New Army Fitness test @2020

Reading through the new NDAA, it looks like we’re back to the APFT?

If so, it actually took longer than I thought.

Not that I favor one over the other (I only ever had the APFT). It just seemed like a stretch to get a force to be successful with the tests they developed. You had a large number failing the basics involved in the APFT.

Reading through the new NDAA, it looks like we’re back to the APFT?

but..... muh ekwalitee !!

Seriously though - I know it seems crazy that the US Army has spent all this time and effort trying to revamp the physical fitness readiness process, but lets cut them some slack, this is the first time the US Army has ever made a mistake like this.
Except for that time that they introduced the ACU pattern as the new combat uniform.
Those were the only two mistakes the Army has ever made.
And Task force Smith; that was pretty bad too.
So, the new PT Test, ACU's, and Task Force Smith.
Oh, and disbanding the Iraqi Army - that may have been a bad call as well.
The new PT Test, ACU's, Task Force Smith, and disbanding the Iraqi Army.
...and thats all of them
Plus, the way they mishandled that whole recruiting of West Point football players with booze and cash a while back.
The new PT Test, ACU's, Task Force Smith, disbanding the Iraqi Army, and trying to recruit West Point football players with booze and cash.
...and letting that S[penser rapone guy graduate in spite of all that commie sympathizer shit he was proselytizing about.
...and that time when - Fuck - I've lost my train of thought - what was this thread about again ??

Last edited:

Seriously though - I know it seems crazy that the US Army has spent all this time and effort trying to revamp the physical fitness readiness process, but lets cut them some slack, this is the first time the US Army has ever made a mistake like this.
Except for that time that they introduced the ACU pattern as the new combat uniform.
...and thats all of them
Plus, the way they mishandled that whole recruiting of West Point football players with booze and cash a while back.
The new PT Test, ACU's, Task Force Smith, disbanding the Iraqi Army, and trying to recruit West Point football players with booze and cash.
...and letting that S[penser rapone guy graduate in spite of all that commie sympathizer shit he was proselytizing about.
...and that time when - Fuck - I've lost my train of thought - what was this thread about again ??

Fx Networks Lies GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

I will not stand for that...that's an L. Paul Bremer thing...you know special envoys making decisions they can't make and shit and then the Army being told to enforce said decision that can't be made...

...and thats all of them
I strongly agree with most of that, but...

I'm pretty sure disbanding the Iraqi Army was a political decision, not one made by the Army. I was only a major when that happened so I was no where near the decision making, but I suspect if we were in charge, we would have left them in place.

Rapone... yeah, West Point could (and should) have handled that better. But I don't think the "communism will win" thing became widely known until he mouthed off to the sitting SECDEF. After it broke, he got punted pretty pronto IIRC.

And the football recruiting thing you mentioned? Well no actually that was in fact a thing.

I wish I was more invested in detailed facts, but I've opted for wave tops, cherry-picking, half-truths, and innuendo. It makes for a better story telling effort.
I've noticed that when you mix a little politics in with just a touch of fact, some booze, some cash, and some hot chicks to beef up your football team all in the name of making.........
Well, I was going somewhere with that thought, but I lost it.

"This is the West Sir, when the legend becomes fact, print the legend"

C'mon, man! After the APFT, ACU's, and dress uniform changes, surely the Army is turning the corner on stupidity. Next you'll tell me they fielded what is clearly a tank, but the Army won't call it a tank. Or a parachute with a defective reserve. Or allow a widespread culture of toxic leadership.

I'm sure that old dog learned new tricks.

-The dog has learned how to post pride flags on its social media page.
-That dog has learned how to establish an "Army Gaming Team"
-That dog now lets S&M freaks dress up like dogs while in dress uniform without getting their guts stomped out.
-That dog has learned how to circulate intersectional recruiting videos on Ewetoob.
-That dog has learned how to give people with mental, behavioral, and neurodevelopmental disorders (ike ICD-10 F64) TS Security Clearances with access to SAP.

Old dogs can DEFINITELY learn new tricks.

C'mon, man! After the APFT, ACU's, and dress uniform changes, surely the Army is turning the corner on stupidity. Next you'll tell me they fielded what is clearly a tank, but the Army won't call it a tank. Or a parachute with a defective reserve. Or allow a widespread culture of toxic leadership.

I just hope everyone understands the Booker is not jumpable...

Do a few more leg tucks and it shouldn’t be a problem.

NO.MORE.LEG.TUCKS.

Leg tucks are just another way that entitled white middle class cisgendered heterosexual males wave their privilege in everyone's face as they use words like "standards" to consolidate power and tighten their grip on the rape culture that comprises the US military and its march towards violent colonialism under the guise of calling their charade a "meritocracy".
Leg tucks are sexist, homophobic, elitist, misogynistic, transphobic, fascist metaphors for the radical patriarchy that secretly controls the systemically racist military industrial complex.

NO MORE LEG TUCKS
NO MORE LEG TUCKS
NO MORE LEG TUCKS
C'mon Man, say it with me...
NO MORE LEG TUCKS
NO MORE LEG TUCKS
NO MORE LEG TUCKS

Hey - wait a minute - you're trying to twist my words.
I'm in favor of a neutral gender nonspecific measuring tool like the ACFT that accurately shows how equal we really are as long as it is constructed of components that ONLY show how equal we really are. Any underhanded unjust tweaks that might unfairly undermine or unbalance the unwaverable message that we are all unequivocally and undeniably equal are completely unacceptable.
It's the Army COMBAT Fitness test. "EVERYONE goes to combat" regardless of their level of fitness - so everyone should pass.
REGARDLESS OF THEIR LEVEL OF FITNESS.
C'mon Man.
Why do you hate women?

Male or Female - C'est La Même Chose !!!

Back