NEW METALLICA!!! (Full Album posted on Page 3 via YouTube)

I don't know how Volbeat is live, but I like a lot of their songs. Regular showings from them on my workout playlist.

Another random observation. When I saw Metallica in January of 2000, prior to the band coming out the cameraman was scanning the crowd and focusing on hot women. The crowd would chant "show us your tits!", and in nearly every case, they did.

No such luxury tonight. In today's age, it would be all over YouTube tomorrow and the cameraman would likely be fired be the end of the day.

Cool shit man. Enjoy, there is nothing better than live metal.

I am showed out for a few weeks. I have seen in the past 3 weeks Deftones, Chevelle, Volbeat, Killswitch Engage, AWOLNATION, and Prophets of Rage(best show I have seen in a long time), in addition to their associated openers.

I'm glad you get to see Metallica.

Review and setlist...

http://www.startribune.com/met...m-concert/390825651/

Metallica cranks up the volume for sold-out U.S. Bank Stadium show in Minneapolis

Here’s the full Metallica set list from Saturday’s concert:

Creeping Death

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Fuel

King Nothing

The Memory Remains

The Unforgiven

Leper Messiah

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Sad But True

Wherever I May Roam

One

Master of Puppets

Battery

Fade to Black

Seek & Destroy

ENCORE:

Hardwired

Whiskey in the Jar

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

Last edited:
Okay...one more Metallica post. Was looking around the net for additional reviews of last night show and found this list by Spin. For the most part I agree with the writer's list.

I'm still bitter that they never play Disposable Heroes live, (#40 on the list), but maybe I connect with the song because in 1989 it is the first Metallica song I ever heard, and was played for me by a now gone friend in the Marine Corps.

All 151 Metallica Songs, Ranked | SPIN

Cool shit man. Enjoy, there is nothing better than live metal.

I am showed out for a few weeks. I have seen in the past 3 weeks Deftones, Chevelle, Volbeat, Killswitch Engage, AWOLNATION, and Prophets of Rage(best show I have seen in a long time), in addition to their associated openers.

I'm glad you get to see Metallica.
That's a solid list right there. Chevelle is awesome and I would love to see them live, same with deftones. I've never listened to volbeat though.

That's a solid list right there. Chevelle is awesome and I would love to see them live, same with deftones. I've never listened to volbeat though.

I don't listen to Volbeat. I only saw them because Killswitch played first, we left early.

I don't listen to Volbeat. I only saw them because Killswitch played first, we left early.
Gotcha. Killswitch is from my part of Mass and I've grown up listening to them. I'm glad to see them still going strong.

Hardwired played live for the first time last night...my random observations:

- Drops the F-Bomb a few times so NSFW
- They look like they are having a lot of fun
- It really rocks, easily top-3 of last night's songs
- You can tell they have not played it much yet, all of them (especially James) spend a lot of time watching their fingers on the neck and frets of the guitar

Live on Jimmy Fallon last night...I really like this track as a live version. So much fun getting to watch Kirk shred a bit....

Just watched this on Netflix myself. Holy shit, that was good. They've moving closer to '80s form with original material, IMO.

It is good to see a fast and technical guitar player getting a wider exposure again, indeed.

I'm digging the last release (today). I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the first two... yes, it's back to thrash, but they were a bit weak in comparison to what their peers have been producing for the last two decades while they were fucking around with all the Load/Reload/St. Anger garbage. This one at least has some better songwriting to it and sounds quite a bit better.

I'm digging the last release (today). I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the first two... yes, it's back to thrash, but they were a bit weak in comparison to what their peers have been producing for the last two decades while they were fucking around with all the Load/Reload/St. Anger garbage. This one at least has some better songwriting to it and sounds quite a bit better.

Them were the days...

Back