clubs within an hour drive of my house.

YES! Let me know how she (XDm) goes! (20rd magazine, match barrel)
:cool:
I grabbed a shotty reloader and a bunch of primers a couple monthes ago...and STILL need to get her setup and in production.
Hollis, any recomendations on brand/type of shotty Powder to start with...for mostly 12ga. defense loads and perhaps some coyote slugs?
And is one type of wadding better than another?

I would just see what the reloading manual recommends. Last 12 Gs that I loaded was black powder with fiber wads.

Slugs for coyotes? How about .22 LR HPs. I don't load enough shotgun to be all the familiar with them. Again best is to consult the manual.

IF YOU CAN BEAT ME, it won't be by much!!! I still like the Kimber alot. I just did not realize they had a Alloy frame. For an IPSC gun and running 1000's of rounds thru it I was a bit concerned. Kimber is good kit!

I can still shoot a playing card in half with a single shot from 10 yds! At least with my 92FS. And that is being out of top form. I just joined a new shooting league and will be re-building my skills over the next few months. I plan to get back to top form and should have no trouble doing the playing card at 15 yds with the my new 45.

Just need to keep building up those fine motor skills and muscle memory!

I will let you know once I shoot my new SA how well it shoots. I will probably shoot it tomorrow when I pick it up from the Armorer/Gun Smith.

Gotta get it thru the break in period ASAP.

:rolleyes:

I will still spank you both with my Kimber!:D:2c:

So I picked up the XD (M) 9mm Sunday at the gunshow, shot 400rds today. It grouped well, but I had a few flyers here and there. Largest group was about 6 inch, smallest was about 3 inch. Not bad for a $550 out of the box pistola...

Pic sucks b/c it's off my cell phone...

I used the .45 standard issue first, followed by the 92F's when they first released them. We shot 1000 rounds through the original, x-rayed the frame and found hairline cracks. I believe Beretta made corrections.

I used the SIG 9mm on the weapons team, and really enjoyed it. Not a great concealed peice, but great response for a shooter.

I carried a Walther .380 for a while, and while comfortable to carry and accurate, I was always concerned about knock down power.

I carried a Model 10 snubby for a while in .38, and it did pretty well. If you practice enough with a wheel gun you can get really good at it. Fine motor skills on a re-load combat situation becomes a real concern for amateurs.

The Smith 5906 was a decent peice, but I am not a 9mm fan. In addition the grip size after the .45 was just not comfortable. I carried it for several years, and ended up giving it my father. (I added a trigger shoe which helped with accuracy.)

I now carry a .45 Gold cup national match with the original grips and heavier spring. The Eliason sites are kinda sharp for loose concealed, but in a shoulder holster it's great. I changed the spring after some feed issues with reloads. I tried different grips but just wasn't as comfortable.

Bottom line is if I had my choice for one combat weapon, it would be an M-14. Remember, "Bring a long gun. Preferably, bring a friend with a long gun."

If it's a back up handgun, I like the .45 for stopping power. The Kimber has a great rep, but you can't go wrong with Colt, practice, and more practice.

My two cents.

DK

PS If you like great combat leather, try Erik Little at Rafter L gun leather. Tell him I said "hi."

Waiting for the State to let me have my XD-9 (not the M) that I won recently. I've already picked up 100 rds of target ammo (Magtech 9a FMC) because it was a good price at $320 for the 1000.

At least the input terminal didn't go all Video Arcade when my info got put in, that was a good sign.

Range time will be scheduled.
CPL will be applied for.

Please send money so I can afford to shoot and buy mnore guns.
Thank you for supporting The TROLL!

Waiting for the State to let me have my XD-9 (not the M) that I won recently. I've already picked up 100 rds of target ammo (Magtech 9a FMC) because it was a good price at $320 for the 1000.

At least the input terminal didn't go all Video Arcade when my info got put in, that was a good sign.

Range time will be scheduled.
CPL will be applied for.

Please send money so I can afford to shoot and buy mnore guns.
Thank you for supporting The TROLL!

Have you started the paperwork for your WA State CCP yet? If not you should take the time to do that. :2c:

Back